Thread Closed 
Just wondered when he will come out and say congratulations
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

When we get promoted, Given that is. I reckon Sunday in the papers. That is all.
30th March 2010 02:13 AM
Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

Banned

Your obsessed lol

did u see cronscotts top ten this week?

Big Grin
30th March 2010 07:18 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

no i hope im higher than 8th place the fucking goon he is.
30th March 2010 12:00 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

that was an old one Viana.
30th March 2010 12:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
viana45 Offline

Banned

Only on this week I think
30th March 2010 12:16 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Dont know how the fucking freak has the nerve to show his face after what he did.
30th March 2010 12:17 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I don't get the animosity towards Given.

He stayed with us for the best years of his career when he could easily have fucked off an won a few things.

He consistently year on year said the club needed to invest which was ignored.

He got a once in a career opportunity to join a club that over the next couple of years will seriously challenge for honours, with that amount of money I'd be stunned if they don't - he is in the twilight of his career so it's his last chance to try and win something - I say good luck to him.

He didn't abandon us, there was no guarantee had he stayed that Citeh would have came back in for him in the summer, they may have bought someone else.

I thank Given for helping to keep us in the top flight as long as he did - people forget all the important saves he made and his overall contribution.

Just don't get the animosity - Given really cared and showed it with his commitment for so long and his consistent performances that kept Harper on the bench for most of his career.
30th March 2010 12:19 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:Dont know how the fucking freak has the nerve to show his face after what he did.

My post above was about that Cromscott LL not Given well this time anyway.
30th March 2010 12:22 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Ok, but there is it seems some animosity towards him though which defies belief.

When the likes of Waddle and Gascoigne left us in the shit, it was more understandable as they hadn't stayed with us for long and jumped ship at the first opportunity.

Hence the mars bar wrappers full of ahem items being hurled at them when Spurs visited.
30th March 2010 12:25 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

The only reason i dislike Given now is because he dropped us in the shite when we needed him the most. Even Owen stuck around till the bitter end.

I firmly believe he is that much better a keeper than Harper if he had of stayed we wouldnt have got relegated.

Quote:He consistently year on year said the club needed to invest which was ignored.

That isnt true is it m8, How much debt are we in. If we hadnt of invested in the team we wouldnt be in the shit now. It just so happens the managers who got the money were fucking clueless gimps.
30th March 2010 12:30 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Given and a number of senior players said we needed to invest - especially leading up to the last window in January last season when we all knew we needed to.

Ashley dithered and fucked up and that is why we were relegated.

If Duff hadn't been such a useless cunt, if Owen and Viduka hadn't been such lazy cunts, if Martins knew that the idea of this game is to put the ball between the sticks and in the net, not blast it over them, we would have stayed up.

To be honest though in hindsight relegation could possibly have been the best thing to happen to us.

It has allowed us to streamline the club, get rid of the baggage and wasters, only Butt, Smith and Barton to go, then we will have got rid of the big earners who haven't been value for money.

We are coming back up a lot stronger club than we were.

If we had stayed up it would have just delayed the inevitable and we would have had yet another year of misery.

I for one have at least enjoyed a fair few weekends this season even if the football hasn't been top notch, we have been winning - feels a lot better that getting gubbed week in week out.
30th March 2010 12:40 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Agree with your post m8 especially this bit

Quote:It has allowed us to streamline the club, get rid of the baggage and wasters, only Butt, Smith and Barton to go, then we will have got rid of the big earners who haven't been value for money.

Quote:I for one have at least enjoyed a fair few weekends this season even if the football hasn't been top notch, we have been winning - feels a lot better that getting gubbed week in week out.
30th March 2010 12:44 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Who knows what will happen next season mate, but I for one was gutted we went down, took a long time to get over it, have just to say now re-found my enthusiasm and delight in watching NUFC again - I praise Hughton for that, without him getting the team spirit right I am not so sure we would be in this position - I think the players really respect him.

Life needs to be happy and at the moment I am happy with it, I can see a chink of light at the end of the Chop Souey and Allarshyte induced tunnel.

Finally we are building up again.

We can only hope the progress continues - it will be a long road back, but with a commitment to investing in youth (and being a Premiership side we should be able to attract a higher standard of youth now) NUFC can embark on much happier times again.

It will be tough next year, but I don't think we will go down this time, I think we will be lower mid table and that'll do for a first season back.

From there we can start to progress again.

We need the support back on side again, St. James' needs to be a horrible nasty intimidating players for opposing teams, like it used to be - noise noise and more noise, more flag days, more games started with Danby singing and winding the fans up pre-match, more singing sections, why can't we do all this and put as much in our corner as possible when teams come here?

Let's stop being silent expectant customers and become noisy, fervent, passionate fans again, like we used to be!!

Ho'way the Toon!!!
30th March 2010 12:50 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Well m8 i would take 17th place now if it were offered just so we dont come straight back down.

I really hope for the likes of yourself and the other lads that keep going when the times are bad we do well next season, Its ok me and others moaning about what it could be like next season but we dont go anymore.

Yes iam Pessimistic but the reason is if i look on the black side of things and it goes tits up i dont feel as bad as you Optimistic chaps on here, But if it goes well i feel that much happier.
30th March 2010 12:56 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I should be an emotional wreck following the Toon, but somehow manage to keep it together.

I would say I am generally pessemistic about our prospects, but that comes down to years and years and years of let downs.

I was at my most optimistic when KK was in charge on his first adventure as manager with us - those were the heady days, that seemed like one season ran into another and it was one big high trip.

It was fucking awesome, we used to roll teams over at home and stroll into town and lord it away.

Since he left only SBR had restored our faith and we have been mismanaged by Shepherd and Ashley from the top downover for most if not all of the rest of the time since he left.

We have won fuck all in my lifetime, save the Championship in our last promotion and if you want to count some Intertoto pre-season bollocks thingy.

However, what I have seen is some of the best football I could ever imagine, tasting the title (we more or less know what it would have felt like as we were so close - probably what makes it still hurt so much now - fucking Manc bastards!), we have visited some of the most famour grounds in the world - San Siro, Olympic Stadium in Rome, Stadio Della Alpi, etc, etc and some of the less known ones Breda, Sochaux, et al.

We have played many many game in Europe and I have enjoyed almost every one of them.

So despite not winning a trophy we haven't had it too bad in recent memory.

Football has changed so much though and it is a Billionaires play thing, it is extremely hard to break that top 4 stranglehold - as Citeh and Spurs and Villa have found this last couple of seasons.

We have done that on several occasions, we are a club that could potentially do it again - not many other clubs over and above the ones mentioned and us and perhaps Everton could do it.

The Smogs and Mackems certainly couldn't and never will.

Keep the faith our time will come again.

People say we were spoilt under KK, I disagree, he showed us what we all in our hearts believed could be done, but never believed would be possible.

That is I think what has put so many off returning, they just can't accept we have fallen so far.

But think back to the late 70's and througout the 80's when NUFC were a club in demise, a club that were destined to be up and down like a yo yo and never achieve anything.

We are back there at the moment, but there still remains a chance things can improve, we have at least a manager who cares and is trying his damn hardest, an owner yes we all hate, but at least is trying to put the club on a stable financial footing and will not take no shit off agents, or invest in overpaid wasters.

He if nothing else will not suffer fools.

Let's see what happens, let's try and all play our part, let's start supporting and shouting for the team rather than turning up and expecting things to just happen.

If we are pumped up the players will be and the opposition won't know what's hit them!
30th March 2010 01:16 PM
Thread Closed