Thread Closed 
Jonas
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Jonas

For what he lacks in crossing and goals, he certainly makes up for in graft and taking the pressure off, especially away from home.

Could do with the Argies having a mare in the summer, becuase we need to keep the likes of Spidermag.
23rd March 2010 08:14 PM
Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Jonas

He allover the shop and playing well tracking back and going foward..

so far so good...
23rd March 2010 08:15 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Jonas

He's done it since he got here...got some unfair stick in his time here if you ask me.
24th March 2010 12:34 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Jonas

Poor game last night, but there were a few times that we managed to get the ball to him from there corners and he just ran the ball out of danger.

He actually managed to run the length of the pitch and win us a corner from one of their corners at one point.
24th March 2010 11:49 AM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Jonas

He is very frustrating to watch.

He could be so much better - I put this down to the manager not being able to direct him and channel his abilities more.

I mean it surely wouldn't take much to say "Jonas when you see that net held up by the two white sticks, can you take your right foot and lace it through the ball please, just a little more often, cheers"
24th March 2010 01:50 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Jonas

You're blaming Jonas's lack of goals on Hughton?

There's only so much a manager can do without physically pulling his leg back and striking the ball.
24th March 2010 01:51 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Jonas

LeazesLoyal Wrote:He is very frustrating to watch.

He could be so much better - I put this down to the manager not being able to direct him and channel his abilities more.

I mean it surely wouldn't take much to say "Jonas when you see that net held up by the two white sticks, can you take your right foot and lace it through the ball please, just a little more often, cheers"

Both Hughton and Gutierrez have both said they'd like him to score more goals, so I do think it is something they're working on.

I've noticed him shooting more often this season, although I can't remember him having a shot last night, but last night he had a pretty average game all round, didn't quite get into it, especially in the second half - seemed to miss having a full back overlapping him.

Anyway, 3 goals this season is already an improvement on last year - he's getting there Big Grin
24th March 2010 01:53 PM
hayzie Offline

Youth Team
Jonas

like so many of our foreign wingers in recent years, frustrating as fuck. can show flashes of brilliance when he wants and then 5 mins later gives the ball away or runs it out

needs to learn how to hit the deck from a foul too, cant see many prem refs buying half the free kicks he has won us this season
24th March 2010 01:53 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Jonas

The manager should be directing the players and trying to improve their weak areas.

That is what all good managers do - Wenger is a wizard at it, turned Henry from winger to World Class striker.

Hughton is a good man manager and motivator from what I can see, but he is no tactical genius and I doubt very much if he can improve player's that much.

Jonas has the right attributes but too many times tries to take too many players on or beat his man too many times before delivering a telling cross or having a shot.

Why can't they use training sessions for shooting practise?
24th March 2010 01:54 PM
Thread Closed