Two in...

...and 5 out

fuckin woohooo
1st February 2019 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Two in...

I'm not going to lose too much sleep over the 5 out. Only one of them could be considered a first team squad member.
1st February 2019 08:19 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Two in...

agreed but we always seem to be able to do the deals to ship players out

massively underwhelmed after the strong rumours about 4 or 5 deals getting done

I wonder how much time and effort was wasted trying to secure Rondon on loan for next season
1st February 2019 08:36 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Two in...

we have two players thru the door when a week ago we were expecting none,
1st February 2019 08:44 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Yes better than we thought I suppose.
1st February 2019 08:47 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Two in...

Better than we thought but the usual bare minimum

Its a punt to secure PL status and nothing more - not sure if its enough to secure Benitez for next season as he was clamouring for at least 4 in

(This post was last modified: 1st February 2019 09:03 AM by McCreery.)
1st February 2019 09:02 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

nothing we could do about the lukaku one though that was unfortunate, and i heard benfica offered samaris a new contract so not much we could do about that either
1st February 2019 09:11 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Two in...

you're giving them far too much credit - there are a thousand things we could have done over the past few months to make sure some deals were secured this month

(This post was last modified: 1st February 2019 10:20 AM by McCreery.)
1st February 2019 10:11 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Two in...

I think this transfer window has been very interesting. I think the mexican stand-off between Rafa and Mike has been resolved, insofar that Rafa has always insisted that he be backed in the market before he even thinks about signing a new contract.

The signing of what seems to be a good quality attcking midfielder, for a record fee, bodes well that some sort of progress has been made. Not only in terms of the playing squad but on the fronts that a) Rafa may be closer to signing a new contract and b) Mike may be manoeuvering himself into a better selling position.

On the pitch, I'm keen to see this Paraguayan lad. He looks canny from the YT vids (but then again, Luque looked a world-beater on that site) and I think his arrival may galvanise the squad a tad. Given the fact that we are 5 points off the bottom 3 and that we have strengthened in obviously necessary areas, I am feeling a mite more optimistic than I was a week ago.
1st February 2019 10:19 AM
LeeEst85B Offline

Youth Team

I'm leaving my opinions on the 2 new signings until I see them with a few games under their belts! The LB couldn't even get a game in the Monaco side fighting relegation and as good as Nissan Almiron looks let's see if he can do it in the Premier League! I keep seeing In Rafa we Trust all over these message boards but he's bought some dross in the 3 years! I can only think of 3 signings that have been any good, Dubravka, Legeune and Ritchie up to now! Schar possibly but need to see a bit more of him
1st February 2019 10:25 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(1st February 2019 10:11 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.you're giving them far too much credit - there are a thousand things we could have done over the past few months to make sure some deals were secured this month

very true.......but although benitez is a better manager to attract good players than we've had in the past there are agents who will take the piss in terms of their players wage demands and mike refuses to be held to ransom by the greedy feckers and i agree with that policy, Almiron was reported to want £100k a week for example, that i would imagine has been the stumbling block in the deal with Charnley trying to knock him down to £60k a week plus bonusses which was eventually agreed.
Also is it not more difficult to attract good players to a club which is either always relegated or involved in a relegattion battle every season?.

(1st February 2019 10:19 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think this transfer window has been very interesting. I think the mexican stand-off between Rafa and Mike has been resolved, insofar that Rafa has always insisted that he be backed in the market before he even thinks about signing a new contract.

The signing of what seems to be a good quality attcking midfielder, for a record fee, bodes well that some sort of progress has been made. Not only in terms of the playing squad but on the fronts that a) Rafa may be closer to signing a new contract and b) Mike may be manoeuvering himself into a better selling position.

On the pitch, I'm keen to see this Paraguayan lad. He looks canny from the YT vids (but then again, Luque looked a world-beater on that site) and I think his arrival may galvanise the squad a tad. Given the fact that we are 5 points off the bottom 3 and that we have strengthened in obviously necessary areas, I am feeling a mite more optimistic than I was a week ago.

That's the million dollar question? WHY has he allowed £21m to be spent on ONE player, whether its a barclays loan or not, it is just so out of character and does make you wonder if he's trying to keep Benitez here.

(1st February 2019 10:25 AM)LeeEst85B Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm leaving my opinions on the 2 new signings until I see them with a few games under their belts! The LB couldn't even get a game in the Monaco side fighting relegation and as good as Nissan Almiron looks let's see if he can do it in the Premier League! I keep seeing In Rafa we Trust all over these message boards but he's bought some dross in the 3 years! I can only think of 3 signings that have been any good, Dubravka, Legeune and Ritchie up to now! Schar possibly but need to see a bit more of him

Fernandez, Rondon I'd add to that, but aye, now you come to mention it, he has signed some dross like. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 1st February 2019 11:02 AM by WilloTheWimp.)
1st February 2019 10:49 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Two in...

Schar looks the part to me in defence or as holding midfielder.

But yes he's bought some crap like Sels and that fat bloke who went to Blackburn, whose name escapes me.

But so did KK and SBR. Mike Hooper and Hugo Viana spring to mind.
1st February 2019 11:02 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

(1st February 2019 10:49 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st February 2019 10:11 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.you're giving them far too much credit - there are a thousand things we could have done over the past few months to make sure some deals were secured this month

very true.......but although benitez is a better manager to attract good players than we've had in the past there are agents who will take the piss in terms of their players wage demands and mike refuses to be held to ransom by the greedy feckers and i agree with that policy, Almiron was reported to want £100k a week for example, that i would imagine has been the stumbling block in the deal with Charnley trying to knock him down to £60k a week plus bonusses which was eventually agreed.
Also is it not more difficult to attract good players to a club which is either always relegated or involved in a relegattion battle every season?.

(1st February 2019 10:19 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think this transfer window has been very interesting. I think the mexican stand-off between Rafa and Mike has been resolved, insofar that Rafa has always insisted that he be backed in the market before he even thinks about signing a new contract.

That's the million dollar question? WHY has he allowed £21m to be spent on ONE player, whether its a barclays loan or not, it is just so out of character and does make you wonder if he's trying to keep Benitez here.

(1st February 2019 10:25 AM)LeeEst85B Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm leaving my opinions on the 2 new signings until I see them with a few games under their belts! The LB couldn't even get a game in the Monaco side fighting relegation and as good as Nissan Almiron looks let's see if he can do it in the Premier League! I keep seeing In Rafa we Trust all over these message boards but he's bought some dross in the 3 years! I can only think of 3 signings that have been any good, Dubravka, Legeune and Ritchie up to now! Schar possibly but need to see a bit more of him

Fernandez, Rondon I'd add to that, but aye, now you come to mention it, he has signed some dross like. Big Grin

i wouldnt worry about the Monaco lad, Henry was in charge and useless, very poor manager,
1st February 2019 11:26 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I'm not worried, he's very quick apparently and a good crosser, if we can have him sprinting down the left as yedlin does down the right we could be onto something.
1st February 2019 11:50 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

also 2 to Steve Bruce a decent coach ,happy to put his arm round a player, could be just what Aarons needs
1st February 2019 12:06 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(1st February 2019 12:06 PM)tino Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.also 2 to Steve Bruce a decent coach ,happy to put his arm round a player, could be just what Aarons needs

what?
1st February 2019 12:23 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Two in...

he said...

also 2 to Steve Bruce a decent coach ,happy to put his arm round a player, could be just what Aarons needs
1st February 2019 12:23 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

the bit in bold you clown Rolleyes
1st February 2019 12:25 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

It only seems decent because it's normally shite.

Doing the bare minimum to try and keep Rafa happy for a bit longer.
1st February 2019 12:59 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

aye he would have gladly shipped another two out, hayden and joselu, but we're stuck with them now Rolleyes
1st February 2019 01:44 PM
LeeEst85B Offline

Youth Team

(1st February 2019 11:02 AM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Schar looks the part to me in defence or as holding midfielder.

But yes he's bought some crap like Sels and that fat bloke who went to Blackburn, whose name escapes me.

But so did KK and SBR. Mike Hooper and Hugo Viana spring to mind.

Yeah I guess your right, difference is KK and SBR had the money to make mistakes and they didn't make as many. I reckon the LB is just going to be another Lazaar. Hope I'm wrong but we'll soon see. How Joselu was ever on Real Madrids books I'll never know he's a waste of a pair of football boots!
1st February 2019 01:57 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

I'm sure Joselu is the one Benitez has to be most embarrassed about, yes it was late in the transfer window he was under pressure to find a cheapish striker, but to sign Joselu who even Mark Hughes thought was garbage, fuck sake man.
1st February 2019 02:12 PM
LeeEst85B Offline

Youth Team

I'd rather we'd kept Daryl Murphy for a couple seasons then signed Joselu!
1st February 2019 03:58 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

yep, should have kept him, at least he had some physicality about him as well as scoring some important goals for us
1st February 2019 04:07 PM