Thread Closed 
Info for those travelling to P'boro on the trains
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Jinkyjim Wrote:PPffftt..

Two to three hours, I know of buses that took that long to get oot the car park at Cardiff..

Big Grin

Takes that long to get out of the single carriageway paradise that is Wigan too.
25th March 2010 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

LeazesLoyal Wrote:Fucking hell.

I hate unions me - every time I listen to one of them spouting off, you can guarantee they have a Scouse accent - like that cunt running the BA strike.

The bone idle Scouse cunts - they are getting paid a fair few bob off the members to then recommend that the members down tools.

Jobs for the fucking boys to the Scousers.

They know every lazy bone idle work dodging trick in the book.

Fuck 'em give me the keys to the train I'll drive.

Bastards.

Yes I am a selfish twat who doesn't want to sit in traffic for hours on the A1 to Peterborough.

Especially with 50 mile an hour average speed cameras pissing me off into the bargain and no drink because my pre-booked train has been cancelled or turned into a free fucking bus!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Amen. I hear you brother.
25th March 2010 02:10 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

Right you cunts.

EVERYONE has the right to withdraw their labour, EVERYONE.

Steve get a grip, of course theyre going to strike at the busiest time, otherwise it would be fuckin pointless.

As an aside, although this has nothing to do with RM or me and my colleagues, this new "AGREEMENT" between RM and CWU is a fuckin joke, and despite the CWU recommending a "YES" vote, its us cunts on the frontline who'll be doing more work for LESS pay and more bullying and harrassment because people dont want to work past their finish time. So I fully expect a "NO" vote on this sham "AGREEMENT" and the threat of more strikes, hopefully before the Election. The Government can deliver their own fuckin propaganda leaflets.
25th March 2010 04:27 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

On their own head sbe it then KS.

Karma is a bitch put it that way.
25th March 2010 05:00 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

Why blame the strikers??

Why not blame the idiot managers who let it get this far???
25th March 2010 05:06 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

The Steve Wrote:If the tracks are that bad, have a pissing meeting with Mr. RMT and raise your concerns. As if going on strike is going to make them sit up and give them some extra money to fix the tracks and pay them extra.

If the world worked like that then they wouldn't be going on strike.

In the aftermath of the inquiry of the Paddington train crash, the part of the track where the train jumped a red light was shown to have been flagged up for critical maintenance for months before the accident. What happened was due to the glorious Thatcherite notions of private ownership, maintenance of the track had been sub contracted out sixteen times over. No one even knew who was responsible for it anymore, and the best part was it got sub contracted to the point where it ended up with the original contractors anyway!

So clearly the management don't give a flying fuck about the safety of passengers or workers, and yet again it's the workers who have to point out the responsibilities of an incompetent and unaccountable management.
25th March 2010 05:35 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Perhaps so, but at the end of the day if they think striking is going to change any of this then they are surely mistaken.

Everywhere is underfunded...everywhere. I don't doubt there is work that needs to be done across the network, but if they think they are kidding me (and anyone else for that matter) that this is the sole reason for striking and it isn't for their own selfish needs then they are sadly mistaken.
25th March 2010 06:33 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Thatcher couldn't have put it better herself.
25th March 2010 06:51 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

Steve, you'll never understand the need to go to industrial action. Its a last resort. No-one wants to strike not one single person. But bad management often leaves you with nowhere else to go. Obviously your company is ran with decent managers who wouldn't dare ask you to work a minute over your time, wouldn't refuse to listen to your concerns, wouldn't bully and harass you to meet impossible deadlines they set and wouldn't ask you to take on more work for less pay. Welcome to the modernised RM.
25th March 2010 08:08 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Has striking worked for RM Al?
25th March 2010 10:28 PM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

King Sentinel I Wrote:Welcome to the modernised RM.
Mind you, it hasn't been marketed that well. Stir
25th March 2010 10:31 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

The Steve Wrote:Has striking worked for RM Al?

Of course it has worked, on many occasions they've said they're not negotiating, its their way or no way, so out we go. Lo and behold after a few days strike action they're back at the table negotiating.

In all agreements we've came out the other side, we've got what we wanted for the most part, and they've got what they wanted.

Unfortunately, this time around, after being out on strike the union have addressed NONE of our concerns from last year, everything in the "Agreement" is vague and none of the questions about it that have been posed, can be answered.

Questions like:

What does "unlimited delivery span" mean? Dont know.
What will happen when posties bring mail back at their finish time? Dont know.
What about people with childcare issues? Dont know.
How will the deliveries be redesigned? Dont know.

You see a pattern?

Add to that a pay CUT and the fact the lump sums they are talking about are OWED to us anyway through phantom shares they gave us in 2007, you can see why many will vote no.

We didnt go on strike about money in the first place, now they've made it about money.

When asked about what would happen should this sham agreement get a NO vote, the answer was "There is no Plan B".

So I take that as meaning if it gets a NO vote, we'll be out this year.
26th March 2010 03:51 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

The Steve Wrote:Striking cunts...they had better not, it's going to fuck things aup for a lot of people who have got nothing to do with their stupid little dispute.

Sick and tired of these militant bastards holding everyone to ransom.

i work for network rail and i will be on strike if it does actually go ahead.

now if you actually knew why the strike was called i'd be impressed.

no one wants to strike as we lose pay.

do some reseach as to why we are possibly striking - or failing that just ask me.
26th March 2010 04:36 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Rod100 Wrote:i work for network rail and i will be on strike if it does actually go ahead.

now if you actually knew why the strike was called i'd be impressed.

no one wants to strike as we lose pay.

do some reseach as to why we are possibly striking - or failing that just ask me.

Mate of mine who I see at the match, works from Morpeth for NR, and some of the stuff he told me was mind boggling. Penny pinching is understating it.
26th March 2010 05:49 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

its not just that ven, there's a small matter of draconian changes to our t's and c's - never mind the safety aspects.

anyways for 'the steve' here's a few of the more choice things they expect us to sign up to

1) work 65 weekend shifts - down from 91 lol; these can be friday night, sat day, sat night, sun day and sun night. the fact that we only ever work sat or sun night means that people will have to work nigh on every sat night for a year. at present we can only work a max of 32 sat nights or a total of 40 weekend shifts.
2) 26 weeks of nights minimum. we can currently be rostered a max of 12 for the year.
3) minimum shift length 6 hours. it is now 7 and a half. this means for our 13 week roster we will actually be in work many more days ie every 4 days in they get a 'free' day off us.
4) 24hours notice to change from days to nights and vice versa.
5) if we are rostered a saturday night, we receive 2 rest days the following week to compensate eg the monday and tuesday. when you think anbout it its fair as we cant do a great deal on the saturday (no drink etc) and we finish 8am sunday - so knackered. they want to only give us the one rest day.
6) weekend working rates down to time and 10% - down from time and 1/2.
7) midweek nights the same rate as days.

im not sure when they expect families to have to family time like.

and they offered a cash incentive of £750 to take them up! maybe £400 after tax.

coupled to the fact that they have re-written my engineering standards so that we dont have to inspect as often as we have done it is a recipe for disaster.

now 'the steve' - if you dont think the above is cause for industrial action - the unions have tried to talk but the majority of the time NR havent bohtered to turn up - then we are indeed militant.

there are many other things they want to change too - the above is a precis of the one's that you will empathise with as we all have to work.

finally, all this crack of signallers on £50 or 70k p/a for a 3 day week is absolute bollocks. they do 3 12hr days and work OT on their days off; they may reach those figures but their working 7 days a week for it.
(This post was last modified: 26th March 2010 07:01 PM by Rod100.)
26th March 2010 06:59 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

King Sentinel I Wrote:.
What will happen when posties bring mail back at their finish time?

Just hoy it under a hedge like we all used to de with the free newspapers.
26th March 2010 07:35 PM
Thread Closed