Thread Closed 
dream land
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

mourinho was on SSN saying how much he hates italian football, if i were the owner of nufc, i would ring mourinho, and say:

heres a contract 100k a week, one of the top paid managers in england
make yourself a hero and be worshiped amongst the best fans in the world (is ego would fucking love that)
make urself a legendary manager by winning a trophy with a team that hasnt won anything meaningful since the uefa cup, or if pushed '55 fa cup.

and really fucking sell it to him, i know its dreamland, but football is full of surprises. and why the fuck not
30th March 2010 07:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Also throw in the fact that his old pal Sir Bobby was a legend here and loved this club...

Still, no chance at all of him coming here, he'll be at Man United when Ferguson finally gives up/dies.
30th March 2010 07:53 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

but we should be ambitious, everyone knows a manager is far more important than any player, even throw 200k a week at him. 10m a year so what.

geremi and xisco between them where on that this season
30th March 2010 07:58 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:but we should be ambitious, everyone knows a manager is far more important than any player, even throw 200k a week at him. 10m a year so what.

you have a point like.
30th March 2010 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:but we should be ambitious, everyone knows a manager is far more important than any player, even throw 200k a week at him. 10m a year so what.

Oh so we offer him money and he'll come here?

Aye, cause Man United, Real Madrid etc won't offer him money aswell like, most likely be able to afford loads more aswell.
30th March 2010 08:03 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
dream land

I've gone way past wanting the top managers and trophy signings

I'm honestly quite happy with our little band of brothers who will slog it out in the name of the club

we've spent the big money in the past and it's got us fuck all

next season will be exciting from start to finish because we will be involved in a relegation battle from the off......I'd much prefer that to mid table mediocrity with a bunch of mercanaries that hadn't heard of Newcastle until the cheque book was opened
30th March 2010 08:04 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

And a manager isn't "far more" important than any player...

Important yes, but probably just as important as the players.
30th March 2010 08:05 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

but fergie will be there next season IMO, im not saying by any stretch we will get him, like i know we are a championship club. but we should stop spunking money on shit players and bring in a world class manager on big bunce.

mourinho i think would relish the chance to be adored, and adored he would be if he won anything. and he would work his balls off im sure to make sure it happened.
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

McCreery Wrote:I've gone way past wanting the top managers and trophy signings

I'm honestly quite happy with our little band of brothers who will slog it out in the name of the club

next season will be exciting from start to finish because we will be involved in a relegation battle from the off......I'd much prefer that to mid table mediocrity with a bunch of mercanaries that hadn't heard of Newcastle until the cheque book was opened

Agree with that.
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

a prime example of this would be marty o neill at villa, a fucking shite club in the doldrums for years, spend realtively big on a good manager and look what u get, same with woy at fulham.

we could be like the burnleys who will appoint brian laws on the cheap and get relegated, or we could spend big up front and reap the rewards.
30th March 2010 08:07 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:but fergie will be there next season IMO, im not saying by any stretch we will get him, like i know we are a championship club. but we should stop spunking money on shit players and bring in a world class manager on big bunce.

mourinho i think would relish the chance to be adored, and adored he would be if he won anything. and he would work his balls off im sure to make sure it happened.

He'd be adored anywhere he goes man, we aren't the only fans with a bit of passion. Rolleyes

And tbh, after 6 defeats we'd probably be wanting rid of him knowing us, we did after all have a section of fans who wanted the legendary Sir Bobby Robson to be sacked and they got their wish.
30th March 2010 08:08 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

McCreery Wrote:I've gone way past wanting the top managers and trophy signings

i want more than a team who tries, i would like skill, a team that is good enough and is better than relegation candidates.

but i agree that knowing the history of that shirt, and respecting it is important
30th March 2010 08:08 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
dream land

I didn't want him sacked but I did want him moved upstairs
30th March 2010 08:09 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:a prime example of this would be marty o neill at villa, a fucking shite club in the doldrums for years, spend realtively big on a good manager and look what u get, same with woy at fulham.

we could be like the burnleys who will appoint brian laws on the cheap and get relegated, or we could spend big up front and reap the rewards.

Oh I agree, that a manager is important, but give any club with a top manager a few injuries to star players and they'll struggle.

That's all I was saying, that the players are just as important as the manager.
30th March 2010 08:09 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

i know richy, we are the best fans, but by fuck when things dont go our way we are a pack of yappy cunts. the SBR thing looking back was testiment to that, although a lot of people were against the sacking also.

but i just feel a club like nufc, should strive to be the best.

keegan wouldnt have it any other way in 1992, and look what happened
30th March 2010 08:10 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:i want more than a team who tries, i would like skill, a team that is good enough and is better than relegation candidates.

but i agree that knowing the history of that shirt, and respecting it is important

So would everybody but unless we suddenly get millions pumped into the club then it'll no doubt be a step by step progress towards that, the first step being survival.

McCreery Wrote:I didn't want him sacked but I did want him moved upstairs

There was a fair few that wanted rid of him though?
30th March 2010 08:10 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:i want more than a team who tries, i would like skill, a team that is good enough and is better than relegation candidates.

I think I worded my post wrong because I don't think that many players would actually fight for the club as such......I think I just want genuine players who will come to Newcastle because of everything else it has to offer other than massive wages..........players who want to play and do their best
30th March 2010 08:11 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

I wanted rid of Him..!!
30th March 2010 08:12 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
dream land

richyNUFC Wrote:There was a fair few that wanted rid of him though?

aye....I think there was
30th March 2010 08:13 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

i think rather than spunking 15m (apparently cough cough)
spend 5-10m on getting a top class manager
30th March 2010 08:13 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

McCreery Wrote:I think I worded my post wrong because I don't think that many players would actually fight for the club as such......I think I just want genuine players who will come to Newcastle because of everything else it has to offer other than massive wages..........players who want to play and do their best

but that doesnt win trophies.
i know what you are saying, i love players like enrique, taylor etc, players that i feel would die for the shirt the way they play on the pitch.
BUT
that alone doesnt win trohpies although its great to see, and puts a smile on your face.
i think mypoint is backed up by the fact that the biggest bunch of play boys, bling brigade, brought us the best football this club has seen in over a decade.
30th March 2010 08:15 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:i know richy, we are the best fans, but by fuck when things dont go our way we are a pack of yappy cunts. the SBR thing looking back was testiment to that, although a lot of people were against the sacking also.

but i just feel a club like nufc, should strive to be the best.

keegan wouldnt have it any other way in 1992, and look what happened

The thing about KK though, when we appointed him, it was his first managerial role - we didn't go for a massive appointment, it wasn't really showing ambition - it'd be like us hiring Shearer - it could go either way.

Luckily, KK turned out to be brilliant, but if KK had the reputation of Mourinho as a manager when we approached him, we'd not have got him, or we would have but would have had to spend our whole transfer budget on him and therefore not be able to bring in the players that took us to top end of the PL.
30th March 2010 08:19 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

Reckon we missed our chance with Mourinho years ago - if we'd moved SBR to DOF and brought him in the season he went to Chelsea, when both Mourinho and SBR were making noises that they'd like to work together again, he could have taken SBR's team and made legends of them, instead of the fuckwittery souness perpetrated.

Don't know whether the presence of SBR would have outweighed the mighty rouble, but I think that was our best shot. He's too celebrity now, and he's way too savvy to take this particular poison chalice.
30th March 2010 08:19 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:but that doesnt win trophies.
i know what you are saying, i love players like enrique, taylor etc, players that i feel would die for the shirt the way they play on the pitch.
BUT
that alone doesnt win trohpies although its great to see, and puts a smile on your face.
i think mypoint is backed up by the fact that the biggest bunch of play boys, bling brigade, brought us the best football this club has seen in over a decade.

Very true.

Those players were very talented and had a good manager - but you're saying we only need the good manager to progress - but we'd need the talented players aswell.

We need a good mix of both and without spending millions, we have to take it step by step, and it may seem unambitious but aslong we survive next year it's a step forawrd - and if we keep moving forward we'll get there eventually.
30th March 2010 08:22 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

a top gaelic manager told me years ago, when i was playing minor footy, that a team of 15 great footballers wont win a match. you need the most random mix of players, the old experienced, the thick headed, the hot headed, the pansies, the funny guys, the shit players who work their socks off top players with great ability who are lazy cunts.

and to a certain extent, we had that under SBR, a team of 11 grafters wont win trophies, we need a mix. and very definately a top manager.
30th March 2010 08:25 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

How do we know Hughton won't turn out to be a top manager?

He's still relatively new to this manager thing - and when he was given the job last year he had a fair few players who wanted to leave, and also the fact that he wasn't even ready to admit to himself that he was good enough to take this job on.

Everything's changed now.

I'm certainly not expecting him to be the next Keegan or owt like that, but I think he could play a massive part in rebuilding this club if given the chance.

People might say Hughton lacks the ambition to be a top manager but even the mighty Keegan said we're a million miles away from finishing 4th in the league when he was in his second managerial spell here.
30th March 2010 08:30 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
dream land

he could, but his record in the top flight is dubious at best.
i have nothing against him and have defended him on here, when people got trigger happy after 1 bad result, i dont want him as manager but i wont slagg him whilst being top of the league/winning games.

next season if we go on a dreadful run for a few months, then the heat will turn on. i dont think hes good enough in the PL, he should do IMO what roeder did, leave his his dignity intact.
30th March 2010 08:33 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

viana45 Wrote:he could, but his record in the top flight is dubious at best.
i have nothing against him and have defended him on here, when people got trigger happy after 1 bad result, i dont want him as manager but i wont slagg him whilst being top of the league/winning games.

next season if we go on a dreadful run for a few months, then the heat will turn on. i dont think hes good enough in the PL, he should do IMO what roeder did, leave his his dignity intact.

Aye but the first time he took over, he had a bunch of player's disillusioned after losing Keegan and fans protesting against the owner, and the second time he took over, most of the player's had given up.

Next season, we'll have confidence, team spirit, and we'll also have no real pressure, and all of that should make a massive difference.
30th March 2010 08:36 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

I think Hughton's top flight "record" is a bit misleading. In that he doesn't really have one. He was a temporary caretaker of a fragmenting team of lost causes last season. His top flight record, with both spurs and nufc, all as caretaker reads played 18, won 4, drew 10, lost 4. Not great, but not as catastrophic as some would make out - given the circumstances and the teams he inherited, I'd say they can hardly be taken as representative of his abilities as a manager.

That said, I do think Championship is his level, along with most of our squad. Luckily, the same can be said of 12 other teams in the premier league.
30th March 2010 08:44 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Workshy Fop Wrote:That said, I do think Championship is his level, along with most of our squad. Luckily, the same can be said of 12 other teams in the premier league.

I never really understand the 'level' of a manager.

Surely, if he's given time to improve every season, his 'level' will improve with that? If he can bring in a few better players that will fit into the current "family" atmosphere, then that should work and should see us improve and the club progresses forward without the need for a change in manager.

Like Moyes for example, came from the lower leagues and has slowly earner a reputation as being one of the best top flight managers around. Even O'Neill is doing things quite slowly (and has had a decent amount of cash)

It is true I suppose that the majority of Championship managers get a side promoted and then struggle to do it in the PL. This is usually because of a lack of funds though, they've done such a good job in the Championship that the side they've got promoted is not quite ready for the PL.

We're a club that should be ready for the PL though, and we should be able to survive next year without too much money being spent.
(This post was last modified: 30th March 2010 08:57 PM by richyNUFC.)
30th March 2010 08:52 PM
Thread Closed