NUFC v Burnley - Match Thread

WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: NUFC v Burnley - Match Thread

(28th February 2019 06:52 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(28th February 2019 06:29 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nah - I just say it as I see it....

We are currently playing some canny football - a world apart from the shite we were turning out first part of the season and it started long before Almiron signed

Not one of yous fuckers singing Rafas praises could have seen Longstaff & Hayden making it difficult for Shelvey & Diame to get into the side

It's happened completely by accident rather than design but feel free to stick your tongues up Rafas hoop if it makes you feel better about yoursells

Yee tells em...the fuckin fuckers.

If you don't have an opinion (which you never have),...jog on
28th February 2019 07:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(28th February 2019 06:52 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(28th February 2019 06:48 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What the fuck has possession got to do with quality of football?

You're fucking joking!?, Haha what a thicko, how the hell can we have been playing quality football......when we can't get the fucking ball?

You can have 80% possession and still not have a shot on target you fuckin pissflap

You must have hated the win against Man City with only 23% possession

The point I was making was that there was a definite upturn in the quality of the football compared to the start of the season - an upturn that started before Almiron joined

(This post was last modified: 28th February 2019 07:13 PM by McCreery.)
28th February 2019 07:13 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(28th February 2019 07:00 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(28th February 2019 06:52 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(28th February 2019 06:29 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nah - I just say it as I see it....

We are currently playing some canny football - a world apart from the shite we were turning out first part of the season and it started long before Almiron signed

Not one of yous fuckers singing Rafas praises could have seen Longstaff & Hayden making it difficult for Shelvey & Diame to get into the side

It's happened completely by accident rather than design but feel free to stick your tongues up Rafas hoop if it makes you feel better about yoursells

I’ve got an opinion about you, the same as everybody else’s, you’re a fuckin tedious tit, now see to them trolleys.
28th February 2019 07:17 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Did it fuck, it's so obvious to everyone else except you mcreery...

Yes longstaff has been champion, but we have not suddenly become a good attacking side because of him .....almiron has given us that cutting edge in attack, which is why benitez is now more confident to attack teams, he's the player he's needed for a while
(This post was last modified: 28th February 2019 07:22 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
28th February 2019 07:21 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm not denying that Almiron is an important signing - Rafa has clearly been after him for a good while

The point I am making is that I don't see him as the final piece in the jigsaw that suddenly makes everything complete when the whole fuckin jigsaw has changed since the start of the season

Let's just remember that Almiron hasn't scored yet but he has made an impact because he has been played in a different formation - a formation that could easily have been played before now with Kenedy or Atsu in his position
28th February 2019 07:29 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(28th February 2019 07:17 PM)liam1708 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(28th February 2019 07:00 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I’ve got an opinion about you, the same as everybody else’s, you’re a fuckin tedious tit, now see to them trolleys.

I was gonna call you a retard.....but that would kinda be an insult to retards

(28th February 2019 07:29 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm not denying that Almiron is an important signing - Rafa has clearly been after him for a good while

The point I am making is that I don't see him as the final piece in the jigsaw that suddenly makes everything complete when the whole fuckin jigsaw has changed since the start of the season

Let's just remember that Almiron hasn't scored yet but he has made an impact because he has been played in a different formation - a formation that could easily have been played before now with Kenedy or Atsu in his position

It couldn't man....they are both capable of losing possession and having us under the cosh, almiron controls the ball well and retains possession well

.that's what we have been missing, and is why we can now confidently attack teams
(This post was last modified: 28th February 2019 07:38 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
28th February 2019 07:33 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(28th February 2019 05:40 AM)ColoradoMagpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Would fucking LOVE to take 3 from the scousers in the second to last game to knock them off the top of the table....even if that mean city wins the league.

I fear I'd end up in hospital, if not the morgue, due to some laughter related serious injury, if we beat them 4-3 ending their hopes. They'd be crying on the telly.

I agree with Mac - the partnership in the centre of midfield that Longstaff and Hayden have forged is as good as I've seen us have for a long time and it's largely accidental. Longstaff is showing a rare ability to read the game and to make very quick decisions. Hayden's confidence seems to have grown quite a lot but I think Longstaff's intelligence off the ball is helping immensely.

I disagree with Mac on Rondon. I think he's an overall better player than Mitrovic and Tuesday night showed it. He played with strength and maturity. He was marked out of the game yet he did his best to make sure those marking defenders had to work hard. When he's holding up the ball he protects it like a rugby player, adopting a very strong shape. And he's still capable of popping up in the box as a threat on goal despite the attention of two players on him.

At the other end the three at the back seems to be working a treat at the moment. Dubravka took total charge of our 18 yard box on Tuesday though. Given that their game plan was to pepper our area with high balls, him coming and claiming them time and time again must have frustrated the fuck out of them.
(This post was last modified: 28th February 2019 08:21 PM by lipsquid.)
28th February 2019 08:01 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

lipstick dear....no-ones disagreeing with mccreery about the influence longstaff has had on the team, he's been brilliant....but in terms of us adopting a more attacking style of play almiron has been the catalyst for that i think.
28th February 2019 09:55 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

We had a lot more difficult games earlier in the season. Diame, Shelvey and kennedy wee playing horrendeously. We had Joselu as a regular and it would have been easier giving the opponent an extra player than playing with him in the team.
28th February 2019 10:34 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Let’s just make the most of Rafas last ten matches with us, before he moves on to pastures new....
(This post was last modified: 1st March 2019 12:50 AM by Jinkyjim.)
1st March 2019 12:49 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

You know Mac is talking shite when Willo is making more sense than him, we know you can't say a good word about Rafa Mac, we also know you are firmly in the minority both online and on a match day.

Your refusal to say even anything positive about Benitez is just flat out weird, but carry on i guess.
1st March 2019 12:51 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

talking shite ??

You know what TA - I'm happy being in the minority if it means I haven't fallen in love with the 'world class' manager who has facilitated Ashley's piss taking for a further 3 seasons

I could go into great detail about how Mitrovic and Gayle now play for other clubs while Joselu still gets a game for us

I could mention Muto, the 10 mil signing who doesn't get a game or Murphy the 13mil signing who is now farmed out on loan

I have already mentioned our first win of the season against Watford which came as a direct result of enforced substitutions

I've also mentioned the upturn in form directly related to two midfielders who wouldn't have got a game if it weren't for injuries or the Asia cup

We were 10th last season after finishing the season looking a completely different side to the one that started it - yet we started this season with exactly the same dull, containment football that we had seen first half of the previous season - bland, uncreative, tedious defensive football PURELY because that is what the manager chose to employ - tactical strangle holds on games which give Benitez and his followers a little semi on

I could add a whole lot more to the above but I know from past experience that people like you don't actually read what is written - you read bits and draw your own conclusions based on having your head so far up Rafas arse it would take a JCB for you to smell fresh air again

So to finish off this little post - Rafa has facilitated a further 3 years of Ashleys piss taking and is hero worshiped for it - shame on you mate
(This post was last modified: 1st March 2019 05:42 PM by McCreery.)
1st March 2019 08:42 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Can you say one positive thing?
1st March 2019 10:24 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

why - to keep you happy ?
1st March 2019 10:38 AM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

No, i just can't believe you can't see anything positive he has done.
1st March 2019 10:49 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

If I believe that Benitez has made life easy for Ashley to continue to take the piss for the last 3 seasons it would be pretty pointless looking for positives within that

It'd be a bit like trawling through the wreckage of my burnt down house and getting a bit giddy that my Only Fools and Horses DVD had survived

(This post was last modified: 1st March 2019 12:50 PM by McCreery.)
1st March 2019 10:59 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(1st March 2019 08:42 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.talking shite ??

You know what TA - I'm happy being in the minority if it means I haven't fallen in love with the 'world class' manager who has facilitated Ashley's piss taking for a further 3 seasons

I could go into great detail about how Mitrovic and Gayle now play for other clubs while Joselu still gets a game for us

I could mention Muto, the 10 mil signing who doesn't get a game or Murphy the 13mil signing who is now farmed out on loan

I have already mentioned our first win of the season against Watford which came as a direct result of enforced substitutions

I've also mentioned the upturn in form directly related to two midfielders who wouldn't have got a game if it weren't for injuries or the Asia cup

We were 10th last season after finishing the season looking a completely different side to the one that started it - yet we started this season with exactly the same dull, containment football that we had seen first half of the previous season - bland, uncreative, tedious defensive football PURELY because that is what the manager chose to employ - tactical strangle holds on games which give Benitez and his followers a little semi on

I could add a whole lot more to the above but I know from past experience that people like you don't actual read what is written - you read bits and draw your own conclusions based on having your head so far up Rafas arse it would take a JCB for you to smell fresh air again

So to finish off this little post - Rafa has facilitated a further 3 years of Ashleys piss taking and is hero worshiped for it - shame on you mate

Yep I was right all along..you definitely wanted him out...
1st March 2019 02:13 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(1st March 2019 12:51 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.You know Mac is talking shite when Willo is making more sense than him, we know you can't say a good word about Rafa Mac, we also know you are firmly in the minority both online and on a match day.

Your refusal to say even anything positive about Benitez is just flat out weird, but carry on i guess.

hahaaaa....cock off man you sackless little cunt, the majority of our posts are sense, the others are a bit daft................but all of your posts are totally ridiculous as you stubbornly defend Benitez no matter what, it is ok to criticise people who you like, but you're too thick to understand that....never mind eh.?
1st March 2019 03:50 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(1st March 2019 02:13 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st March 2019 08:42 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.talking shite ??

I could add a whole lot more to the above but I know from past experience that people like you don't actually read what is written - you read bits and draw your own conclusions based on having your head so far up Rafas arse it would take a JCB for you to smell fresh air again

Yep I was right all along..you definitely wanted him out...

I had you in mind when I typed that bit
(This post was last modified: 1st March 2019 05:43 PM by McCreery.)
1st March 2019 04:46 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

I knew that and you probably have a point but in my defence I'm not really that bothered mate...
1st March 2019 07:50 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

I can safely say that Rafa Benitez will not set the world alight with his style of football. Having said this he unlike managers before seems to be able to get the best from the players available to him. The last two games have been sound but will it last I am sixty years of age and asked this question many times. I don’t have an answer as an NUFC fan non of us do.Enjoy the ride as much as any of us can!
2nd March 2019 12:16 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

It isn't just about the football at this club though - It's also about how the manager deals with Ashley

Pardew in particular was expected to stand up to Ashley, he was expected to 'bang on Ashley's door' and demand established PL players. - he was expected to walk after failing to do so

I'm convinced that In Rafa WeTrust came about because the fans thought the days of having a puppet in the dugout were over - they thought they finally had a man that would say it how it is and would walk away if Ashley took the piss - I know that I certainly thought those things

What we've seen though is Benitez presiding over the worst transfer dealings in Ashley's tenure - profits in every window - in some cases selling players and replacing them with worse. Given Ashley's history would yous not have sought cast iron assurances when selling Mitrovic - would yous not have said to Charnley that Mitrovic can go to Fulham for 20mil but only if I am guaranteed to have that money in the same window?

He's presided over a fucking shambles for the past 3 seasons with barely a murmour - bleating on to the media with veiled threats he obviously had no intention of carrying out. Admitting along the way that he barely had any face to face dealings with Ashley but had a good working relationship with Charnley

It seems there were a lot of extremely vocal fans who were prepared to hound Pardew out who now just want to enjoy the genius of Benitez - the hypocrisy boils my fuckin piss. Benitez has allowed Ashley to take the piss to the extreme and is regarded as some kind of miracle worker on the back of it

Fans have sat and watched Newcastle park the bus - put on heroic defensive displays until conceding - then watch the same players give the opposition a game trying to claw it back - teams sent out to keep the game at nil-nil and he's heiled from the rooftops for his tactical genius

Benitez has had a free ride here - while previous managers have had certain expectations on them off the pitch, Benitez has had none. Even to the point that he was defended in certain quarters for shamefully putting his name to the worst bit of club propaganda I've ever seen last Summer

Benitez could and should have been the man to exert real pressure on Ashley but he has failed miserably - the only glimour of hope is that a section of the fans might finally do it for him in his absence
2nd March 2019 08:20 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(2nd March 2019 08:20 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It isn't just about the football at this club though - It's also about how the manager deals with Ashley

Pardew in particular was expected to stand up to Ashley, he was expected to 'bang on Ashley's door' and demand established PL players. - he was expected to walk after failing to do so

I'm convinced that In Rafa WeTrust came about because the fans thought the days of having a puppet in the dugout were over - they thought they finally had a man that would say it how it is and would walk away if Ashley took the piss - I know that I certainly thought those things

What we've seen though is Benitez presiding over the worst transfer dealings in Ashley's tenure - profits in every window - in some cases selling players and replacing them with worse. Given Ashley's history would yous not have sought cast iron assurances when selling Mitrovic - would yous not have said to Charnley that Mitrovic can go to Fulham for 20mil but only if I am guaranteed to have that money in the same window?

He's presided over a fucking shambles for the past 3 seasons with barely a murmour - bleating on to the media with veiled threats he obviously had no intention of carrying out. Admitting along the way that he barely had any face to face dealings with Ashley but had a good working relationship with Charnley

It seems there were a lot of extremely vocal fans who were prepared to hound Pardew out who now just want to enjoy the genius of Benitez - the hypocrisy boils my fuckin piss. Benitez has allowed Ashley to take the piss to the extreme and is regarded as some kind of miracle worker on the back of it

Fans have sat and watched Newcastle park the bus - put on heroic defensive displays until conceding - then watch the same players give the opposition a game trying to claw it back - teams sent out to keep the game at nil-nil and he's heiled from the rooftops for his tactical genius

Benitez has had a free ride here - while previous managers have had certain expectations on them off the pitch, Benitez has had none. Even to the point that he was defended in certain quarters for shamefully putting his name to the worst bit of club propaganda I've ever seen last Summer

Benitez could and should have been the man to exert real pressure on Ashley but he has failed miserably - the only glimour of hope is that a section of the fans might finally do it for him in his absence
zzzzzzzzz..oi mate you're boring!!!!!!!!!
2nd March 2019 11:23 AM
davenufc Offline

Reserve Team

I think Mac is spot on in everything he said there
2nd March 2019 11:41 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(2nd March 2019 11:41 AM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think Mac is spot on in everything he said there

Benitez has had a free ride because if any of the other' managers mac talks about had been running the show we'd have been in a far far worse state than we are now......
2nd March 2019 12:20 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

(2nd March 2019 12:20 PM)carters Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(2nd March 2019 11:41 AM)davenufc Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I think Mac is spot on in everything he said there

Benitez has had a free ride because if any of the other' managers mac talks about had been running the show we'd have been in a far far worse state than we are now......

Didn't Pardew come 5th, and win manager of the year award..???
2nd March 2019 12:24 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Fuck me man Carters - do you always need help in joining the dots?

Ashley has seized on the opportunity to save money - he sees Benitez as the man who will keep us up on the tightest of budgets

Benitez will have surpassed Ashley's expectations with last seasons 10th place finish but as a club are we any closer to building season on season or are we any closer to winning a cup?

Are we fuck - we are just in a safer pair of hands while making Ashley more of a profit

Benitez could have helped bring Ashleys piss taking come to an end - instead he has been complicit
2nd March 2019 12:36 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

I imagine that four million quid a year would buy a lot of complicity… even from you Mac.
2nd March 2019 02:04 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm sure it would Guff

It's the hypocrisy off the fans though that riles me though

Are you suggesting that it's more acceptable to be complicit if you are on 4mil a year rather than 400 thousand?
2nd March 2019 02:12 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

Seems to be the way of the world though Mac - ranting, people lurching from one extreme to another, no attempt at understanding the other side and finding common ground to unite behind.

Not saying it is acceptable, rather it is far more likely if you're being paid a shed load of money rather than the minimum wage at Shirebrook that you don't rock the boat too much. I still think that Rafa is a lot more principled and has a lot more empathy with the fans than some of the previous chancers we've had.
2nd March 2019 02:45 PM