Almiron / Rondon / Perez

Almiron / Rondon / Perez

liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Almiron / Rondon / Perez

This is getting interesting, my money’s on the big lad.
22nd April 2019 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

(22nd April 2019 12:25 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Like what?

Dribbling, pace, shooting, general attacking threat.
22nd April 2019 01:03 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Almiron / Rondon / Perez

That's what you expect from attackers - he's working hard at the minute without much final result

No goals and no assists despite causing defenders to shit themselves according to you - there has to be an end product but I don't blame himnfor that entirely
22nd April 2019 01:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

His shot that Perez scored from the rebound v Everton was basically an assist, but anyway.
22nd April 2019 01:31 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(22nd April 2019 10:01 AM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It's not senseless at all. He has been rubbish. I agree his running opens up the opposition defence and creates chances for our other strikers. But surely you'd expect more for £20mil. You could've got Usain Bolt at a fraction of the transfer fee if that's all you want.

Did he get a standing ovation for some quality passing, tackling or goals? No he did not. It was because he runs around a lot. Fans are happy with effort which is fair but if you take your rose tinted glasses off and you may understand why I have been critical.

Suggesting that Usain bolt is just as good a footballer as almiron is also senseless, keep going lad, you're on a roll

(22nd April 2019 01:31 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.His shot that Perez scored from the rebound v Everton was basically an assist, but anyway.

Definitely an assist
(This post was last modified: 22nd April 2019 07:48 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
22nd April 2019 07:47 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

It speaks volumes you resort to try to insult rather than put up counter points. His pace is all he really has so far and while it's helped the team massively he has been utter cack at keeping the ball and trying to score. Tell me instances where his passing has been above woeful and I will tell you ten where he's lost the team possession of the ball.
23rd April 2019 07:44 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Almiron / Rondon / Perez

You might want to check out the actual stats before you make claims like that...

*waits for 2300 instances where Miggy has lost possession of the ball*

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
23rd April 2019 08:52 AM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

There's a lot of dissapointing statistics on that page, more than I thought. But at least we don't need to worry about him being linked to a bigger club in the summer.
23rd April 2019 01:18 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(23rd April 2019 07:44 AM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It speaks volumes you resort to try to insult rather than put up counter points. His pace is all he really has so far and while it's helped the team massively he has been utter cack at keeping the ball and trying to score. Tell me instances where his passing has been above woeful and I will tell you ten where he's lost the team possession of the ball.

he's rubbish, he's cack.......and yet he has helped the team massively? make you're mind up Rolleyes

Benitez felt that atsu, kenedy and murphy were not running at defenders enough and causing havoc, unsettling them, getting in behind, opening defences up....almiron has done that very well which is why he receives a standing ovation everytime he is subbed.

Yes i know that you would have preferred Usain Bolt, but that's because you're a bit mental.
23rd April 2019 06:04 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

He can still help the team being cack. Like I said earlier the only quality he has shown is that he can run fast. He hasn't made a memorable pass and is yet to score a goal or assist. Yes he causes havoc but I'm on about quality footballing skill with the football which he is yet to show.

Keeping the likes of Kenedy or Atsu out the team is hardly valid. They have been utter cack this season.
(This post was last modified: 23rd April 2019 07:19 PM by t00nraider.)
23rd April 2019 07:17 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Almiron / Rondon / Perez

Totally disagree, his pace and runs are pulling defenders all over the place making space for others.

He's going to need some time to adapt properly - he's come from a pretty piss poor league, so he's going to need a bit of time.

But he's far from another Maric or Andersson who were cack and did nothing for the team.
23rd April 2019 08:16 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Almiron / Rondon / Perez

Far too early to be labelling him cack (am not sure I have ever seen that term used so many times).

If he is still deemed cack at Christmas time then maybe its worth a debate, as things stand he has clearly given more to the team than other runners such as Atsu and Murphy. He has no direct assist but you can argue he has opened things up for Perez in particular, he covers a lot of ground and keeps the opposition thinking twice about committing forward.

Why does he need to be either great or cack after such a short time?
24th April 2019 08:35 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

i think he will be an excellent addition to the squad

hes a team player, certainly not lazy , is desperate to do well and is just learning the system etc
24th April 2019 01:18 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

Because we are discussing how he's been so far after ten games. In terms of averall usefullness to the team he has a lot of value and I'm more than happy to give him plenty of time to show footballing skill which I think he does have to a degree (very much doubt world class level). Even if he doesn't and just does his running about, it still gets us results to keep us up which is our current objective as this summer's wheeling and dealing will be quite unpredictable.
25th April 2019 01:24 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

He has shown a lot of enthusiasm and is very quick. Sometimes he needs to get his head up and look at the bigger picture. To say he’s been cack is harsh in my opinion he certainly creates space for others on the pitch. Be interesting to see how we play on Saturday without him probably cack only joking.
(This post was last modified: 25th April 2019 02:37 PM by Surreymag.)
25th April 2019 02:36 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

Rondon officially player of the season.
9th May 2019 12:42 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

The irony being we won't even sign him.

Thanks Mike.
9th May 2019 01:36 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

We signed Ki and he was the same age as Rondon. It likely depends on if West Brom get promotion also if a bigger club comes in for him or not. I'm more confident we can get a top striker this summer than in a long time but will be crossing fingers and probably on the last day of the transfer window!
9th May 2019 01:52 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Ermm..ki was signed on a free..mike will have to part with 16 mil for rondon.
9th May 2019 02:09 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Probably cost more now after the decent season he has had.
9th May 2019 03:00 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Is it not a release clause?
9th May 2019 04:11 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(9th May 2019 04:11 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Is it not a release clause?

Ask 'arry.
9th May 2019 06:44 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
Almiron / Rondon / Perez

You can see it now West Ham will put in a bid for Rondon..
15th May 2019 09:09 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

It’s ok, we can have Carroll back on a free.....
15th May 2019 07:02 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

there seems to be plenty of takers for the big fella if we show him the door, wolves neverton wet spam waiting in the wings apparently......it's a big decision (in a town called malice.)
Yesterday 07:23 AM