What will make Rafa sign a new contract..

McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I dunno - I'm sure that Benitez knows exactly what he is up against with Ashley and must know by now that Ashley has no ambition whatsoever for the club

For Benitez to attempt contract negotiations with that knowledge concerns me

I just don't think Rafa is asking for the world in order to sign another contract although I reckon he should be

I get the feeling that there will be some kind of compromise between the two parties which leaves Newcastle United treading water

I see a scenario where it looks like Benitez is finally getting a budget to work with but due to the increased TV money, Ashley still ends up in profit each season

I genuinely only see the point in Rafa signing a new contract if he is given the opportunity to go after 7th place over the next 2-3 seasons - anything less will just be a continuation of the stagnation
(This post was last modified: 1st May 2019 07:50 AM by McCreery.)
1st May 2019 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
RE: What will make Rafa sign a new contract..

(1st May 2019 07:50 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I genuinely only see the point in Rafa signing a new contract if he is given the opportunity to go after 7th place over the next 2-3 seasons - anything less will just be a continuation of the stagnation

I agree with this for sure. I'm sure that Rafa knows what he is dealing with and, if he still sees a way forward, then negotiating the funds that he needs is attainable.

(1st May 2019 07:50 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I see a scenario where it looks like Benitez is finally getting a budget to work with but due to the increased TV money, Ashley still ends up in profit each season

I understand your point but isn't that pretty much a win-win ? The last thing we want is for Ashley to be hemorrhaging money year on year as he'll inevitably then stop funding transfers altogether and we'll end up right back where we are. If Benitez can accrue the funds that he believes he needs to take us to the next level each year AND Ashley sees a profit, then Ashley is far less likely to pull the rug from under Rafa.

It's not a pleasant thought (Mike being happy) but, if Rafa manages to negotiate us into that position, then he's a fucking genius.
1st May 2019 01:14 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(1st May 2019 01:14 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(1st May 2019 07:50 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I genuinely only see the point in Rafa signing a new contract if he is given the opportunity to go after 7th place over the next 2-3 seasons - anything less will just be a continuation of the stagnation

I agree with this for sure. I'm sure that Rafa knows what he is dealing with and, if he still sees a way forward, then negotiating the funds that he needs is attainable.

(1st May 2019 07:50 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I see a scenario where it looks like Benitez is finally getting a budget to work with but due to the increased TV money, Ashley still ends up in profit each season

I understand your point but isn't that pretty much a win-win ? The last thing we want is for Ashley to be hemorrhaging money year on year as he'll inevitably then stop funding transfers altogether and we'll end up right back where we are. If Benitez can accrue the funds that he believes he needs to take us to the next level each year AND Ashley sees a profit, then Ashley is far less likely to pull the rug from under Rafa.

It's not a pleasant thought (Mike being happy) but, if Rafa manages to negotiate us into that position, then he's a fucking genius.

Nah - In my scenario we fall further behind each season (in terms of investment compared to other clubs) and still don't invest as much as newly promoted teams

My very real concern is that I reckon Benitez is prepared to do this on a relatively low budget just so long as he knows where he is with said budget

In my head, two egos both think they haven't lost but the football club remains in the doldrums

I genuinely believe the best thing Benitez can do for Newcastle United is to tell Ashley to fuck off at the end of the season
2nd May 2019 09:07 AM

Chairman

(2nd May 2019 09:07 AM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nah - In my scenario we fall further behind each season (in terms of investment compared to other clubs) and still don't invest as much as newly promoted teams

My very real concern is that I reckon Benitez is prepared to do this on a relatively low budget just so long as he knows where he is with said budget

Big Grin You're mad you are. No wonder you're concerned if you're thinking up scenarios where we fall behind each season.
2nd May 2019 02:01 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

My struggle with this frigging club is real
2nd May 2019 04:28 PM

Chairman

Your struggle with your self is real !
2nd May 2019 05:38 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

The beautiful fucker is staying, get in.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
3rd May 2019 03:16 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Really? How do you work that out have I missed something?
3rd May 2019 03:34 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

You've missed something.
3rd May 2019 03:35 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

*worries*
3rd May 2019 03:42 PM

Chairman

(3rd May 2019 03:42 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.*worries*

Silly sausage
3rd May 2019 06:28 PM