Longstaff

Longstaff

Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Longstaff

I have been not wanting to get overly enthusiastic about this lad, but I think its time to accept that he is the real deal.

Not sure I can remember our club producing a player that quite clearly has it all and plays like he has been at it for a decade. I have seen Carrick comparisons, as well as Gerrard comparisons and even Viera. Now before anyone tells me to put the crack pipe down, am not saying he is as good as them, am saying his style of play seems to cover all of what those players had.

He's 21 and arguably man of the match in every game he plays, regardless of opposition.

His finish yesterday was a cracker from a difficult spot.

I listened to him, his brother and his dad on the radio last week and they all came across as humble decent folk - No billy big balls and no arrogance at all.

Hopefully we find ourselves as a club in a situation whereby he can achieve his potential with us, if not then good luck to him reaching the top elsewhere.
27th February 2019 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite
Longstaff

He be off soon When the Big Teams start to Circle.. Ashley will be rubbing his fat Hands as the money wont be invested into the team. And only see the Roulette Table..
27th February 2019 08:56 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Longstaff

He could use the money to pay of some of that loan the club owes him.

Oh wait.....
27th February 2019 10:23 AM
guff Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Longstaff

Aye, don't want us 'doing a Leeds'.
27th February 2019 11:19 AM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

We have avoided doing a Leeds by investing within our means and this will prevent the risk for the future. There is no short term loan to pay back so more budget for the summer. Top players have been sold for various reasons and to say it's because of Ashley is disingenuous. Even the likes of Manure and Liverpool can't stop top players leaving.

Longstaff is good solid midfielder but not sure if he will be as good to play in one of the top six teams and with us doing well at the moment we should be able to keep him. Doubt a bigger club would offer silly money for him. He looks even beter as we have sh't midfielders for long time.
27th February 2019 12:35 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(27th February 2019 12:35 PM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We have avoided doing a Leeds by investing within our means and this will prevent the risk for the future. There is no short term loan to pay back so more budget for the summer. Top players have been sold for various reasons and to say it's because of Ashley is disingenuous.

This is tripe.

There are short term loans to repay as will be proven by Ashley drawing what I think will be around £50m from the club this season against his 'loans'. We also took a short term loan to fund the Almiron deal, or so it seems given the charge put on the company from our bankers.

Also, it is crystal clear that there are many revenues that would normally be club related that are being diverted through Sports Direct, thus further suppressing our turnover and ultimately profit as well.

I expect us to sell players along the way, its the rest that is total bullshit and unacceptable.

This is all by the design of Ashley and that is in no way shape or form disingenuous.
27th February 2019 01:42 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(27th February 2019 01:42 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(27th February 2019 12:35 PM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.We have avoided doing a Leeds by investing within our means and this will prevent the risk for the future. There is no short term loan to pay back so more budget for the summer. Top players have been sold for various reasons and to say it's because of Ashley is disingenuous.

This is tripe.

There are short term loans to repay as will be proven by Ashley drawing what I think will be around £50m from the club this season against his 'loans'. We also took a short term loan to fund the Almiron deal, or so it seems given the charge put on the company from our bankers.

Also, it is crystal clear that there are many revenues that would normally be club related that are being diverted through Sports Direct, thus further suppressing our turnover and ultimately profit as well.

I expect us to sell players along the way, its the rest that is total bullshit and unacceptable.

This is all by the design of Ashley and that is in no way shape or form disingenuous.

that's just as much tripe to be fair sall, mere guesswork there's only one man knows what's REALLY going on...or maybe two,..perhaps three
(This post was last modified: 27th February 2019 04:14 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
27th February 2019 04:14 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Longstaff

Not at all.

I'm more than experienced enough in my field to know when there is a rabbit off.

He has form for doing those very things up at Rangers.

Sports Direct staff are even kicking about in our club shop.

Do the math yourself.
27th February 2019 04:25 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Its more hush hush than the old masons, plenty of skullduggery without a doubt and shady shenanigans Dodgy...but like i say no-one knows what really goes on unless they're in the inner circle, plenty of rumours, chinese whispers, hear say....pure guesswork with no substance
(This post was last modified: 27th February 2019 04:45 PM by WilloTheWimp.)
27th February 2019 04:36 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Longstaff

Wimpy and toonraider sitting in a tree

K I S S I NG
27th February 2019 06:22 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

How the hell do you conjure that up, I'm no Ashley apologist you clown.....it's fact that no-one knows what really goes on, what part of that don't you understand ?
27th February 2019 06:31 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Longstaff

Everytime toonraider gets asked a question, you pipe up

Anything you need to share with us?
27th February 2019 06:33 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

No it's just sal said toonraiders post was tripe and I reminded sal that his was also tripe for reasons I've explained....

OK cheeky monkey?
27th February 2019 06:36 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Longstaff

Every question I asked toonraider regarding doing a Leeds you answered for him./ her
27th February 2019 06:40 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I know, because he's a bit shy
27th February 2019 06:44 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Longstaff

Nothing tripe about my reply, matey.

If I thought it was worth my while I would explain in full, but I once tried that with rubber ended pencils and it was all in vain.

I learned my lesson about similar interactions.
27th February 2019 10:34 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

you havent got a clue what's happening behind the scenes sal...for god sake stop being so ridiculous......even the press can't get themselves a proper insight into mike ashleys finances, so all they do is make things up....like you do.
27th February 2019 10:43 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

A: Media hacks understand company accounts.
B: Accountants and solicitors help sell tomorrows arse-wipes.
C: People on football forums sometimes talk bollocks.

Which one of these three statements is true?
27th February 2019 10:56 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

In your case it has to be C.
27th February 2019 10:58 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(27th February 2019 10:43 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.you havent got a clue what's happening behind the scenes sal...for god sake stop being so ridiculous......even the press can't get themselves a proper insight into mike ashleys finances, so all they do is make things up....like you do.

My profession is accountancy, I am qualified up to the eyeballs and am good at what I do.

I am a saddo that downloads club accounts and I break them down because I like to do that.

Its blatantly obvious the benefits SD gets from our club and anyone that is suckered into believing these interest free loans are anything other than a spin on whats really happening are sadly mistaken.

There are many red flags that can be traced throughout the years.

We are being fleeced and yes its an easy call from my laptop, and I will never get the opportunity to show it, but its almost certainly true.

No I dont know the cast iron facts, but I'm in a place where I can cast a fucking good educated estimate and I am satisfied with that.
27th February 2019 11:02 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

well I'm not, you sir just like the press are full of fucking shit.
27th February 2019 11:05 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Longstaff

hehehehehe.

Go on, I'll do it - How so, sir?
27th February 2019 11:05 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

make it up as you go along, you sound the type
27th February 2019 11:06 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Longstaff

Make what up you crackpot?
27th February 2019 11:07 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

the tripe you're spouting...come on sal you're no better than toonraider
27th February 2019 11:09 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Longstaff

Cant believe I got dragged into your trolling.

I had some DM's saying you were a mackem
27th February 2019 11:10 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

congratulations Rolleyes

but seriously, even if anyone from the inner circle of mike ashleys secret world of finance could give us some accurate figures there is not a great deal we could do about it anyway.....I prefer just concentrating on trying to persuade fans to stay away from the match, much more positive.
27th February 2019 11:15 PM
ColoradoMagpie Offline

Reserve Team
Longstaff

Didn't know this: There’s plenty of sporting pedigree in Longstaff’s immediate family. Indeed, his uncle is ex-Newcastle, Bolton and Celtic midfielder Alan Thompson and his dad, David, is one of the highest-capped players in Great British ice hockey history.
28th February 2019 06:08 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(28th February 2019 06:08 AM)ColoradoMagpie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Didn't know this: There’s plenty of sporting pedigree in Longstaff’s immediate family. Indeed, his uncle is ex-Newcastle, Bolton and Celtic midfielder Alan Thompson and his dad, David, is one of the highest-capped players in Great British ice hockey history.

what the puck?

I didn't know that either.
28th February 2019 08:44 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
Longstaff

I believe it was a close call for Longstaff himself whether he went into football or ice hockey
28th February 2019 08:53 AM