Thread Closed 
Chris Hughton - earnt our respect?
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

The only reason I say this is because in The Bulls post match, when Chris came on the telly everyone hushed and listened to what he had to say.

There have only been two managers who have earnt this...Keegan and Robson.

Just found it quite interesting that everyone wanted to hear what he had to say for the first time this season.
30th March 2010 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain

The Steve Wrote:The only reason I say this is because in The Bulls post match, when Chris came on the telly everyone hushed and listened to what he had to say.

There have only been two managers who have earnt this...Keegan and Robson.

Just found it quite interesting that everyone wanted to hear what he had to say for the first time this season.

Same story in the Hotspur.
30th March 2010 11:00 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

He has earned the respect of 99.9% of the supporters and rightfully so.It still doesn't stop me from having serious doubts about him next season though.

He has earned a shot at the premier league, but there should be no sentiment in football, if he comes up short and we are badly struggling, he needs replacing quickly.
30th March 2010 11:00 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Agree 110%
30th March 2010 11:07 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

Understand your point Chris, but how can that help us?

First of all, nobody should really be having high hopes for next season, and if we do struggle, then that is to be expected. If we're in the bottom 5 at Xmas and we get rid - or maybe even earlier - then it's daft. It's like Darlo sacking Staunton.

We're not going to replace him with anybody brilliant, and sacking a man who clearly has the respect of the dressing room will only cause problems.

The only reason I could understand us replacing him is if we have a genuinely good manager lined up, or if he has been given money and wasted it.

I think he deserves time to achieve our target for next season - staying up - and even if we're struggling up to Xmas there'd still a lot of time for us to be able to achieve that survival.

Boring? No ambition? No, just realistic.
30th March 2010 11:09 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I am realistic mate staying up is my only goal next year but for as much as i agree about sentiment i really dont think we will struggle to badly, Purely for the reasons that there are some real shite teams down the bottom of the premiership and we should be ok, i think the players will give 110% for houghton and thats exactly what we need.
30th March 2010 11:12 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

DUMFRIESGEORDIE Wrote:I am realistic mate staying up is my only goal next year but for as much as i agree about sentiment i really dont think we will struggle to badly, Purely for the reasons that there are some real shite teams down the bottom of the premiership and we should be ok, i think the players will give 110% for houghton and thats exactly what we need.

I know mate, I feel the same, but I also think that if we do struggle, it is not Hughton's fault, it'll just be that the difference in class between the two leagues is bigger than we thought and the players just aren't good enough.
30th March 2010 11:14 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Yeah thats a fair comment, but like i said i think with 4 or 5 canny buys we will have a good enough squad to stay up. Least i bloody hope so pal!
30th March 2010 11:15 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Agree with Richy.

I'd sooner have a manager that has the respect of the dressing room than your Kinnear's who go out in public and grief players. Same with Souness...

He's earnt his shot. We shouldn't expect anything less than bottom five really. It's all abut progress. Finish 4th bottom next year and it's a step forward. Take it from there.
30th March 2010 11:16 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

DUMFRIESGEORDIE Wrote:Yeah thats a fair comment, but like i said i think with 4 or 5 canny buys we will have a good enough squad to stay up. Least i bloody hope so pal!

True, but then that depends on how much cash we get, and that still would not be Hughton's fault.

Unless as I said before, he does get the cash, and spends it badly.
30th March 2010 11:16 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

richyNUFC Wrote:Understand your point Chris, but how can that help us?

First of all, nobody should really be having high hopes for next season, and if we do struggle, then that is to be expected. If we're in the bottom 5 at Xmas and we get rid - or maybe even earlier - then it's daft. It's like Darlo sacking Staunton.

We're not going to replace him with anybody brilliant, and sacking a man who clearly has the respect of the dressing room will only cause problems.

The only reason I could understand us replacing him is if we have a genuinely good manager lined up, or if he has been given money and wasted it.

I think he deserves time to achieve our target for next season - staying up - and even if we're struggling up to Xmas there'd still a lot of time for us to be able to achieve that survival.

Boring? No ambition? No, just realistic.

Fair points richy

We will see how it plays out, if it does go tits up, i will not be blaming Hughton anyway.Did anybody see the fat fucker rubbing his hands together last night, the riches that lie ahead eh.
30th March 2010 11:21 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

Chris_NUFC Wrote:Fair points richy

We will see how it plays out, if it does go tits up, i will not be blaming Hughton anyway.Did anybody see the fat fucker rubbing his hands together last night, the riches that lie ahead eh.

Aye I noticed that.

Little pound signs in his eyes aswell.
30th March 2010 11:22 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

I was celebrating the goals, very happy for Enrique, then they show the fat fucker.
30th March 2010 11:24 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

Chris_NUFC Wrote:I was celebrating the goals, very happy for Enrique, then they show the fat fucker.

Smile

On a positive note, maybe he was rubbing his hands together knowing that we're promoted and that he has a buyer lined up on the condition we return to the Premier League, and Fat Ash was rubbing his hands because he'll finally get the offer he wants?

Or is that too optimistic? Sad
30th March 2010 11:26 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

I reckon he was just cold
30th March 2010 11:27 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:I reckon he was just cold

Soft southern prick.
30th March 2010 11:28 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

fuckin hell man....I was only saying
30th March 2010 11:29 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

Well next time, don't.
30th March 2010 11:30 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

richyNUFC Wrote:Smile

On a positive note, maybe he was rubbing his hands together knowing that we're promoted and that he has a buyer lined up on the condition we return to the Premier League, and Fat Ash was rubbing his hands because he'll finally get the offer he wants?

Or is that too optimistic? Sad

Extra £100m on the price of the club i reckon, hope and pray you're right though.
30th March 2010 11:31 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

richyNUFC Wrote:Well next time, don't.

reet then
30th March 2010 11:32 AM
richyNUFC Online

First Team Regular

Chris_NUFC Wrote:Extra £100m on the price of the club i reckon, hope and pray you're right though.

Can't see him going anywhere soon tbh. Sad

McCreery Wrote:reet then

Good.
30th March 2010 11:34 AM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter

McCreery Wrote:I reckon he was just cold

What! The fucker has ice cold blood running through his veins, the thought of cold hard cash made him rub his hands together.
30th March 2010 11:35 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

he could have just been a bit chilly
30th March 2010 01:11 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I reckon Ashley will be gone within 3 years. Probably not for next season but soon.
30th March 2010 01:26 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Hughton will be manager next season, rightly so I guess.

So far he has signed:

Routledge
Williamson
Simpson
Lovenkrands
Hall
Van Aanholt
Best

There is only Best that hasnt really been fit for the purpose so far so no one can complain on that front.

Yes buying top level players is a whole new board game, but we can only judge on whats gone on this season and Hughton passes with flying colours in almost all areas.

That said, am not convinced he is the new Bobby Robson, but am willing to let him have his hard earned crack at the biggest job he will ever have the opportunity to take on.

Well done Chris.
30th March 2010 02:03 PM
Thread Closed