Thread Closed 
Over to you NUSC.
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Quick to criticise and slow to praise. In the eyes of NUSC Ashley can do no right… well that’s what I’m still picking up loud and clear. NUSC seem to have have created such a negative belief system about Ashley that everything he does must seemingly fit irrespective of the positive evolution that is beginning to emerge.

The fact is he is turning this club away from perilous ruin and overspend into a viable business. A club with a poor youth development record into a force at under 18 level.
So where do NUSC stand when it comes to praising the positives and persuading the fans that they were in some part too quick to jump to damning conclusions about his intentions for a club he clearly loves.

We need a supporters club without bias except towards the team and not a politically motivated lynch mob hell bent on one man’s condemnation and removal. So NUSC…where do you stand now? What positives are you going to speak of at your next meeting about a club moving into a better financial position with a sound youth policy a good team and a good manager, frozen season ticket prices, a sensible wage cap, a commitment to scouting real talent and an end to the era of the agent. If you truly are the new independent fan club of Newcastle United then it is time to represent everyone of us isn’t it?

You NUSC just like I and many others howled like wolves at the demise of Keegan and wrote reams and reams of air rending damnation towards the Ashley regime with their lies sex and videotapes. I walked with the banners before the Hull game and made my protest… BUT…. that’s all in the past…

Right now I want to make my peace as I am more than happy with recent events (and admissions)
I want to enjoy supporting a club not the circus… let the big top roll into Anfield or the City of Mancs.

NUSC… your silence is at the moment as deafening now as was Llambias and Ashley’s back then.
Are you I wonder going to (via the fanzines that you employed during the anti-Ashley campaign) discourage that overused and devisive ditty from being sung? Are you going to be urging fans to get behind Mike and Derek and buy the merchandise again and support the business? Are you pointing out good portents and reasons for positivity. Or are you still hell bent on there being only one solution according to your brochure that I have just re-read and that is to get rid of Ashley?

Isn’t it time to get the foundations laid for a new bridge?
I think it’s springtime for Newcastle United … and I for one feel very very positive… so here goes…
Well done Mike… fancy a pint m8 it’s my round?

Can we not succeed with Mike in charge then?
Answers on a postcard…
Over to you NUSC…
22nd March 2010 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

NE1 Wrote:Isn’t it time to get the foundations laid for a new bridge?
I think it’s springtime for Newcastle United … and I for one feel very very positive… so here goes…
Well done Mike… fancy a pint m8 it’s my round?

Can we not succeed with Mike in charge then?
Answers on a postcard…
Over to you NUSC…

Bit early for that sort of crack like.

We have a MASSIVE summer ahead of us, we are still just as likely (if not more so) to see Hughton walk on September 1st for being hoodwinked just as Keegan was in 2008 than we are to see sensible but ambitious moves made in the transfer market.

Had we been taken over at the end of last season, and the new regime conducted themselves as Ashley & Co have this year, then I cant imagine there would be a single fan not happy with they was we were going.

Given its the same gang of lying cockney bastards, they have to go the extra mile (or 100 miles) just to be reluctantly accepted now.
22nd March 2010 11:17 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Over to you NUSC.

They will never be accepted
22nd March 2010 11:18 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Lucian Wrote:They will never be accepted

Perhaps not.

But I think it will be accepted that they are here, given there is no other option, if things are going well on the pitch.
22nd March 2010 11:20 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Over to you NUSC.

I am with you ne1 on this but i need to see some sort of ambition in the summer transfer window, to be totally apeased.
22nd March 2010 11:30 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Over to you NUSC.

Whilst I'm pleased to see someone stand up for the owner, if only because of the guiness spitting apoplexy it will cause in Viana, I have to respectfully disagree.

The NUSC are still representing the vast majority of Newcastle fans, in that the vast majority of Newcastle fans are equally indifferent to any successes or positive moves Ashley and co might make, because of their appalling record of lies and incompetence.

As Sal says, a proportion of our fans might come round, given time and evidence of a real and sustained shift in policy from Ashley, but there are a significant number - several who post on here - who would not care if Ashley emptied his bank account into the club's coffers, offered his daughter's virtue as win bonuses to the players and brought every single piece of silverware available back to SJP consistently for decades. As far as they are concerned, that first year of incompetent management and outright lies to try and excuse their actions are inexcusable and can never be forgiven.

From my point of view, his attitude and plan has not significantly changed from the one we decried in the premiership - we still have a small squad, we still buy young players for tomorrow rather than established stars, and we still have a manager who was the cheapest option rather than the best man for the job.

All of this is fine and dandy for a Championship club, or even for a lower tier premier club, but not for a club with ambitions to return to the dizzying heights of the premiership elite and European competition. As far as I can tell Ashley hasn't changed his spots, it's just that he, like so many of our journeymen cloggers, has found his level. I fear he, and they, will be found out next year.
22nd March 2010 11:31 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

i would put money on us never qualifying for Europe under this regime
22nd March 2010 11:41 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Over to you NUSC.

Quite a few people put money on us being relegated twice under this regime, and claimed that odds of 9/2 for us to be promoted first time were ridiculously short.

I'd go so far as to say that quite a few people who would put money on football haven't actually got a scooby doo.
22nd March 2010 11:43 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Quote:All of this is fine and dandy for a Championship club, or even for a lower tier premier club, but not for a club with ambitions to return to the dizzying heights of the premiership elite and European competition. As far as I can tell Ashley hasn't changed his spots, it's just that he, like so many of our journeymen cloggers, has found his level. I fear he, and they, will be found out next year.

Spot on
22nd March 2010 11:45 AM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

ashley out!
22nd March 2010 11:47 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Well not only would I forgive them all, I would buy them a pint and invite them round mine for tea should they go and sign Messi, Rooney & whoever gets the WC golden boot in the summer.
22nd March 2010 11:55 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Over to you NUSC.

still far to early for me to have a change of opinion of m ashley. ok we have done remarkably well this season thus far but i think it is a combination of c hughton's ability to galvanise the squad and the squad's decision to fight for every game and get there head's down rather than anything ashley has done.
ok he sanctioned a few signing's in january, but this is something that would have been done regardless imo.

the fact he has put more money in to keep us afloat is basically protecting his investment and nothing more at this stage. something any owner would have had to do.
if he sanction's some decent signing's in the close season and i see a proper attempt to give the prem a decent shot then maybe i will see him in a different light but at this moment in time he has done nothing to change my mind.
when i say decent signing's i dont mean hollywood keegan type signing's, i simply mean player's of the quality to not only keep us in the prem but to give us a chance to progress from being also rans to a team/squad with a modicum of ambition, to be able to compete with the top ten teams in the prem and not to be fighting for survival every game and treading water to just keep up with the hull's and blackburns of this world.
22nd March 2010 11:58 AM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

Over to you NUSC.

Once we`re getting battered and humiliated every week next season the `few` that`s warming to him will be on his Back next season. The Man is a Cunt. It`s just lucky for him that football is fucked at the moment. It`s the perfect excuse for him not spending a Penny and lack of ambition. Sadly from now on Newcastle United will be a Stoke, Bolton, Hull etc who just want to avoid relegation. Back to the McKeag era I`m afraid.
Ashley has told so many fucking Lies and caused so many fuck ups that I find it astonishing that anyone could praise him in the slightest.
The Bloke is a Piss Head & a compulsive Gambler, he gets his little Spiv to streak across our pitch for a laugh etc. Everything he does has a lack of class.
I hope he fucking dies tomorrow to be honest.

Yes Shepherd was a Cunt we all know that but this fucking Idiot has absolutely desecrated us in a very very short space of time.

ASHLEY OUT!
22nd March 2010 12:04 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Cracking post Jason
22nd March 2010 12:09 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Over to you NUSC.

Whilst accepting what NE1 says, Ashley righting HIS wrongs doesn't mean we have to scatter scented rose petals at his feet, as Llambiastard is suggesting. This is the man who bought the club with the same attitude, a charva lottery winner would when buying a new car. He then compounded that by making mistake after mistake, leaking lies to favoured journalists, and had the humiliation of virtually being laughed out of an employment tribunal. He claimed, unsubstantiated, that his family where at risk from thuggish Newcastle supporters. He paid off a patsy of a front man (Barry Moat) to try and flog us to any old shyster with money on the hip, he couldn't even do that.
Next we have the shaming of the club by changing the renaming of the ground for a relatively few measley quid.
The time he will be judged best is next season (assuming promotion), when his seeming desire to have us back among the big hitters, will be tested to the full. If he wants to stop employing ageing wasters on big fat contracts, then fine, even his detractors would side with him on that, but distasteful though it is, if we want to build a squad to challenge for Europe, then you need either to:

Employ another Arsene Wenger to spot, and nurture young players cheaply
or
Employ a managert who can attract the players who can fulfill his apparent dream. I suspect Hughton is not that man.
I don't think it matters really, in the great scheme of things, what the NUSC think. Laudable though their aims, I cannot see them generating the money to challenge even Ashley, never mind take the club forward.
As with the team, i'm not even thinking seriously about next season yet, that time will come. For the moment I accept that Ashley will still be in charge, as will Hughton, but we'll see on that one. I'm buggered if i'm going to spoil the best fettle i've been in for seasons, just so I can worry about what might, or might not happen next season.
22nd March 2010 12:11 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Over to you NUSC.

What does this complete disaster of a man have to do to get the clubs support to turn on him, i mean he has tried everything.

Taking the piss out of two of the clubs greatest legends
Fearing for his kids and his own safety if they attended the match
Appointing Dennis Wise and Joe Fucking Kinnear
Turning the stadium's name into a email address
Appointing Dennis Wise and Joe Fucking Kinnear

Oh and Relegation.
22nd March 2010 01:02 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Over to you NUSC.

I think Ashley burnt his bridges long ago.

The negatives far out way the positives with the bloke and the only reason we are not currently in administration is he is the only large creditor that we owe money to.

He as far as I can see has no long term game plan and he will spend the minimum required in the summer to hopefully allow Chris Hughton to take us to the dizzy heights of 17th in the Premier League by next May.

It would take a monumental change in his spending habits and decision making for any chance of him being extended an olive branch from the vast majority of the support, who continued to sing "We don't Care about Ashley, he don't care about me, all we care about is NUFC" on Saturday evening.

Nah, sorry in my eyes the bloke has created this mess and has done the bare minimum required to protect his investment - that is all he is interested in, not the long term future of NUFC.

He has slashed the wage bill got rid of loyal staff in the minor jobs within the club, he has reduced our debt and transfered most of it to himself now.

However, he has been shown to be a liar, has not a first clue about how to run a football club and we will get our rude awakening next season.

It's funny isn't it how fans can see the inevitable coming and the so called experts either running the club or writing absolute shyte in the papers can't.

I predicted we would go straight back up and said this league is fucking shyte and here we are in Mid March sitting pretty at the top of a joke of a league - too good for it, but also too shyte to finish anywhere above perhaps 15th in the Premier League.

Next season will be one hard slog.

The shining lights I can see - Enrique, Collocini, Guttierez (slowly bu surely starting to be more positive in the opposition half) and Carroll (he could be some player if he knuckled down and worked harder).

Will they be enough to keep us up??

Can't believe we have signed Leon Best (sorry but he is fucking shyte) and we've given him a 3 year contract.

The future looks bleak to me under Ashley's regime, I genuinely hope I am proved wrong - but I am going to enjoy the rest of this season, as I think it will be the last one I enjoy for a while.

Bring on the fight for 17th next season - can't fucking wait!!

Thanks a lot Mike, you really have done a wonderful job - I particularly enjoyed the bit where we were relegated, that was a real piece of ingenuity from you.

Not to mention fucking KK and Shearer over, keep up the good work.
22nd March 2010 01:07 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Over to you NUSC.

22nd March 2010 01:12 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

I'm starting to care less and less about the whole situation

this season was meant to be a complete disaster but I've enjoyed it more than I have for years

That doesn't mean I'm letting Ashley off the hook or owt....it just means that I've realised it's not that important to me to be succesfull

(This post was last modified: 22nd March 2010 04:39 PM by McCreery.)
22nd March 2010 02:33 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Over to you NUSC.

Sort of where I'm at, McCreery - I remember my happy old days when, as a junior supporter, I had no idea who our chairman was, never mind whether they were any good.

And this season i've discovered that I actually still don't care. Maybe that's me perpetuating our current downward spiral through ignorance, but from where I'm standing we appear to be heading back upward. Maybe it's the old "dead cat bounce", but right now MA and his cronies only impinge on my consciousness when you lot bring them up to me.

Other than that, I'm quite happy, and am blissfully ignoring the looming disaster of next season.

I guess it's the same story as the politicians - after expending a lot of emotion and energy hating Fat Freddie/Mrs Thatcher we go and end up with someone just as bad in Fat Mike/Blair-Brown. They're all as bad as each other and I've lost the willingness to care.

Which may not be where Mc is at all, come to think of it.
22nd March 2010 02:39 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

you lost me at 'impinge on my consciousness' mate:o
22nd March 2010 02:43 PM
Jinkyjim Online

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

I blame Keegan mesell like, if he hadn't come along and made us a winning side playing lovely football, none of this would bother us...
22nd March 2010 02:55 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter
Over to you NUSC.

I know fancy winning 17 out of 19 home games in the top flight.

Bloody do gooder!Wink
22nd March 2010 03:06 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

LeazesLoyal Wrote:I know fancy winning 17 out of 19 home games in the top flight.

Bloody do gooder!Wink

Aye but according to the press he quite 6 times during that run
22nd March 2010 04:14 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Over to you NUSC.

well, quite
22nd March 2010 04:15 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Jesus have you short term memory loss NE1.

Before we all go sucking Ashley off lets just wait and see what he does in the transfer window. You'll soon start yer bitchin when he sells the family silver and replaces them with Matalan chintz.

Trust this man at your peril.
22nd March 2010 04:15 PM
ToonArmy1892 Online

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

at the moment i'm just enjoying us being top and will enjoy the summer knowing we are back in the big time.. and as for next season... err i will think about it on the day of the first game! gonna be a scrap.
22nd March 2010 04:38 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Over to you NUSC.

as soon as well lose a few PL games, the people who dont criticise ashley will soon change their ways after a few defeats.

all is rosey in the garden apparently now, that will quickly change with a few defeats as this season as shown
22nd March 2010 10:28 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Over to you NUSC.

Dont worry, Hughtons holding Best back so he can take the Premier League by storm

by December we will be fighting off bids from Chelsea and ManU

Hes too old for Arsenal
22nd March 2010 10:32 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Over to you NUSC.

yeah hes saving his goals for next season
22nd March 2010 10:34 PM
Thread Closed