Thread Closed 
Ashley to get back in favour
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Disagree on the Porto job like.

He won the UEFA cup one year, followed by the CL the next - he must be one of a very small group of managers to do that in a 2 year period.

Chelsea hadn't won league since 50's and had struggled to under Vialli and Ranieri, yet Jose walks in and makes them invincible at home and very hard to beat away and wins back to back titles, no mean feat.

At Inter he looks like winning back to back titles again no mean feat.

I think he is top class, can motivate lazy arse millionaires to put it in week in week out and his arrogance and self belief are a style I like in a manager.
1st April 2010 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Failing that i would go for Avram Grant.
1st April 2010 04:50 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

we must be the only fans in the fuckin country that on the verge of getting promoted are talking about replacing the manager that has just got us there

I understand that some want the best man for the job but we couldn't attract the calibre of Mourinho when we were playing in Europe for fucks sake

Bobby Robson is the only bloke since Keegan that has been given time and look what he achieved

we go chasing the impossible dream all the time and end up as friggin laughing stocks.......Hughton can have all the time he needs for me and quite frankly a couldn't give a shite if we get relegated again next season just so long as we have given it a go
1st April 2010 05:04 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular

how can you not give a shite if we get relegated again? Are yee a mackem
1st April 2010 05:06 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

aye.........aye I'm a mackem
1st April 2010 05:07 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular

thought so

nah seriously, how can you not be bothered if we are relgated again, or was it tongue in cheek
1st April 2010 05:11 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:a couldn't give a shite if we get relegated again next season just so long as we have given it a go

I think you will find this is what Mac is on about m8
1st April 2010 05:13 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

am I still allowed to post on here amongst all you true Newcastle fans now the truth is out?
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

cheers rotti mate
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:am I still allowed to post on here amongst all you true Newcastle fans now the truth is out?

Nobody takes any notice of yee anyways hehe. Big Grin
1st April 2010 05:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
tino Offline

First Team Regular

i want JFK back just to liven up the press conferences
1st April 2010 05:20 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

LeazesLoyal Wrote:I'm confused - so if we could amazingly pursuade Mourinho to join us are you all saying you would say no thanks and stick with Hughton?

I now it is fanciful and unlikely, but if it could happen I fail to understand why anyone would want to stick with Hughton over a proven top class multiple title winning manager.

No!! Definitely not mate.

But the chances of that are, well, zero.
1st April 2010 05:28 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:how do you know? how does anyone know? you would only find out if he was given the chance.

Sorry like, but nobody in the world is capable of taking a newly promoted side into a challenge for fourth place, unless they're given massive amounts of money, and even then they'd have a lot to do, the PL has changed a lot since KK's first time in charge.
1st April 2010 05:31 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Jinkyjim Wrote:Keegan didn't fail, the fans failed him..! ! !

How did the fans fail him? Confused

And I didn't mean he failed his job - he was right to walk - I was saying he failed to get the cash off Ashley.
1st April 2010 05:33 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular

richyNUFC Wrote:How did the fans fail him? Confused

And I didn't mean he failed his job - he was right to walk - I was saying he failed to get the cash off Ashley.

no shit
1st April 2010 05:35 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:no shit

Aye well, makes that statement he made look a bit pointless, not only does it show a lack of ambition but also failing to negotiate with the owner. Class. Rolleyes
1st April 2010 05:40 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

richyNUFC Wrote:How did the fans fail him? Confused

He was fucking Sacked and the fans stood and watched....
1st April 2010 05:42 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular

richyNUFC Wrote:Aye well, makes that statement he made look a bit pointless, not only does it show a lack of ambition but also failing to negotiate with the owner. Class. Rolleyes

tbh i dont really know what you are on about
1st April 2010 05:44 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

There were protests, Ashley put the club up for sale, a lot of fans chose to boycott but most didn't but because they'd already paid for their ticket and wanted their money's worth, banners in the ground, our hatred for Ashley was made known to everybody, what more could we do????
1st April 2010 05:48 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:tbh i dont really know what you are on about

Well it was from an earlier conversation with somebody else when you interrupted with the line "He didn't give up, he was shat on" and completely missed the whole point.
1st April 2010 05:49 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular

ok
1st April 2010 05:49 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Newcastle v Hull. Attendance 50242 ...

Some fucking boycott...
1st April 2010 05:53 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Jinkyjim Wrote:Newcastle v Hull. Attendance 50242 ...

Some fucking boycott...

Aye the protests were done in and around the ground though.

Seriously, he'd already made most of his money on season ticket sales, a boycott wouldn't have hurt him, the main thing was to make it known that we want him out - and that was done. Didn't work, but there was nowt else that could be done.
1st April 2010 05:57 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

McCreery Wrote:we must be the only fans in the fuckin country that on the verge of getting promoted are talking about replacing the manager that has just got us there

I understand that some want the best man for the job but we couldn't attract the calibre of Mourinho when we were playing in Europe for fucks sake

Bobby Robson is the only bloke since Keegan that has been given time and look what he achieved

we go chasing the impossible dream all the time and end up as friggin laughing stocks.......Hughton can have all the time he needs for me and quite frankly a couldn't give a shite if we get relegated again next season just so long as we have given it a go

Sounds like you're battle scarred and brow beaten, after years of turmoil and stress supporting NUFC.

You yearn for a club that just silently and smoothly makes its way through football life not bothering the the big clubs, just keeping itself to its itself.

I can understand that, but before i die(it almost happened in 2003), i want to see my club lift a trophy.

I want that memory burnt into my brain, and tattooed on my body.
1st April 2010 06:57 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Silent Bob Wrote:Nobody takes any notice of yee anyways hehe. Big Grin

Big Grin
1st April 2010 06:57 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Chris_NUFC Wrote:Sounds like you're battle scarred and brow beaten, after years of turmoil and stress supporting NUFC.

You yearn for a club that just silently and smoothly makes its way through football life not bothering the the big clubs, just keeping itself to its itself.

I can understand that, but before i die(it almost happened in 2003), i want to see my club lift a trophy.

You almost died! Blimey!
1st April 2010 07:03 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:You almost died! Blimey!

Worst week of my life Lip, had an operation at RVI to remove a cancerous growth, and we got beat off P belgrade in the Champions League Qualifiers.

Guess what caused the worst pain to me. Wink

Thats why i am impatient, you never know whats around the corner.
1st April 2010 07:14 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Chris_NUFC Wrote:Worst week of my life Lip, had an operation at RVI to remove a cancerous growth, and we got beat off P belgrade in the Champions League Qualifiers.

Guess what caused the worst pain to me. Wink

Thats why i am impatient, you never know whats around the corner.

Yup yup yup.

"This is not a dress rehearsal". Me fatha keeps saying that. First time he said it I thought he was putting a show on in the garage or something. Big Grin

I agree with you by the way. As some may have noticed I have been very unlike myself this season and tried to remain optimistic and upbeat about NUFC due to there only being one aim this season.

Once we are up however, the gloves are off and I will not settle until we are a top 4 side again with top players and manager - and ultimately win some silverware. The sooner the fuckin better!

I sincerely hope Hughton confounds the doubters, me being one of them. But I ask one question of those who think we should stick with him at the end of the season - can you see him taking us into the top 6 within the next few seasons?

If the answer to that question is "no", then I see no point hanging about and Ashley needs to appoint someone who looks a better bet.
1st April 2010 07:30 PM
jordy3769 Offline

Youth Team

chris_nufc Wrote:sounds like you're battle scarred and brow beaten, after years of turmoil and stress supporting nufc.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
1st April 2010 07:30 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Yup yup yup.

"This is not a dress rehearsal". Me fatha keeps saying that. First time he said it I thought he was putting a show on in the garage or something. Big Grin

I agree with you by the way. As some may have noticed I have been very unlike myself this season and tried to remain optimistic and upbeat about NUFC due to there only being one aim this season.

Once we are up however, the gloves are off and I will not settle until we are a top 4 side again with top players and manager - and ultimately win some silverware. The sooner the fuckin better!

I sincerely hope Hughton confounds the doubters, me being one of them. But I ask one question of those who think we should stick with him at the end of the season - can you see him taking us into the top 6 within the next few seasons?

If the answer to that question is "no", then I see no point hanging about and Ashley needs to appoint someone who looks a better bet.

Under Ashley, I see no manager in the world taking us anywhere near the top 6 in the next few seasons.

Ashley is the problem, not Hughton.

I think if Hughton was given enough cash to spend, then there's no reason why he can't do a job in the PL.

I do think that even without the funding he'll be able to keep us steadily improving but it'll take a while before we're up to the level of the top 6.
1st April 2010 07:35 PM
Thread Closed