Thread Closed 
Overheard at SJP (Pre-match or in the pubs)
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

I nicked this from NO, and thought it would be canny on here cos you lot are really seasoned fans. You must have heard some funny comments from people around you when you've been at the games etc. Lets hear them please.Smile

Don't know how familiar some of you are with the Facebook group that was started, 'Overheard at Newcastle University'. It got a feature in the Sunday Times Magazine. Its a group where people post stupid things they've overheard from others in and around the uni. Its mainly people taking the piss out of posh kids for saying utterly stupid things, or stuff that highlights their rich snobbery. This is it, should you wish to have a look. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall...7692819264

I thought for a laugh I'd start one for things you've overheard at SJP from fans in the concourses, sat around you, or in the pub.

I'm not trying to turn us against one another, its just a light hearted thread where people can mention stuff they've heard from the mouths of other fans that have puzzled you or left you completely confused. Also, I'm not saying keep it entirely to just our fans.

I'll start off with an example. At the Scunny game the other night, a bloke behind us said 'Oh, here's that Tozer lad coming on'. Only it wasn't. It was Kadar. He looked like Kadar, he had number 28 on his back, and he went to LB. Pretty much everyone knew it was Kadar. It took them about 5 minutes to click it wasn't Tozer. This then led the 3 of them to spend a further 5 minutes bickering about where Kadar was from. One said Switzerland, to which his mate insisted it was Austria. Then the third told them they were both wrong, he's German. Finally, one clicked, and said that he was Hungarian. They all realised.

After this, the bloke that said he was Hungarian tried to catch another one out. He asked another, 'where did we sign Coloccini from?' to which the reply came back 'Italy wannit?'. His mate laughed and said 'try again' to which the bloke said 'Spain'. He was then asked 'what club in Spain?' and again the answer came back, 'f*** knaz, Real Sociedad?'

Dunno if its me, assuming that most people sat there would have known all of the above, but I was left a bit stunned as to how little they knew not about their own team in general, but about very recent stuff.

Anyhow, feel free to fire away...
20th March 2010 01:32 AM
Find all posts by this user
nunthorpe mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

couldn't resist Big Grin

[Image: bullet-holes.gif]
20th March 2010 10:17 AM
viana45 Offline

Banned

It's a copy from overheard at bfast queens uni
20th March 2010 10:51 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

nunthorpe mag Wrote:couldn't resist Big Grin

[Image: bullet-holes.gif]

Is that you shooting me Nunth? Why?
20th March 2010 11:29 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Texasmag Wrote:Is that you shooting me Nunth? Why?

Texasmag Wrote:Anyhow, feel free to fire away...
cav
20th March 2010 11:56 AM
guff Offline

First Team Starter

MacDonald to Cassidy: "Sup up Tommy, we're on in half an hour."
20th March 2010 03:16 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Getting off the bus at Grimsby for the promotion match back in 93, a lad was heard to say.

"Fook me, look at all the fucking black and white shirts, there must by 25k geordies here"

His mate replied

"Knob head, Grimsby play in black and white ya dafty"
22nd March 2010 09:47 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Big Grin
22nd March 2010 10:26 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular

I still laugh at this one by a scouser

we'd got talking to some Liverpool fans in the Adelphi and ended up walking up to the ground with them.....they'd all had a fair few but there was this one inparticular who was just about out of it but he was one of them friendly drunks who just wanted to cuddle you all the time

anyhoos....we were on the way up to the ground when this really drunk one stopped....his jaw dropped and and he started going really over the top about how beautiful the stadium was and that he'd never seen anything like it before...really creaming himself over it

hehe....the daft cunt was standing looking at The Gate
22nd March 2010 10:39 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

Went to St james for that reserve team game and it was Pancrate 1st game some chav kids demanded to leave after 10mins to one of the stewards at the door One of them mutted this is shite its empty as there only opened one side of the stadium..

Thick cunt though it would be full the whole stadium for a midweek cold run out...
22nd March 2010 10:52 AM
Thread Closed