NUFC v Tottenham (Match Thread)

WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: NUFC v Tottenham (Match Thread)

(3rd February 2019 09:27 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(3rd February 2019 09:02 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.what's mccreery on about anyway.....we DID allow them to play football and DIDN'T deal with the consequences, we allowed them total possession and tried to contain them in the final third and eventually despite some frantic defending they got the breakthrough

Aye - that's the point I was making

Our coming from behind record is woeful so setting us up defensively has rarely worked other than to keep the score down

Second half against City we started getting more players forward and reaped the rewards

Yesterday going forward we made them look vulnerable but didn't do it often enough to break them down

My point is - we can and do attack well at times but Rafa has us set up so defensively (even against lesser opposition) that we limit our own chances of scoring

right ok....so what part do you agree with TAB about then?

I would say their 72% possession and 21 shots is pretty conclusive that they were by far the better side....is it not?
3rd February 2019 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

Well there's no doubt they are a better side but Benitez defensive setup always has us conceding possession
3rd February 2019 10:43 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

agreed.

so you actually DISAGREE with TAB then. Confused
3rd February 2019 10:49 AM
McCreery Online

Fan Favourite

No - I don't think we were overawed

We defended well - as usual

If it hadn't been for Dubravka error we could have had a very good away point

I went on to make the point that Rafas overly defensive setup rarely sees us get anything from the game - I think before the Man City game we had lost after going behind in the previous 13 games

When we attack we look like we can cause problems - I just wish he would find a better balance
3rd February 2019 10:59 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

we did have to defend like trojans to keep them out though, and when you think of mouras absolute sitter and lamelas header off the bar, schars clearance off the line...there's possibly 4-0, and there was more, when we are being battered like that the defence desperateky needs a rest or eventually it will crack, and that's what happened in the end, hopefully Almiron can be the player who can pick the ball up in his own half and keep hold of it for more than two seconds just to give the defence a breather in games like that.

Also i've watched the goal on MOTD, dubravka had his hands on the deck ready to save it and then pulled them away and let it go in, he must have been on betfair and lumped on a 1-0. Rolleyes
3rd February 2019 11:25 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

I tend to agree to a certain extent when we attacked Spurs yesterday we looked quite good. I think we should definitely attack more against sides who are of a similarr standard to ourselves in other words any team bar the top 6.
3rd February 2019 01:54 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

see that knacka garth crooks bin bumping his gums again saying dubravka should hang his head in shame....he'll get a boot in the face one of these days that cunt. Rolleyes
4th February 2019 01:53 PM