NUFC v Leicester - Match Thread

omenator Offline

Owner

Head to Head
  • Leicester have won six of their last seven league and cup games against Newcastle, with the exception being last season's 2-1 defeat at the King Power Stadium.
  • The Magpies are looking to win consecutive away matches against the Foxes in the top flight for the first time since 1959.

Line Ups

Newcastle - Dubravka, Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Ki, Hayden, Perez, Almiron, Rondon

Subs - Darlow, Yedlin, Fernandez, Shelvey, Diame, Atsu, Muto

Leicester - Schmeichel, Ricardo, Morgan, Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Tielemans, Gray, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy

Subs - Ward, Evans, Fuchs, Mendy, Albrighton, Okazaki, Iheanacho

Links (24)

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

If you would like to say thanks, please support ToTT by using the donate button at the top of the site

12th April 2019 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
RE: NUFC v Leicester - Match Thread

Great finish
12th April 2019 07:37 PM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

My stream went down. Missed it!
12th April 2019 07:38 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Played really well that half, 0-2 wouldn’t have been an exaggeration.
12th April 2019 07:49 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Good half.

Clear red card not given, shock horror.
12th April 2019 07:49 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Excellent goal that like
12th April 2019 07:59 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Keep it up, Lads..
12th April 2019 08:02 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

totally deserved the lead, everyone working hard, brilliant finish from perez, hopefully keep it going............... great away support as always.
12th April 2019 08:02 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Good win. That’s us safe I think.

Typical Brenda team now Leicester. Pass pass pass sideways sideways sideways. Did they have a shot on goal?
12th April 2019 08:57 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

Fucking excellent.
12th April 2019 08:59 PM
The Lowther Offline

Reserve Team

what a fucking win that was
12th April 2019 09:13 PM
franzeseNufc Offline

First Team Starter

Excellent win that.
12th April 2019 09:24 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Totally agree what a great result must admit I am emotional down my local football club everyone a bit shocked usually watch games at home. Lone NUFC supporter they knew at the end what it meant such is life?
(This post was last modified: 12th April 2019 10:44 PM by Surreymag.)
12th April 2019 10:42 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

(12th April 2019 10:42 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Totally agree what a great result must admit I am emotional down my local football club everyone a bit shocked usually watch games at home. Lone NUFC supporter they knew at the end what it meant such is life?

You might want to realise who we have as manager, he knows what he's doing you know. Wink
12th April 2019 11:17 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Fair enough good shout. I don’t disagree with his management skills I am not thick I just have different opinions to yourself. I am as passionate as the next person about the club and just relieved that we are safe for another season.
(This post was last modified: 13th April 2019 06:09 AM by Surreymag.)
13th April 2019 05:52 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(12th April 2019 11:17 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(12th April 2019 10:42 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Totally agree what a great result must admit I am emotional down my local football club everyone a bit shocked usually watch games at home. Lone NUFC supporter they knew at the end what it meant such is life?

You might want to realise who we have as manager, he knows what he's doing you know. Wink

It's like praising an F1 driver for finishing a race unscathed - even though he went round the track at 50 MPH, never tried to overtake and never took any risks

Woohooo - wouldn't F1 be class if every driver "who knew what they were doing" did the same

We finished 10th last season remember - and might not be too far away from repeating it again but Rafas caution had his fans celebrating goal difference before Christmas FFS

(This post was last modified: 13th April 2019 08:31 AM by McCreery.)
13th April 2019 08:23 AM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

We didn't have Almiron then though. We'd have been far more attack minded for more of the season if we had. The team we have now is more true reflection where we are. It still riles me about Shearer having a pop months ago when Rondon wasn't fit and saying we wee pretty much certain to go down just to sound dramatic.
13th April 2019 08:51 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

We could have played this formation earlier with Kenedy or Atsu

I am still yet to see exactly what Almiron brings to the party - apart from a sack and a half of enthusiasm
13th April 2019 08:54 AM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

He needs some target practice IMO. If he could finish like Owen could when he had his pace opposition teams wouldn't be too keen to press further up the pitch. At the moment they're cautious but are still pushing forward.
13th April 2019 09:32 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I'm not sure about that Mc. Both Kennedy and Atsu blow hot and cold - mainly cold. They're also both a pair of lazy bastards.

Almiron has added another dimension and never stops running.
13th April 2019 09:34 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I think Kenedy could play that role quite easily Hunty - I'm not saying every game but we could have played this formationat times long before Almiron signed

I was reading that Kenedy has had personal issues this season but I still think that he has been Benitezed - he and Dubravka transformed our season last year but I think he has suffered because of Rafas first half of the season over cautious approach
(This post was last modified: 13th April 2019 09:58 AM by McCreery.)
13th April 2019 09:53 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

There’s not a hope that Kennedy or Asti could be as effective in that formation as Almiron.

I know you’re not yet convinced about Miggy, Mac, but I think you’re not seeing the woods for the trees.

I’m really impressed with the whole new dimension that Miggy brings. We’re a far different beast going forward with him in it. Pace, trickery, speed of thought all far in excess of what our other options have offered this season.
13th April 2019 09:58 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I remember the free running Kenedy of last season Tab - scoring goals, creating them, popping up on either flank and getting us forward. It was an instant improvement on what we had

I get that we look different going forward now but I see that as being an additional body going forward rather than anything exceptional that Almiron has brought with him

Last night was far and away his worst game since he came here - my initial concerns with him were that I doubted he had enough in his locker to not get found out - early days I know but I've not seen anything yet to allay those concerns
13th April 2019 10:08 AM

Chairman

Unjustified concerns in my book, mate.

It’s a possibility that, due to Rafa’s sometimes infuriating pragmatism, we aren’t seeing the full content of what our attacking options can do. Which only makes it better. I’m already impressed by Miggy and the new impetus that he gives us. Even if it’s occupying defenders (as Rondon does very effectively) to free Perez up, that’s fine.

I do agree that Kennedy was a revelation last season and, along with Dubravka, he was a season changer. Who Kennedy is this season, I’ve no idea. Personal circumstances may explain his season, the jury is out, but even at his height, he’s not as direct, quick or scary for opposing defenders as Miggy is.

Looking at the bigger picture is crucial in recognising the benefits of Miggy. I would though concede that, with a more attacking minded manager, the advantages would be more apparent.
13th April 2019 10:32 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

It's a reflection of my view of Ashley I suppose - 16.5 million doesn't get you much in today's market - particularly with attackers

With that in mind I don't expect much from him
13th April 2019 12:06 PM

Chairman

With expectations so admittedly low, how come he’s not exceeding them ?
13th April 2019 01:24 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Honestly Tab - at the minute I just see an average footballer who can run a bit quicker than most

I'm in danger of crucifying him way too early but I'm just not seeing a player who has anything special other than pace
13th April 2019 01:36 PM

Chairman

You’re not in danger, you’re already there.

As you know, we seem to agree on most things these days, with Rafa’s pragmatism, etc but when it comes to players we’re poles apart. I think that you cloud your opinion on Rondon and Miggy with your dogmatic stance on other thing nufc. It probably is for me too, but the other way around, seeing what I want to see. Either way the enjoyment we get (or don’t get) out of matches will be dictated by whether we have our rose-tinted or shit-tinted specs on.
13th April 2019 04:37 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Aye - it might sound like I've made my mind up on him but I genuinely havent

I really hope he shoves my doubts down my throat

Thinking about it I reckon its a reflection of Rafas transfers as well (when it comes to forwards)

I know it's done and dusted and a pointless view but I still remain to be convinced that in Rondon and Almiron, we are any better off than Mitrovic & Gayle

Ironically I can see Mitrovic ding a better job than Rondon in the current formation

All just talking points though - the more they prove me wrong, the happier I am
13th April 2019 05:05 PM

Chairman

Point taken. I don’t mean this in any cuntish way but anyone who doesn’t see that Miggy and Almiron are streets ahead of Mitro and Gayle doesn’t want to see it.
13th April 2019 06:23 PM