Thread Closed 
dream land
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

By "level" I mean that in the Championship he is up against manager's of a lesser calibre, whose tactical genius involves: Plan A - lump it to the big guy, Plan B - kick fuck out of them, then lump it to the big guy.

Against somewhat more advanced tactics I wonder whether he has the nouse to counter the opposition. He may well; I repeat I consider him untested, rather than having a poor record at that level.

But, from what I've seen of his ability to change a game, I fear that he may not be the man to lead us back into Europe, no matter how long he has. That said, I've been wrong on any number of occasions about any number of topics. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
30th March 2010 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Workshy Fop Wrote:By "level" I mean that in the Championship he is up against manager's of a lesser calibre, whose tactical genius involves: Plan A - lump it to the big guy, Plan B - kick fuck out of them, then lump it to the big guy.

Sounds like the majority of the current Premier League sides Smile
30th March 2010 08:59 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

Hence the end of your first quote. Do keep up, Richard.
30th March 2010 09:00 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
dream land

I wanted Mourinho when we appointed Allarshyte and after, but let's be honest why would he come here?

I think we could play on his ego yes, but he is a manager who not only needs a challenge and needs to feel the passion (which is why I think he prefers England), he also needs money to spend on players.

Unless their is an amazing change in Ashley's spending habits and he fancies trying something totally against all he has done before or we are bought out by some mega bucks owner who wants Mourinho then perhaps it could happen.

But even then it will need some sales pitch to Jose, as he could go to any club in the world that wants him, he doesn't need the cash and will earn a kings ransom anyway whereever he goes.

You can only play on his ego and sell him the dream of resurrecting a club that has won fuck all of note since '69, fuck all domestically since '55 and no titles in 83 years!!!

His connection to SBR could be played on I'm sure, but for me he will end up at Liverpool when Benitez goes, I think his interview this evening will have lost his ability to stay in Italy beyond May now, he actually said he does not like Italian football!!

Man U job is not currently available, neither is Arsenal, doubt he would go back to Chelsea whilst the Russian is there, the next logical move is Liverpool or will the Arabs chop Mancini so soon??

NUFC won't be on Jose's horizon, but who knows what can happen if you catch him on the right day, in the right mood and pitch in right and you have an owner willing to back him to the hilt stranger things have happened.

But I still say this is a pipe dream that we have next to no chance of pulling off, sadly.
30th March 2010 09:01 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

LeazesLoyal Wrote:Man U job is not currently available, neither is Arsenal, doubt he would go back to Chelsea whilst the Russian is there, the next logical move is Liverpool or will the Arabs chop Mancini so soon??

He could be Real's next boss like, they've failed to win the Champions League despite the money they've spent and if they fail to win the league aswell then it'd not be a surprise if they sacked their boss.
30th March 2010 09:03 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

LeazesLoyal Wrote:You can only play on his ego and sell him the dream of resurrecting a club that has won fuck all of note since '69, fuck all domestically since '55 and no titles in 83 years!!!

City can offer pretty much the same story, but with a fuckload more cash. I don't see Mancini surviving missing out on 4th spot, which I expect them to do.
30th March 2010 09:04 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Workshy Fop Wrote:Hence the end of your first quote. Do keep up, Richard.

Missed that, was too busy focussing on the bit about his level Smile
30th March 2010 09:05 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Workshy Fop Wrote:Against somewhat more advanced tactics I wonder whether he has the nouse to counter the opposition.

But, from what I've seen of his ability to change a game, I fear that he may not be the man to lead us back into Europe, no matter how long he has.

I know a lot of people have questioned Hughton's tactics, especially when we're losing, but we've fought back from behind many times this season so that suggests he's not really that bad at making changes?
30th March 2010 09:13 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

He's certainly not as limited as Roeder appeared to be. Or Kinnear. Or Souness and Allardyce, for that matter. It just seems his natural reaction to any given situation is to tortoise up and put defenders/defensive midfielders on, I'd like to see a bit more adventure, or at least variety.
30th March 2010 09:16 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Workshy Fop Wrote:He's certainly not as limited as Roeder appeared to be. Or Kinnear. Or Souness and Allardyce, for that matter. It just seems his natural reaction to any given situation is to tortoise up and put defenders/defensive midfielders on, I'd like to see a bit more adventure, or at least variety.

True.

Just typed out a post about how the defensive tactics will benefit us next season, but the majority of the post was stating the obvious and we could go on forever about Hughton's tactics in the PL, but we won't know how capable we are until we actually get there. So I deleted it and wrote this shite instead.
30th March 2010 09:25 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
dream land

Shoulda kept it.
30th March 2010 09:29 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Tight_Ass_Bramble Wrote:Shoulda kept it.

Was probably on a par with my usual bad posts, but even I couldn't see the point I was trying to make. Big Grin
30th March 2010 09:31 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
dream land

If we all stopped typing pointless posts this place would be empty
30th March 2010 09:58 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Good point. Big Grin
31st March 2010 08:30 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
dream land

viana45 Wrote:mourinho was on SSN saying how much he hates italian football, if i were the owner of nufc, i would ring mourinho, and say:

heres a contract 100k a week, one of the top paid managers in england
make yourself a hero and be worshiped amongst the best fans in the world (is ego would fucking love that)
make urself a legendary manager by winning a trophy with a team that hasnt won anything meaningful since the uefa cup, or if pushed '55 fa cup.

and really fucking sell it to him, i know its dreamland, but football is full of surprises. and why the fuck not

That would definately work if we had a more profilgate chairman, or at least be worth a go, As you say though, dreamland.
31st March 2010 10:00 AM
onthetoon1 Offline

Youth Team
dream land

richyNUFC Wrote:I never really understand the 'level' of a manager.

Surely, if he's given time to improve every season, his 'level' will improve with that? If he can bring in a few better players that will fit into the current "family" atmosphere, then that should work and should see us improve and the club progresses forward without the need for a change in manager.

Like Moyes for example, came from the lower leagues and has slowly earner a reputation as being one of the best top flight managers around. Even O'Neill is doing things quite slowly (and has had a decent amount of cash)

It is true I suppose that the majority of Championship managers get a side promoted and then struggle to do it in the PL. This is usually because of a lack of funds though, they've done such a good job in the Championship that the side they've got promoted is not quite ready for the PL.

We're a club that should be ready for the PL though, and we should be able to survive next year without too much money being spent.

I agree with this. It took Moyes a while to settle into the Premiership and the fans were often frustrated with him but I think he has to rate as one of the best managers in the PL. He has performed miracles on hardly any cash often having to sell his best players and it is only now that he has been able to build a reasonably talented team.

I think Everton is the model we and a lot of other PL teams need to look at now because what's happened with Portsmouth will have put the fear of God into some of them. With the exception of those few teams with a sugar daddy ie Chelsea and City I don't think we will be seeing massive spending in the PL. Spotting young talent and team work will be the areas to work on.
31st March 2010 11:07 AM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
dream land

Dreamland........eating Texan bars out of my Sister in laws ninny.....oh yuss.
31st March 2010 02:42 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

hahahaha
31st March 2010 02:44 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular
dream land

Big Grin