Thread Closed 
Darlo
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Darlo

Anybody feel sorry for them? An ex-boss of mine will be doing cartwheels, as he's a Hartlepool fanatic, but it seems they're suffering from the incompetance and hubris of George Reynolds. Another manager sacked today. I think they'll do ok in the conference and it might be the best thing that's happened to them. As ever, it's the supporters I feel sorry for tbh. I feel blessed i've never supported a team owned/run by an arrogant fuckwit who knows fuck all about the game, and who's incompetance is relegating the team. Rolleyes
22nd March 2010 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Darlo

Should never have left Feethams - used to be good atmosphere in the Tin Shed on a big cup night.

Remember being there for a match they had in the FA Cup against Cambridge, they would have played Man City or Millwall in the next round.

Official crowd was 9,000+, there were at least 11,000 there - loads just climbed over the fence and in - I may or may not have been one of them ahem!!
22nd March 2010 01:41 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Darlo

Venegoor Wrote:Anybody feel sorry for them? An ex-boss of mine will be doing cartwheels, as he's a Hartlepool fanatic, but it seems they're suffering from the incompetance and hubris of George Reynolds. Another manager sacked today. I think they'll do ok in the conference and it might be the best thing that's happened to them. As ever, it's the supporters I feel sorry for tbh. I feel blessed i've never supported a team owned/run by an arrogant fuckwit who knows fuck all about the game, and who's incompetance is relegating the team. Rolleyes

The plan at the beginning of the season, with them putting a load of random trialists and loanees together, was for them to battle bravely against relegation, but in the fear of going down, also prepare a side that would compete in the conference next season.

I thought with Staunton in charge they had a good setup to bounce straight back and can't understand why they sacked him. Confused
29th March 2010 12:53 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Darlo

My wife is from Darlington and her brother is a big fan. Hope they sort it out. Went to a match a couple of years ago. Nice ground, shame they can't afford it!
29th March 2010 01:02 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team
Darlo

Venegoor Wrote:Anybody feel sorry for them? An ex-boss of mine will be doing cartwheels, as he's a Hartlepool fanatic, but it seems they're suffering from the incompetance and hubris of George Reynolds. Another manager sacked today. I think they'll do ok in the conference and it might be the best thing that's happened to them. As ever, it's the supporters I feel sorry for tbh. I feel blessed i've never supported a team owned/run by an arrogant fuckwit who knows fuck all about the game, and who's incompetance is relegating the team. Rolleyes

fuck em
29th March 2010 09:59 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Darlo

Big Grin
30th March 2010 06:55 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Darlo

i cut my teeth in football at Feethams, my grandad and Mr Palmer took me to see some of the worst games ive had seen, god rest their souls

in amongst them were some classics, 6-2 against Workington comes to mind, a dentist called Lance something as striker . losing 2-1 i thin to everton in the cup

switching ends at half time and if it was truly awful, watching the cricket next door

if you want to blame anyone for their demise the council have to shoulder some of the blame they have constantly refused to allow concerts and other uses for the ground
(This post was last modified: 30th March 2010 08:00 PM by tino.)
30th March 2010 07:38 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Darlo

Quote:An ex-boss of mine will be doing cartwheels, as he's a Hartlepool fanatic

Think he should be worrying about his own club as they aint far off the drop.
30th March 2010 07:46 PM
Thread Closed