Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
NUFC fans 'interview' with Charnley

Newcastle fan:

“Hi Lee”

Lee Charnley:

“Hi”

Newcastle fan:

“I’m a confused supporter of Newcastle United.

“I was just wondering if you could confirm if any payments have been made by Sports Direct for advertising in the club?”

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“Lee, I’m a supporter who is considering whether to renew my season ticket, I ave had a season ticket for 31 years.

“I was just wondering, does Mike Ashley pay anything for advertising at Newcastle United?”

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“I’m asking on behalf of about 40,000 season ticket holders like myself, Lee.”

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“I’m not going to cause you no problems, I would just like you to answer the question if you could.”

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“Does Mike Ashley pay anything for advertising within the club.”

Lee Charnley

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“No offence to you but are you just another shill (stooge), similar to Joe Kinnear.

“There to take the blame, for what he (Mike Ashley) is doing at the club?”

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“Because to be honest, your published salary (£150,000) suggests that is the case.”

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“You are paid less than the Gillinham…CEO/MD, whatever you want to call him, (as well as) the Walsall one.

“I think that’s the truth, isn’t it Lee?

“You don’t actually run the club, you are there to take the blame aren’t you?

Lee Charnley:

SILENCE

Newcastle fan:

“Have a good night.”

Lee Charnley

SILENCE

Check out the video of the exchange (if you can call it that)

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(This post was last modified: 8th February 2019 12:53 PM by Tight_Ass_Bramble.)
8th February 2019 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: NUFC fans 'interview' with Charnley

Can't blame him for not responding there, don't think i would either, but it's hassle he doesn't want, job done.

Ashley next please.
8th February 2019 01:51 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

He won't need to worry about whether or not to renew after that interview!
8th February 2019 02:05 PM

Chairman

Why ?

He wasn't abusive. He wasn't insulting. He didn't swear. He just posed some questions to LC.

If anything, Charnley was being fucking rude by simply ignoring him.
8th February 2019 02:11 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

He was walking like he had a turtle head, so might have had other things on his mind
8th February 2019 02:12 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

“I’m a confused supporter of Newcastle United.

“I was just wondering if you could confirm if any payments have been made by Sports Direct for advertising in the club?”

Penfold: "Oh dont be so fucking ridiculous, the whole reason Mike wanted to buy a premiership club was to plug his sports shops to a global audience every week thanks to skysports and not have to pay a penny for it....now piss off!"
8th February 2019 02:31 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

(8th February 2019 02:11 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why ?

He wasn't abusive. He wasn't insulting. He didn't swear. He just posed some questions to LC.

Because it's the only thing he's allowed to do!
8th February 2019 03:52 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(8th February 2019 02:11 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why ?

Nah, if someone starts following you with a camera asking questions, you don't need to say owt.
8th February 2019 05:06 PM

Chairman

I know that. But the point that toonraider made was that the lads season ticket would be taken away from him for that.
8th February 2019 05:45 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Oh right, agreed.
8th February 2019 05:47 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I'm fucking delighted with this, Charnley is a fuckin useless, grasping Cunt of a person....fuck him.
8th February 2019 05:56 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Splendid stuff - it would be great if it shamed journalists into asking similar questions
8th February 2019 06:20 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Well done that lad.
8th February 2019 07:25 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

Sleep with dogs you get fleas, that fat odious Bastard gets all he deserves, he's fucked off the fans forum when it got tricky for him, I hope he gets crabs.
8th February 2019 08:13 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

I didn't get to see the video as the tweet that presumably contains it appears to have been removed. However I can say that if someone approached me unsolicited and started asking questions about any business that I was involved with I wouldn't answer any questions either, especially if said person had a recording device. It's usually in contracts of employment and non disclosure agreements.

Aren't you an owner or a director of a business LL? If so doesn't your business have a policy for press and/or enquiries? (You don't have to answer this if you're not authorised to.)
8th February 2019 08:42 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

It was a well done that lad for applying some pressure on the odious cunt.

You are correct that proper channels would have to be followed to get an actual interview and no doubt they’d want to know what questions will be asked first.

However, keeping pressure on them in any way like this is fair enough.

They are running an institution in Newcastle that quite rightly the public cares about and wishes to scrutinise.

Our business is of no public interest and we wouldn’t attract that sort of attention as a result.

If you are in the public eye you should expect uncomfortable questions, if you are not handling things the way the public demands.

No wonder Ashley wants to get SD back fully under his control and stop these pesky public share holder meetings.
(This post was last modified: 8th February 2019 09:26 PM by LeazesLoyal.)
8th February 2019 09:25 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(8th February 2019 08:42 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I didn't get to see the video as the tweet that presumably contains it appears to have been removed. However I can say that if someone approached me unsolicited and started asking questions about any business that I was involved with I wouldn't answer any questions either, especially if said person had a recording device. It's usually in contracts of employment and non disclosure agreements.

Aren't you an owner or a director of a business LL? If so doesn't your business have a policy for press and/or enquiries? (You don't have to answer this if you're not authorised to.)

Bollocks, the slippery, useless Cunt of a stooge is the MD , maybe by title only, that's his choice. He could have used the Fans Forum to be a voice, but he's a weasel.... get the Bastard.
8th February 2019 10:21 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(8th February 2019 08:42 PM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I didn't get to see the video as the tweet that presumably contains it appears to have been removed. However I can say that if someone approached me unsolicited and started asking questions about any business that I was involved with I wouldn't answer any questions either, especially if said person had a recording device. It's usually in contracts of employment and non disclosure agreements.

...and this post will self destruct in five seconds Confused
8th February 2019 11:19 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

He's just done a speech where the club has announced all the charitable stuff it is doing for the area not long after sorting out a club record fee for a player and gets harassed for SD not paying the club for advertising which is not in his control is a bit off. He already said SD has started to pay for advertising not long ago. The club has a decent squad now we should be cautiously optimistic, non?
9th February 2019 11:29 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(8th February 2019 09:25 PM)LeazesLoyal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It was a well done that lad for applying some pressure on the odious cunt.

You are correct that proper channels would have to be followed to get an actual interview and no doubt they’d want to know what questions will be asked first.

However, keeping pressure on them in any way like this is fair enough.

They are running an institution in Newcastle that quite rightly the public cares about and wishes to scrutinise.

Our business is of no public interest and we wouldn’t attract that sort of attention as a result.

If you are in the public eye you should expect uncomfortable questions, if you are not handling things the way the public demands.

No wonder Ashley wants to get SD back fully under his control and stop these pesky public share holder meetings.

Oh aye from a harassment point of view it's spot on Big Grin

Being outraged about him being silent is daft though.
9th February 2019 11:38 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(9th February 2019 11:29 AM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He's just done a speech where the club has announced all the charitable stuff it is doing for the area not long after sorting out a club record fee for a player and gets harassed for SD not paying the club for advertising which is not in his control is a bit off. He already said SD has started to pay for advertising not long ago. The club has a decent squad now we should be cautiously optimistic, non?

Non
9th February 2019 12:40 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(9th February 2019 11:29 AM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He's just done a speech where the club has announced all the charitable stuff it is doing for the area not long after sorting out a club record fee for a player and gets harassed for SD not paying the club for advertising which is not in his control is a bit off. He already said SD has started to pay for advertising not long ago. The club has a decent squad now we should be cautiously optimistic, non?

Ahhh... Cautious optomism

Ashley's lifeblood
9th February 2019 02:17 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

Ashley apologist alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th February 2019 08:05 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Certainly an odd post like.
9th February 2019 08:08 PM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

Obvious windup, stop giving it attention an d it will fuck off
10th February 2019 02:03 AM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

September 2018 Forum's meeting notes "There is now an agreement in place whereby Sports Direct pays for all advertising in the stadium."

Which part of this is difficult to understand?

Therefore the question had already answered. Calling someone a Shill and ridiculing someone's salary in public isn't very friendly. If he'd said that to me he'd be on his way to hospital soon after.

Ashley has made some terrible decisions (Llambias, Wise, Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren, Carver). He has spent money though, it's just been wasted (Mitrovic, Thauvin, de Jongs, Riviere, Murphy, Joselu, Muto?/ (jury still out) few others).

But getting rid of these, bringing in Benitez and getting Rondon, Schar, Fernandez, Ki and Almiron in this season are good moves which will benefit the club. Hopefully Benitez will stay and we can improve the squad further when we should be in a better position in the market (more attractive to better players) in the summer.

Funding the club to get back in the Premiership and not ending up on Netflix is always worth a mention Smile
(This post was last modified: 10th February 2019 10:10 PM by t00nraider.)
10th February 2019 10:06 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I feel bilious.
11th February 2019 06:33 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

The money wasted on Mitrovic, Thauvin, de Jongs, Riviere, Murphy, Joselu is whta happens when you only allow the manager to shop in the reduced to clear line.

Spend money to get us back up? Not sure about that seeing as the club sold Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Townsend for close £70m
11th February 2019 08:06 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(10th February 2019 10:06 PM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.September 2018 Forum's meeting notes "There is now an agreement in place whereby Sports Direct pays for all advertising in the stadium."

Which part of this is difficult to understand?

Therefore the question had already answered. Calling someone a Shill and ridiculing someone's salary in public isn't very friendly. If he'd said that to me he'd be on his way to hospital soon after.

Ashley has made some terrible decisions (Llambias, Wise, Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren, Carver). He has spent money though, it's just been wasted (Mitrovic, Thauvin, de Jongs, Riviere, Murphy, Joselu, Muto?/ (jury still out) few others).

But getting rid of these, bringing in Benitez and getting Rondon, Schar, Fernandez, Ki and Almiron in this season are good moves which will benefit the club. Hopefully Benitez will stay and we can improve the squad further when we should be in a better position in the market (more attractive to better players) in the summer.

Funding the club to get back in the Premiership and not ending up on Netflix is always worth a mention Smile

as many holes in that as a lesbian orgy

(This post was last modified: 11th February 2019 10:15 AM by McCreery.)
11th February 2019 08:57 AM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

Big Grin
11th February 2019 09:32 AM