The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
Ratings from Saturday

22nd March 2010 09:20 AM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Ratings from Saturday

Il give it a quick rundown from what my opinion was....

Harper 6

Gifted them the first goal can’t really have too much to blame for the second because most keepers wouldn’t have got anywhere near Maynard’s effort!

Simpson 6

Was average! He backs off when under pressure, didn’t close the ball down when Maynard scored he just backed off allowing the striker the option, otherwise Maynard had no other options, also offers no overlap to the wide player when down the flank second half Jonas did everything for him going forward,

Hall 6.5

Was pretty solid and helped prevent us from going into deeper embarrassment with his goal line clearance,
pity we have picked up yet another defective injury!

Colo 6.5

Thought he did pretty well always around to win the headers, Made some decent challenges.

Enrique 7.5

Was solid at the back can see now why they nick named him the Bull in Spain because he was determined no one was going to win the ball back from him, quick got forward and supported the wide player, can see why he got the man of the match much deserved one of the players who worked hard both halves, still needs to watch his offside’s can often be the one caught keeping players onside!

Jonas 7.5

Jonas would have been my man of the match but for his awful first half display, first half he was not in the game, he bottled challenges gave the ball away and looked frustrated, don't know what was said at half time but he came out a different player switched flanks and ran riot on Bristol defenders, skinned about five or six players, was quick and clever to spot the error which helped him score, showed composure to go round the keeper and score, overall was a different animal second half.

Guthrie 6.5

Not a massive deal to say did well with his set pieces corners etc, doesn’t have a huge role in the defensive side of his game but still gave an ok display!

Nolan 6.5

Seemed a little off, missed a really great chance with a header you would normally expect him to put away, got stuck in never the less,

Routledge 6.5

Again like Jonas had a poor first half only real thing he can take from this is the assist to Carroll’s goal, I find he likes to keep hold of the ball far too long, never seems to want to pass or play the easy ball looks to dribble and take players on, can be frustrating to watch!

Best 5.5

Best limited himself to one chance and sadly it was tipped over otherwise he could have been off the mark finally! With Lovenkrands Carroll & Ameobi coming back feel he will slip out of the pecking order, I still feel Ranger has more to offer than Best.

Carroll 7.0
Andy did well and got the job done in the end, I admire his determination he's a fighter and will chase back and get the ball, He can win defensive headers and did well linking midfield with attack, (glad he got his goal)

Kadar 6.5

Kadar was involved in the winning half for us! and when we were down was trying to test the keeper, his long range effort tipped away; very good prospect

Probably fair enough like.
22nd March 2010 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed