Rafa states what is needed to keep him as manager

t00nraider Offline

Youth Team
RE: Rafa states what is needed to keep him as manager

He hasn't given Rafa the money because it was previously pished away by McClaren. This summer there should be a few more quid to spend due to tv money from last 2 seasons. Money slowly coming back into the accoun to spend again. £70mil that season was a decent amount and one of the top club spends. Rafa has wasted a few quid on the likes of Muto though.
15th April 2019 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Bandit Offline

Youth Team

Pished away by McClaren?

Made a £10m profit on Wijnaldum, now a guaranteed starter for a team that may win the EPL and CL double, probably worth £80m in current market.

Mitrovic, £10m profit.

Townsend - made a small profit.

Mbemba - made a small loss.

Thauvin - smallish loss, but has scored 35 in 63 for Marseille and now valued at circa £60m.

Shelvey- still with us

He bought excellent players, didn't know how to handle them, and I suspect, they didn't respect him.
16th April 2019 01:03 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(15th April 2019 08:12 AM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think Rafa is doing a great job despite Ashley, not for him.

It's a tricky one this Tab..

I think you're right in one sense but then Benitez was happy to sign a contract that made it difficult for him to get out of if Ashley took the piss - Ashley has took the piss and Rafa went along with it. He has made life very easy for Ashley over the past 3 seasons

Then there was the letter last Summer that he and Lascelles put their names to - again taking all the flack away from Ashley for yet another transfer window ending in profit

He really is the perfect manager for Ashley and only now is he making it difficult for the fat fucker - he is now seeking the assurances he should have nailed down 3 seasons ago. Any other owner would see the potential but Ashley seems hesitant yet again to do anything that will progress the club if it costs him money

So I see Benitez as the perfect employee and has done a remarkable job FOR ASHLEY despite being tret like shite
16th April 2019 07:57 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I don't think he was happy with the contract as he sacked his solicitors and agent.
16th April 2019 08:07 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

He seems to make a habit of signing things he doesn't necessarily agree with then
16th April 2019 08:14 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(14th April 2019 05:13 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.TA I think you're generally a canny lad but you're being a bit out of order here slating someone for having a different opinion to yours. And that's what it is, opinion, not fact. You perceive us as having the poorest squad in the league and the only reason we're where we are is because of Benitez. You could well be right but on the other hand we could well be where we are because of Benitez not having faith in the players he has. You seem to place the man above any criticism at all.

We all know where the problems really lie though. Mac is right in saying that a better class of manager than 'The Alan' doesn't inspire the owner to invest more. In fact it seems to be the opposite, a better manager can work wonders with lesser players. I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa's salary demands are seen at boardroom level as a factor towards limiting player salaries.

In my opinion he was talking rubbish, i am allowed to say it, i wasn't name calling.

TAB called me a sanctimonious little ball bag a while back, i didn't see you have a go at him Tongue
16th April 2019 10:13 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

What is this world without differing opinions. I didn’t take your comments personally as I said what you think about my thoughts on issues doesn’t bother me. We seem to agree on most things related to NUFC which is nice but I am sure there could be other areas that we may agree to disagree regarding the club and life in general,who knows time will tell.
16th April 2019 05:52 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(16th April 2019 10:13 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(14th April 2019 05:13 AM)lipsquid Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.TA I think you're generally a canny lad but you're being a bit out of order here slating someone for having a different opinion to yours. And that's what it is, opinion, not fact. You perceive us as having the poorest squad in the league and the only reason we're where we are is because of Benitez. You could well be right but on the other hand we could well be where we are because of Benitez not having faith in the players he has. You seem to place the man above any criticism at all.

We all know where the problems really lie though. Mac is right in saying that a better class of manager than 'The Alan' doesn't inspire the owner to invest more. In fact it seems to be the opposite, a better manager can work wonders with lesser players. I wouldn't be surprised if Rafa's salary demands are seen at boardroom level as a factor towards limiting player salaries.

In my opinion he was talking rubbish, i am allowed to say it, i wasn't name calling.

TAB called me a sanctimonious little ball bag a while back, i didn't see you have a go at him Tongue

That's quite amusing and creative though.
16th April 2019 06:27 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

(16th April 2019 01:03 AM)The Bandit Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Pished away by McClaren?

Made a £10m profit on Wijnaldum, now a guaranteed starter for a team that may win the EPL and CL double, probably worth £80m in current market.

Mitrovic, £10m profit.

Townsend - made a small profit.

Mbemba - made a small loss.

Thauvin - smallish loss, but has scored 35 in 63 for Marseille and now valued at circa £60m.

Shelvey- still with us

He bought excellent players, didn't know how to handle them, and I suspect, they didn't respect him.
Pished away because we ended up relegated after being given a big budget and it put the club back even further. Relegation cost us more than profit on future transfer sales.
18th April 2019 01:15 PM