Players involved in fight before Asia tour

omenator Offline

Owner

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Newcastle United stars Jonjo Shelvey and Karl Darlow were caught up in a 3am street fight where a rival was punched and kicked after alopecia-sufferer Shelvey was allegedly called a 'bald c***' , MailOnline can reveal today.

Goalkeeper Karl Darlow is alleged to have kicked a man in the back during a brawl outside a Northumberland takeaway after an argument involving team-mate Shelvey following a pub crawl.

The fracas in Morpeth kicked off when the millionaire midfielder responded to the 'bald c***' taunt by telling his abuser: 'Go back to your council house, you peasant’.

The fight came just seven hours before the squad flew to China for the troubled Premier League club's pre-season tour, which began with a 4-0 thrashing by Wolves yesterday.

In exclusive footage of the bust up, goalkeeper Darlow, wearing a black hoodie, shorts and white trainers, appears to aim a kick at a man who had been shoved to the ground after punches were thrown.

Shelvey, who is wearing a white cap and designer 'slider' flip-flops, tries to force his way into the brawl before being pushed back to the pavement in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Newcastle's highest paid player, who earns £70,000-a-week, had been in a takeaway when he was allegedly verbally abused about his lack of hair.

A source told MailOnline: ‘Jonjo Shelvey was in the takeaway when a group of lads called him a “bald c***”. He laughed it off and said, “‘Go back to your council house, you peasant”.

‘But a friend of Karl Darlow has then got protective and weighed in with a punch. It would appear Darlow has also got involved in the fight. Shelvey is now getting some grief from the lads involved, although he was not involved in the actual altercation.’

Shelvey and Darlow, who are currently in China, had been drinking with friends including fellow player Jack Colback in the Black Bull pub.

One woman watching the fight from across the road yelps and says 'that was cheeky', referring to Darlow as 'that keeper guy', after he aims a kick.

As Shelvey is pushed away from the skirmish another man says: 'Jonjo won't do anything, he's a skinny p***k'.

Witnesses filming the row in a takeaway can be heard exclaiming: 'sh**ing hell' as the man was pushed into the road in the scuffle after a 20 minute squabble between 2.50am and 3.10am on Saturday.

Newcastle's Premier League players flew to China for their pre-season tour seven hours later, at 10am, and were thrashed 4-0 by Wolves on Wednesday in Nanjing.

A source has said they had been playing golf during the day before heading out for some drinks.

Newcastle United declined to comment but are sure to investigate. The players are likely to be asked to explain their actions when they return from China this weekend.

MailOnline has asked the players’ agents to comment on the claims. Northumberland Police have said they were not called to the incident.

The row appears to have been sparked by an abusive drinker who called Shelvey a 'bald c***'.

Shelvey was born with alopecia, so has little or no hair on his head.

The footballer, who grew up in east London, the Guardian recently: 'It is something I was born with. I fell down the stairs when I was a baby and fractured my skull and I think that made it worse. I think I always stressed myself out as a kid, and alopecia can be caused by stress. I tried things [to cure it] when I was younger. I tried this ointment that you used to rub into your head and you had to sleep in a woolly hat for three months.

'When I was with Arsenal [as a nine-year-old] I used to go into training with a baseball cap on, because I was so scared of what people were thinking when I was growing up. I remember walking through Romford with my sister and I had my bald head and people would stare. My sister would get upset about it and ask people what they were looking at. Now, I've got to the stage that I don't even bother shaving it some days. This is just the way I am, I suppose'.

The players were drinking in Morpeth, a market town 15 miles north of Newcastle popular with the city’s footballers because they are less likely to be bothered by fans.

Several past and present players live in mansions in surrounding villages.
18th July 2019 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter
RE: Players involved in fight before Asia tour

"lazy, baldy cunt" is more accurate
18th July 2019 05:18 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

That's what you get for drinking in Morpeth. Fucking shite hole.
18th July 2019 05:30 PM
t00nraider Offline

Youth Team

Liability player. Would be fab to replace him.
18th July 2019 07:58 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

Is ginger Pirlo still available?
18th July 2019 08:39 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Or Marty Feldman
18th July 2019 09:16 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

(18th July 2019 05:30 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That's what you get for drinking in Morpeth. Fucking shite hole.
Must have gone down hill over the years always seemed quite nice although it’s not a place I have drunk in. Certainly better than some of the shit holes I have been to in my life time. Redhill the nearest town to me is not great.
18th July 2019 09:23 PM
Kestrel 9 Offline

Youth Team

(18th July 2019 09:23 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(18th July 2019 05:30 PM)Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.That's what you get for drinking in Morpeth. Fucking shite hole.
Must have gone down hill over the years always seemed quite nice although it’s not a place I have drunk in. Certainly better than some of the shit holes I have been to in my life time. Redhill the nearest town to me is not great.

Morpeth is not a shithole...its a nice place to have a night out.
Drank there many a time with my good lady.
The Italian restaurant there is one of the best with live music on a Saturday night.
19th July 2019 11:03 AM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

Shite. Hole.
19th July 2019 12:06 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

It is the county town of Northumberland if I am not mistaken or did I just dream this.
19th July 2019 02:32 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(18th July 2019 09:23 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
I hear you had to put your wedding back because of somebody crashing through the sun-roof of your sierra ?
19th July 2019 04:24 PM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

I have no idea what you are on about. Oh well maybe you can explain?
19th July 2019 10:05 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

(19th July 2019 10:05 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I have no idea what you are on about.

neither does he. Wink
20th July 2019 05:56 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(19th July 2019 10:05 PM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I have no idea what you are on about. Oh well maybe you can explain?

He did loop the loop over dymchurch before crashing into a tv aerial in redhill and then landing on an unsuspecting courting couple.....
20th July 2019 07:12 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

When did all that happen? I must have missed that news.
20th July 2019 09:00 AM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

(20th July 2019 09:00 AM)Surreymag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.When did all that happen? I must have missed that news.
around about 1986....
20th July 2019 09:05 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

Ah that will explain why I don’t know I didn’t move here until 1989. Not much happens in Redhill so that would have been big news at the time I guess.
20th July 2019 05:25 PM
carters Offline

Reserve Team

Sky Gold ch 110 in a couple of minutes...it's all on there..
21st July 2019 10:38 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

I presume it’s something that happened in a comedy programme maybe? Sky Gold is old comedy I think?
21st July 2019 06:36 PM