Thread Closed 
Next Season's Fixture List
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Is it important?

Do we need an "easy" start to the season to keep the confidence going? Or do we need to get the tough games out of the way first?

Does it actually matter when we play certain teams and can the order of the fixtures give us an advantage (or disadvantage) or will it even itself out over the course of the season and the team finish wherever they deserve to finish regardless of the order?
26th March 2010 11:45 AM
Find all posts by this user
Mick Mahoney Offline

Youth Team

answered your own question there Richy and covered every possibility too,
well done Finger
26th March 2010 11:56 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

richyNUFC Wrote:Is it important?

Do we need an "easy" start to the season to keep the confidence going? Or do we need to get the tough games out of the way first?

Does it actually matter when we play certain teams and can the order of the fixtures give us an advantage (or disadvantage) or will it even itself out over the course of the season and the team finish wherever they deserve to finish regardless of the order?

I think i'd sooner play the bottom 3 than the top 3 to finish like. The start of the season always throws up fluke results, and many players from the 'big 4-5' will be coming back after a hard World Cup. It wouldn't concern me to get Man U chelski or Arse in the first couple of months, away of course, and hopefully capitalise. As for the cheezy chippers, I don't mind when we play them, i'll hate it anyway Sad
26th March 2010 12:02 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Mick Mahoney Wrote:answered your own question there Richy and covered every possibility too,
well done Finger

I haven't answered it, I'm asking if it makes a difference or if it will even itself out. Smile

I personally think it would make a difference, and that playing the "easier" sides at the start would help us carry our confidence and morale from this year into next year.

But then as Ven says, when we play the big sides towards the middle/end of the season, all that confidence will probably come straight back out of us anyway. Confused
26th March 2010 12:07 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

well sinderland had a easy start and look at them now 2 games ago there were odds on going down there start had a few easy games and fluke result against liverpool with a beach ball..
26th March 2010 12:11 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

I'd rather get every hard away game - i.e. top 4 out of the way asap.

Man U are notorious slow starters - getting them on the opening day isn't normally a bad thing.

Would like to see the easiest run in from March-May with lots of dross at home.
26th March 2010 12:29 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Burnley away

only because it wouldnt be hard and it would mean they stayed up playing the game how it should be played
26th March 2010 12:54 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

richyNUFC Wrote:I haven't answered it, I'm asking if it makes a difference or if it will even itself out. Smile

I personally think it would make a difference, and that playing the "easier" sides at the start would help us carry our confidence and morale from this year into next year.

But then as Ven says, when we play the big sides towards the middle/end of the season, all that confidence will probably come straight back out of us anyway. Confused

Look at Hull last season though....they won one game in 5 months or something.
26th March 2010 01:18 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular

I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference to be honest

you could have a difficult start with a run of 'easier' games to look forward to and then find you've got key injuries and lose them as well

you could also get a good away point the first game of the season at Old Trafford and end up being relegated

and as the old cliche goes.....there are no easy games in the Premiership

speshly for us
26th March 2010 01:21 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm scared.
26th March 2010 01:26 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

True Mc.
26th March 2010 01:26 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

LeazesLoyal Wrote:I'd rather get every hard away game - i.e. top 4 out of the way asap.

Man U are notorious slow starters - getting them on the opening day isn't normally a bad thing.

Would like to see the easiest run in from March-May with lots of dross at home.

I remember the last time we played man u 1st game of the season.....we were relegated
26th March 2010 08:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

we aren't up yet!
26th March 2010 08:25 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

we are