Thread Closed 
In light of all the Sunday press stories....
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

should Newcastle be making an official statement or not?

Surely rumours that Taylor has been ostracized and Carroll backed should not be just left to fester .......or have the journalists just tried to force Newcastles hand by making shite up

either way the rumours are out there and do we as fans have a right to know?

(This post was last modified: 28th March 2010 06:46 PM by McCreery.)
28th March 2010 06:41 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

I will find oot the morra, in the directors suite, don't yee worry aboot it, Ginge..
28th March 2010 06:46 PM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

Ganna ask big Mike are ya Hinky?
28th March 2010 06:48 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

* Taps Nose *
28th March 2010 06:49 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

I couldn't give a shiney shite.....it's yous nosey fuckers I was thinking of
28th March 2010 06:50 PM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

Thank him for being so honest and open with us fans since the court case, will you?
28th March 2010 06:50 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

I think the media haven't got a fucking scooby! It's my opinion that while Taylor has been injured for a big chunk of this year, Carroll has been winning games for us. It doesn't excuse the fact that he battered Taylor, but I for one believe that he'll be more important to us in the Prem than Taylor will.
28th March 2010 06:53 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

I think I've got to disagree with you on that one Lewis..........I don't particularly like either of them as characters but at least Taylor is proven in the PL
28th March 2010 06:55 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Proven? Really? He's played there that's about it. We're gonna need to score goals to stay up and I fancy Carroll to do that
28th March 2010 06:57 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

I'd love to think so
28th March 2010 06:58 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

It seems Capello rates Caroll, a future England forward will be worth more than a defender..

No Brainer..
28th March 2010 07:00 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

After seeing players like Shola and Chopra come through the ranks and not succeed I think Carroll has what it takes. He's not gonna be bullied and I think he's got what it takes to succeed.
28th March 2010 07:00 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

McCreery Wrote:I think I've got to disagree with you on that one Lewis..........I don't particularly like either of them as characters but at least Taylor is proven in the PL

the idea that any of the squad is "proven" in the Premiership is up for debate, I seem to remember we got relegated with S Taylor in the team?

People are very keen to eulogise players from last season, but at the end of the day we were relegated with a pitiable points total.
28th March 2010 07:01 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Carroll would be a great outside bet for England's world cup squad
28th March 2010 07:01 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

If Crouch gets injured, he could be in the squad, Heskey is knacked again..
28th March 2010 07:03 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Could be a great known inclusion, a relatively unknown entity, whose rough and ready style of play could intimidate some of the namby pamby defenders that will travel to the world cup.
28th March 2010 07:04 PM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:the idea that any of the squad is "proven" in the Premiership is up for debate, I seem to remember we got relegated with S Taylor in the team?

People are very keen to eulogise players from last season, but at the end of the day we were relegated with a pitiable points total.

I didn't think we would be debating the word 'proven' like...

alright then........I don't rate Taylor that highly but he has played a big part in the first team for the past 4 or 5 seasons.........Carroll was totaly innefective in the PL last season and struggled early on this one

I get the feeling Taylor could slot straight in next season at that level......I don't think Carroll could

anyhoos.....this thread wasn't about whether either is good enough......I'm just asking whether we should be told what the situation is by the club
28th March 2010 07:09 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

anyone thought the 2 might make up bearing in mind theyve both been at the club for years and must know each other

Also as a defender TAylor has the burden of knowing this clubs not produced a decent defender in years and have more often made defenders worse

on that basis Taylor could be world class elsewhere
28th March 2010 07:14 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

We should be keeping them both, assuming the 'incident' can just be accepted and forgotten, two young lads having a scrap isn't the end of the world.

As for a statement of sorts, would love to have any form of comunication from the club, it just won't happen.
28th March 2010 07:53 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

What exactly is Taylors injury as he has hardly played this season. Was it his knee?
28th March 2010 09:23 PM
LALASAM Offline

First Team Starter

I would like to keep both. I've seen a lot worse than Taylor and coupled with Enrique and Collo they are as good as most - regardless of full/right back.

A lot has always been made of our 'poor' defence but in reality is has always been a lot better than the stage managed media wankers have ever given it credit for. Even when we pissed the Premiership away to Man U we only conceeded 2 more goals.

As for Carroll - he is doing what he has always promised to do. He is getting on with his job. Many others have tried and not delivered - whatever the level. He is doing what has been asked of him - scoring goals, clearing off his line and getting stuck in.

Don't want to lose either, but would keep Carroll if I was forced into a choice.

However, if I had a daughter and one of them came sniffing, I would put them in the RVI.
28th March 2010 10:04 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I reckon if Carroll was that good the big boys would be in for him i cant see him scoring more than 10 goals next season.

Lets just say he couldnt lace Shearers boots goalscoring wise the same with Ameobi who seems to think he is the natural successor to Shearer.

We need a proper out and out striker like an Owen if thats possible now with us having a greedy Billionaire.
28th March 2010 10:39 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

How do you know the big boys haven't been sniffing around? As for him scoring 10 goals next season, a striker is only as good as the service he gets, however, I'll take that bet rotts.
29th March 2010 04:02 AM
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

McCreery Wrote:I didn't think we would be debating the word 'proven' like...

alright then........I don't rate Taylor that highly but he has played a big part in the first team for the past 4 or 5 seasons.........Carroll was totaly innefective in the PL last season and struggled early on this one

I get the feeling Taylor could slot straight in next season at that level......I don't think Carroll could

anyhoos.....this thread wasn't about whether either is good enough......I'm just asking whether we should be told what the situation is by the club

I think if it is true that taylor and carroll had a fight with taylor getting a broken jaw then both should be put up for sale at the end of the season.
There is better players than both of them out there and neither would be missed.
I dont rate carroll that highly but i have to say that you saying he was innefective in the prem is a bit harsh. i think he had 5 starts with 3 goals?
not bad for an unknown.
As far as the club i think they are handling it well
we have had our dirty laundrey on show for too long. deal with it in house and the problem can be contained
29th March 2010 07:12 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

wotsits Wrote:I dont rate carroll that highly but i have to say that you saying he was innefective in the prem is a bit harsh. i think he had 5 starts with 3 goals?
not bad for an unknown.

I've got to be totally honest here and say that I didn't realise he'd got 3 goals from 5 starts like

I'm starting to wonder why I didn't rate the lad...............at the start of this season I just saw him as this big lumbering oaf that couldn't be arsed to get into the box half the time..........he does look a different player now though so I suppose there's every chance he could make it next season if we do go up
29th March 2010 07:20 AM
wotsits Offline

Youth Team

the problem for me with carroll is he reminds me of crouch.
crouch is a fantastic player and scores shed loads of goals for club and country, but because of the way he is built he never looks like he is trying.
They both look lazy and clumsy.
with the shearers and owens of this world they run there arses off o get the ball and try and do something with it. carroll just looks like he is strolling around doing nowt.
thats my take on it anyhow!
29th March 2010 07:33 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

All I know is that Carroll appears to be the best striker we have got, and no-one wants to lose their best striker.
29th March 2010 08:04 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

To get back to the original question. I don't think the club need make a statement (A) mainly because supporters don't believe a thing that comes out of there anyway (B) Even if they do make a statement, it will just encourage the journos to make some more mischief out of it, and ©supporters will make up their own minds because of point (A). If it has been sorted 'in house', that's all that matters.
29th March 2010 09:48 AM
Thread Closed