Michael Owen

Michael Owen

tino Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Michael Owen

(3rd September 2019 08:24 PM)t00nraider Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Think that was in response to his constant hamstring problems and being on edge every time he went on a run if I'm not mistaken. It's not his fault Shepherd offered him money the club couldn't afford and I don't think it was wise some of our fans shouting at him when concussed and still on the books. Probably the same divvies protesting.

We gambled giving it a go but I still think it was done wrecklessly and this has contributed to us having lack of funds to spend since.

What a load of bollocks
4th September 2019 04:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

In the words of Mohamed Diame, on his twitter feed..

' FUCK MICHAEL OWEN '
4th September 2019 04:59 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

what he's saying though is basically what other clubs fans judge us by.........the stadium is big the fan base is big...but theyve won no titles or trophies for 60 years..............that's how we are perceived unfortunately
4th September 2019 08:33 PM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter

Mohamed diame tweeted ...Fuck Michael Owen
5th September 2019 06:38 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

you missed jinkys post then? Rolleyes
5th September 2019 07:23 AM
Surreymag Offline

Youth Team

(4th September 2019 08:33 PM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.what he's saying though is basically what other clubs fans judge us by.........the stadium is big the fan base is big...but theyve won no titles or trophies for 60 years..............that's how we are perceived unfortunately
That is certainly the perception of a lot of fans from other clubs down here. Mind a lot of them are glory hunters or wankers sometimes both so fuck em!
(This post was last modified: 5th September 2019 07:34 PM by Surreymag.)
5th September 2019 07:32 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

its an easy target for owen though...he's seen it as a great way to piss us off, his other clubs liverpool, madreed and manure have all won stuff..(i'm not sure yet what he says about stoke).................we are simply not seen as a big club because of our lack of trophies, it is what it is. Rolleyes
5th September 2019 08:26 PM
guff Offline

First Team Regular

When you're peddling your new book, any publicity is good publicity.
5th September 2019 08:51 PM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter

(5th September 2019 07:23 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.you missed jinkys post then? Rolleyes

Nope I wanted to say it as well
5th September 2019 09:22 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(5th September 2019 09:22 PM)JTH Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(5th September 2019 07:23 AM)WilloTheWimp Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.you missed jinkys post then? Rolleyes

Nope I wanted to say it as well

And why not.
5th September 2019 09:40 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

It was a fake account, like.
6th September 2019 12:37 AM
JTH Offline

First Team Starter

(6th September 2019 12:37 AM)ToonArmy1892 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.It was a fake account, like.

Don’t care the sentiment was spot if I had a twitter account I would have told him he was a snidely fucker and he can fuck off and when he gets there fuck off again ..that’s Willo sorted as for Owen well I hope his book flops however with all the attention he has got people will buy it I am sure
6th September 2019 06:42 AM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

Big Grin
6th September 2019 06:52 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
Michael Owen

He's doing to backtracking now

"I wasn't unhappy. I love Newcastle, I love the people,I loved playing there. Sadly when you stop a sentence halfway through and don't mention it in context it becomes difficult."

I'm not really sure who'll buy his book.
6th September 2019 01:29 PM
omenator Offline

Owner

(6th September 2019 01:29 PM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He's doing to backtracking now

"I wasn't unhappy. I love Newcastle, I love the people,I loved playing there. Sadly when you stop a sentence halfway through and don't mention it in context it becomes difficult."

I'm still trying to figure out who wrote, it certainly wasn't Owen as it's not done in crayon
6th September 2019 03:25 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular

(6th September 2019 03:25 PM)omenator Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(6th September 2019 01:29 PM)huntface Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He's doing to backtracking now

I'm still trying to figure out who wrote, it certainly wasn't Owen as it's not done in crayon

They're done by ghostwriters who're usually appointed by the publisher. Celebrity autos tend to be a pretty high value gig and they're clued up on getting the sensational and controversial stuff out of the 'author' then wording it so that it makes maximum impact.

What a normal freelance ghostwriter would charge by the day I reckon a celeb auto writer charges by the hour, £400 - 500 wouldn't surprise me at all. Maybe more. Initial release of these things are £20+ per copy. Retail and distribution can account for 50-70% of the cover price. Minus the celebrity's advance, which is probably a couple of million, then 10-15%* of royalties once it's earned out, the publisher is still looking at a couple of million quid if only a million copies sell. So high profile Twitter arguments and newspaper reports on controversial stuff are great publicity as it saves publishers massive amounts on marketing fees.

On one hand celebrities pocketing millions for a book they didn't even write when the writer gets a fraction of that (even if that fraction is £100k to £200k) might be annoying, but it does mean that a publishing house can take a punt on other actual authors.

*Most books never earn out. The amount of royalties a traditional author can expect is far lower than the 10-15% of the retail price. Probably more like 7% of the publisher's profit when things like all the above and marketing is taken into account. Publishers make their money from the likes of celebrity autobiographies, and the occasional J K Rowling.
6th September 2019 08:17 PM
WilloTheWimp Offline

First Team Starter

firstly well googled mr lipstick.......and secondly, welcome to the football section
6th September 2019 09:15 PM
lipsquid Offline

First Team Regular
Michael Owen

Not Googled Mr Chippy. And as it turns out after chatting with an actual publisher not very accurate either. A good ghostwriter will get more like £20k for a book rather than the £100k I said earlier. Also traditional authors are more likely to get 5% of a publisher's earnings for a book rather than the 7% I quoted above. It turns out to be a few pence per book sold if it earns out but a lot of books never earn out. Earning out is when the book's sales have reached a level where the author's advance has been exceeded and the author then gets royalties.
7th September 2019 04:08 AM