First Team Regular
I have to admit it, Viana was right.

yis
21st March 2010 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

well there's those that do and those that want to and those that think they do and those that want to but can't and those that never will.

Or something. Big Grin
21st March 2010 12:49 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Best will be sold in thr summer if we go up, MA will make a little proit and he will be happy

at the end of the day if signing another striker motivates ours to score goals its good business
21st March 2010 04:11 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:I get the impression he is a little overawed playing for the mighty NUFC. It is a big step up for the lad, and we could be saying exactly the same thing about Beckford if he signed.

The problem he has is that he has had to prove himself ver quickly in a winning side.

If I am being honest I was ultra critical of Carroll earlier in the season and am happy to eat my words, yum yum yum. So the idea that someone suddenly goes from a player who can find the net 10 times in the first half of a season like Best to a waster is probably a bit harsh.

wether he'll hack it in the Prem is another kettle of fish.

I agree. He hasn't exactly had much playing time and while he is obviously nothing special, I don't think he's had a chance to prove he'd do just as good a job as Carroll.
24th March 2010 11:56 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

richyNUFC Wrote:I agree. He hasn't exactly had much playing time and while he is obviously nothing special, I don't think he's had a chance to prove he'd do just as good a job as Carroll.

Nah, he's shite. Bottled 2 or 3 one-on-ones with keepers, and disappears without trace. You'd have thought he'd be busting a gut to make an impression, but seems happy to let Carroll do all the Donkey work. No improvement on Shola.
24th March 2010 01:23 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Venegoor Wrote:Nah, he's shite. Bottled 2 or 3 one-on-ones with keepers, and disappears without trace. You'd have thought he'd be busting a gut to make an impression, but seems happy to let Carroll do all the Donkey work. No improvement on Shola.

Against Bristol City there was a one on one where he could have shot but didn't, then there was the one that was well blocked, then the header that was well saved.

I'm not saying he isn't shite, he might be, I'm just saying I'll give him a bit more time to prove himself.
24th March 2010 01:27 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

richyNUFC Wrote:Against Bristol City there was a one on one where he could have shot but didn't, then there was the one that was well blocked, then the header that was well saved.

I'm not saying he isn't shite, he might be, I'm just saying I'll give him a bit more time to prove himself.

Oh i'll give him time to prove he isn't as shite as he is now Smile
24th March 2010 01:32 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Venegoor Wrote:Nah, he's shite. Bottled 2 or 3 one-on-ones with keepers, and disappears without trace. You'd have thought he'd be busting a gut to make an impression, but seems happy to let Carroll do all the Donkey work. No improvement on Shola.

don't forget he set up Carroll for that equaliser with a decent cross. I can't imagine the likes of Shola, Ranger or Harewood managing that.
24th March 2010 08:13 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:don't forget he set up Carroll for that equaliser with a decent cross. I can't imagine the likes of Shola, Ranger or Harewood managing that.

No indeed, they were probably too busy actually scoring.
24th March 2010 08:22 PM
Thread Closed