Fan Favourite
RE: NUFC v Leicester - Match Thread

Yes, it just sounds funny.
13th April 2019 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lipsquid Online

First Team Regular
NUFC v Leicester - Match Thread

Kenedy is strong defensively as well as offensively and I feel that it's the former quality that Rafa has, this season, emphasised over the latter. The other thing is the left foot curse - for some reason any player that has a natural left foot seems to get put in roles covering the flanks rather than working in the centre of the field. It's like putting someone in goal because they've got a nice pair of gloves.

I like Almiron because he is likeable. I think that's mostly because of his enthusiasm, as Mac pointed out. It seems to be infectious and gives a boost to the whole team. He's direct and he must unnerve defenders a bit but so far his end result hasn't hit the target. Maybe that's why we're paying a potential £20m for him and not Man City paying £120m for him.

Let's face it any player in our squad who would be half decent in a top 6 team won't be in our squad for long.

On a personal note, I fucking hate Friday games. Friday nights are for getting shitfaced and talking bollocks, not for football. However this game has made the whole weekend pleasurable. We won. Against a rejuvenated team. Against the odds.
14th April 2019 04:49 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team
RE: NUFC v Leicester - Match Thread

Yep after that result I was shitfaced so although it was a Friday it just added to the feel good factor. Cardiff losing yesterday was a bonus and Brighton are in free fall much to the amusement of all the Palace fans I know down here. They play each other on Tuesday. That should be fun.
14th April 2019 05:47 AM