Thread Closed 
2 down and playing like cunts
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Still thinks it takes wor team to get a goal down before there start playing away from home..

carnt get my head around it tbf 2nd half was different and yes best should of scored in the 1st half

2nd half he did have a cracking header but still i wait in judgement...
20th March 2010 08:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Could be true m8 but he was on the bench so if he is good enough to be on the bench he should be good enough to come on.

Unless he is only on the bench because of an emergency.
20th March 2010 08:05 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

I wonder if Barton was fit Best wouldnt have been playing because id sooner see Nolan upfront with Carroll than Best.
20th March 2010 08:06 PM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

Best was utter crap. Telepathic understanding with Carroll (by letter to Mystic Meg). Shame Ranger wasn't given a chance as he couldn't have done any worse.
20th March 2010 08:33 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Very much a game of two halfs but thought our second half display was great today.
20th March 2010 10:24 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Do folks actually watch the game, or the vidi printer????

Fucking hell, the first goal was a rare spill from harper, the second was a one in a hundred strike from a player that will NEVER score a goal like that again, the fact that he nearly died of sheer shock and joy says as much.

Whether Hughton is good enough or not, in whoevers opinion, tonight he didnt panick, and stuck with the side that was clearly better than the opponents, regardless of the scoreline, and came away with a CRACKING result, says enough for me.

Our away record has been questionable, so fucking what, yet again we have came away from a dodgy old fixture with a point, where others (the brazilians who are still behind us) have been fucking beaten.

Wake up folks, we arent going to bring in Guus Hiddink, nor are we going to open a golden warchest of transfer funds, we are what we are, and we have what we have. How many of the worlds 'greats' would have racked up as many points as Hughton has done so far??? I would say fucking none.
21st March 2010 12:29 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Great post Sal.Smile
21st March 2010 12:48 AM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

Spot on Sal. I was at the match and the difference in class was obvious throughout. I don't think I've ever been at a match where I've thought "we're not going to loose this" even 2-0 down at half time. When Guti woke up in the second half I honestly thought we were going to win it - we were sat looking across the line of their back four and they were all over the shop and panicking. Live TV invariably ball-watches and doesn't see the bigger picture.

Apart from the fumble, Harper was solid.

Enrique, Colo and even One-size looked more than capable of dealing with whatever was thrown a them although Simpson did give cause for concern. Kadar looked solid enough when he came on.

Routledge and Guti ran them ragged and Nolan and Guthrie did enough.

Carroll is starting to look the business and wasn't getting caught offside a-la-Stroler but the other one is Best forgotten.

Having watched West Brom's match, despite their current better form in the Championship, if I was a fan I would be concerned about how their defence would cope in the Premiership. The two goals we leaked were unfortunate. The two goals they leaked were crap defending. How many times have the Championship winners done worse in the Premiership than the team that came second?
21st March 2010 10:14 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

rotti Wrote:Roberto Di Matteo TM

You reckon Di Matteo is a better manager than Hughton? On what basis? That his team are second in the league, playing nice football but still prone to lose matches on the odd occasion?
21st March 2010 10:20 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Lets see peoples reactions to hughton next season if things go wrong. Sal its ok saying it was a cracking result but i bet you were going off it when we were 2-0 down. Aye it was a cracking result considering we were 2-0 down but surely you are a little concerned to what it will be like next season against teams like manure/arsenal/chelsea/liverpool, do you honestly think we would come back from being 2-0 down to these teams would we fuck.

I suppose we should all enjoy this season regardless because next season is going to be fucking horrendous as Ashley aint going to spend money on good players, and this team as it stands is not good enough to stay in the premier league, that is not being pessimistic its a reality.
21st March 2010 10:25 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Steve everyone knows we have the best players in this league i think if Di Matteo had this set of players they would be promoted now.
21st March 2010 10:26 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I was gutted when the second went in, but I certainly wasn't going offit, and at half time had even commented that it wasn't over and we have been the better side.

The effort was there from the players too, I really don't get why they were being slated.

We will get pummled by the teams you mentioned rotti, it's a good job there are 15 other teams to play next season otherwise we would be relegated already.

As for the baffling not making of changes - who should have come on??? There was only really Ranger there to throw in, or pancake, neither of whom have covered themselves in glory so far.
21st March 2010 10:34 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

rotti Wrote:Steve everyone knows we have the best players in this league i think if Di Matteo had this set of players they would be promoted now.

But on what basis? He's not exactly got massive credentials.
21st March 2010 10:36 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Steve everyone knows we have the best players in this league i think if Di Matteo had this set of players they would be promoted now.

Of course it could also be argued, that brom have the second best set of players in the league....
21st March 2010 10:37 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

If you believe what everyone says they're apparently a better side than us.
21st March 2010 10:39 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Sal Wrote:Do folks actually watch the game, or the vidi printer????

Fucking hell, the first goal was a rare spill from harper, the second was a one in a hundred strike from a player that will NEVER score a goal like that again, the fact that he nearly died of sheer shock and joy says as much.

Whether Hughton is good enough or not, in whoevers opinion, tonight he didnt panick, and stuck with the side that was clearly better than the opponents, regardless of the scoreline, and came away with a CRACKING result, says enough for me.

Our away record has been questionable, so fucking what, yet again we have came away from a dodgy old fixture with a point, where others (the brazilians who are still behind us) have been fucking beaten.

Wake up folks, we arent going to bring in Guus Hiddink, nor are we going to open a golden warchest of transfer funds, we are what we are, and we have what we have. How many of the worlds 'greats' would have racked up as many points as Hughton has done so far??? I would say fucking none.

Absolutely spot on.
21st March 2010 11:32 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:Wake up folks, we arent going to bring in Guus Hiddink, nor are we going to open a golden warchest of transfer funds, we are what we are, and we have what we have

But will you be saying this next season Sal. Surely this season is virtually finished should we not be concerned with this exact thing for next season.
21st March 2010 11:36 AM
DUMFRIESGEORDIE Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Venegoor Wrote:Absolutely spot on.

best post in ages.
21st March 2010 11:38 AM
Thread Closed