NUFC v Liverpool - Match Thread

omenator Offline

Owner

Head to Head
  • Newcastle's only home defeat against Liverpool in the past seven Premier League meetings at St James' Park was a 6-0 loss in April 2013 (W4, D2).
  • Liverpool have lost 10 Premier League games away to Newcastle - they have only suffered more defeats on the road against Manchester United (16), Chelsea (14) and Tottenham (12).

Line Ups

Newcastle - Dubravka, Manquillo, Schar, Lascelles, Dummett, Ritchie, Ki, Hayden, Atsu, Perez, Rondon

Subs - Darlow, Shelvey, Diame, Muto, Kenedy, Fernandez, Barreca

Liverpool - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Sturridge, Mane

Subs - Mignolet, Milner, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Original's, Matip

Links (35)

If you would like to say thanks, please support ToTT by using the donate button at the top of the site

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

4th May 2019 05:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

That flag is fucking amazing - fantastic effort that like
4th May 2019 06:43 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Rafa looked quite emotional, looking at the gallowgate..
4th May 2019 06:46 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: NUFC v Liverpool - Match Thread

Surprising composure by atsu to finish
4th May 2019 07:10 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

Surely that goal for Atsu could have stood aswell as sending him off for handball?
4th May 2019 07:18 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

(4th May 2019 07:18 PM)Dean20m Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Surely that goal for Atsu could have stood aswell as sending him off for handball?

That isnt the rule.
4th May 2019 07:19 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

They can do out with tackles, can they not do it with blatant handballs?. Fair enough we scored, but to allow someone to stay on the pitch for a deliberate handball surely can't be right.
4th May 2019 07:22 PM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

(4th May 2019 06:43 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That flag is fucking amazing - fantastic effort that like

Any pics of the flag?
(This post was last modified: 4th May 2019 07:46 PM by DevonMag.)
4th May 2019 07:45 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

Here you go

Attached File(s) Image(s)

4th May 2019 07:53 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Gini getting booed off ??
4th May 2019 08:11 PM
DevonMag Offline

First Team Starter

Wow. Teriffic!
4th May 2019 08:11 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(4th May 2019 08:11 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Gini getting booed off ?
4th May 2019 08:15 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Good effort.
4th May 2019 08:44 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(4th May 2019 08:44 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Good effort.
4th May 2019 08:47 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

I don’t think they could have given any more.

Top effort.
4th May 2019 08:51 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Diving cunts, howay city.
Good effort from us but some bad defending.
4th May 2019 08:52 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Dodgy defensively, but. Atsu perez and rondon were really competitive and worked so hard, deserved a draw at least
4th May 2019 08:55 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Clear dive for their winner man. Bellends.
4th May 2019 09:02 PM
Dean20m Offline

Reserve Team

They've had some luck tonight, that bloke should have been sent off imo. Fuck that we scored anyway, he blatantly handballed it and thats a red card, he shouldn't be allowed to stop on to then give them the benefit of still having 11 men on the field, they would send someone off for a bad tackle regardless if a team scored or not, no difference for me. Then for their last goal Fabinho blatantly dived, don't know how the linesman gave it, he was looking right at it. We did well, deserved the draw at the very least.
4th May 2019 09:11 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Watch on Full Screen
(This post was last modified: 4th May 2019 09:30 PM by Jinkyjim.)
4th May 2019 09:26 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

What do you think about Rondon's performance tonight, Mac?
4th May 2019 09:47 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

(4th May 2019 09:47 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What do you think about Rondon's performance tonight, Mac?

Honestly thought he was shite apart from the goal

Carragher was raving about him but I thought his hold up play was non existent again - when he ran the ball out of play just before he scored I had my head in my hands

He took his goal well but I still think we need a younger, faster more clinical striker to lead the line next season
4th May 2019 09:56 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(4th May 2019 09:56 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(4th May 2019 09:47 PM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.What do you think about Rondon's performance tonight, Mac?

Carragher was raving about him but I thought his hold up play was non existent again - when he ran the ball out of play just before he scored I had my head in my hands

He took his goal well but I still think we need a younger, faster more clinical striker to lead the line next season

i agree with carragher....his hold up play was brilliant all night given the opposition, and his goal was a lesson in clinical finishing.
4th May 2019 10:04 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Hold up play was non existent
4th May 2019 10:08 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

it's all about opinions but are you not just being a bit stubborn just to avoid having to admit to being proven wrong.?
4th May 2019 10:19 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I've absolutely no problem admitting when I'm wrong

He didn't hold the ball up and he rarely linked players up

On the rare occasion he did well on the half way line and turned his man he ran the ball out of play while looking for a pass - it was Ameobiesque

(This post was last modified: 4th May 2019 10:23 PM by McCreery.)
4th May 2019 10:22 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

(4th May 2019 09:56 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Crikey, fair enough like but he was excellent for me, bullied VVD, they could not handle him, scored and basically assist for the first goal.

I feel if that's Mitro you'd be raving about it.

I agree about needing a better first choice, but Rondon would be excellent back up.
4th May 2019 10:23 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(4th May 2019 10:22 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I've absolutely no problem admitting when I'm wrong

He didn't hold the ball up and he rarely linked players up

On the rare occasion he did well on the half way line and turned his man he ran the ball out of play while looking for a pass - it was Ameobiesque

ok
4th May 2019 10:24 PM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

Got absolutely nothing to do with Mitrovic - that's a Benitez issue not a Rondon one

That 'assist' you are talking about should have been buried regardless of the handball
4th May 2019 10:25 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

Fan Favourite

Big Grin i think you are on a bit of a wind up here.
4th May 2019 10:28 PM