Thread Closed 
50 Loyalty Points for QPR
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Ha ha ha - Is that officially recognised by UEFA then?

Oh the glory - remember the streets were mobbed with Toon fans that neet!
22nd March 2010 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

Just bought my QPR tickets.Wink
22nd March 2010 01:47 PM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

Venegoor Wrote:Big Grin

Does it smell of shit? Big Grin

Aye, don`t wear it anymore though as it made me wanting to walk darn the streyt wiv me Shewta!
22nd March 2010 02:06 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Jason Mackemtears Wrote:Top post.

First season I`ve missed since a 7 year old (now almost 44) and this Student calls folk staying away Glory Hunters!
Must be some sort of Super Fan. When he`s been going for nearly 40 years then he can have a go. I don`t usually repsond to his posts becuase I find him a complete & utter little litte Twat to be honest.

Nearly 40 years and no trophy in sight. Oh the fucking glory! Silly little Boy!

Right I`m off to dig out my Man Utd Treble winners 99 shirt. Tomorrow I`m going to wear my Notts Forest 79 European Cup winners shirt and I`ll have to dig out my numerous Liverpool shirts from the 70`s & 80`s I`ve got somewhere!Wink

You don't know me so there is no way you can find me a little twat. I suggest you get fucked, get a life and pull your head out your arse.
22nd March 2010 03:56 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

LeazesLoyal Wrote:I'm guessing Steve is quite young then and resents the people who have many more points than him.

Well I can tell you following Chop Souey, Allarshyte and Glenda' sides around the country and beyond was not an easy job.

So I think the lads who did do that and following SBR, Gullit, Dalglish and KK teams before them can hardly be classed as glory hunters.

Forgive me, but what trophies did we win in all that time???

A glory hunter is the cunt who is pissed up in your local, shouting get in there Rooney lad, when them Manc cunts score a goal and who knows fuck all about football, fuck all about loyalty and will be the same cunt shouting well done Arsene, when Arsenal win the league this year (hopefully).

I would wager I have been to Old Trafford more than the average one of these cunts.

Anyway for what is worth I have hundreds of points, so 50 is hardly any.
50 is barely two seasons worth, seeing as you get a point for every away game applied for - 23 in the league this season, 19 last, that's excluding the cup games on top of that.

Why are you completely blind to what I am saying. I'll break it down for you:

The point system was introduced to reward regular away travellers.

The points system has not been needed this year because there wasnt the demand. Those who have built up hundreds of points or whatever have deserted the club this season and decided not to go to the not so glamorous ties.

As soon as a "glory game" comes along, they are all scrambling for tickets. Where have they been all season? How come has every other away game not required the points system but this one has?

I think you are taking my "glory hunters" statement to literally. Lets face it, trips to Milan, Rome, Barcelona are a lot more glamorous than trips to Peterborough and Sheffield.
22nd March 2010 04:01 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I dont know for sure obviously, but what is to say that the travelling support this season has been any different to last season, or any other season??

The deserted crack is not necessarily true, it makes sense that a lot of folks want to go see our final game in this division, so how else can they divvy up the tickets?
22nd March 2010 04:10 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Sal Wrote:I dont know for sure obviously, but what is to say that the travelling support this season has been any different to last season, or any other season??

The deserted crack is not necessarily true, it makes sense that a lot of folks want to go see our final game in this division, so how else can they divvy up the tickets?

The fact that the points system hasn't been needed. They tried it in the first couple of months of the season but the demand wasn't there amongst the seasoned travellers, hence why they ditched the points system.

Might as well keep doing it the same way they have throughout the season rather than give the old boys their ticket for their day of glory.

Notice KS is getting grief on another forum for deciding to go back for the last few games of the season. This is no different.
22nd March 2010 04:38 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

who said it was these supposed "glory hunters" that asked for the loyalty system to be re-introduced? What other criteria should the club apply for dividing too few tickets between too many supporters? Demand that applicants include a photo of themselves at Home Park and Oakwell?
22nd March 2010 04:43 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular

was the points system not scrapped because the allocations were bigger this season......so in effect there was enough supply to satisfy demand in most cases?
22nd March 2010 04:50 PM
Jason Mackemtears

Unregistered

The Steve Wrote:You don't know me so there is no way you can find me a little twat. I suggest you get fucked, get a life and pull your head out your arse.

Don`t need to Tarquinn it`s blatantly obvious you`re a little Twat Sonny Jim.
I`ll leave it at that as I really can`t be Arsed with a 5 year Super Fan!Finger
22nd March 2010 04:53 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Workshy Fop Wrote:who said it was these supposed "glory hunters" that asked for the loyalty system to be re-introduced? What other criteria should the club apply for dividing too few tickets between too many supporters? Demand that applicants include a photo of themselves at Home Park and Oakwell?

I didn't say they asked for it to be reintroduced, I am just saying that it shouldn't be re introduced. There has been no need for it all season with the seasoned travellers not bothering this year.

Mac...I don't think it was scrapped for that reason. Do you think we'd have a bigger allocation at the likes of Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Palace etc. etc. than we would at Man Utd. For the most part, the allocations have been in the region of 2-3,000 apart from the odd occasion where we got 4,000. Largely (I would say) allocations have been the same, if not smaller when you think we get 5,000 at Wigan.
22nd March 2010 05:12 PM
Blind Faith Offline

Youth Team

The Steve Wrote:No...people didn't want to go because they were largely glory supporters. What kind of principals would it be? They aren't putting money in Ashley's pocket...it's your Scunthorpe's, Crystal Palces's and Coventry's.

It boils my piss that the glory boys who enjoyed their trips to Turin and Barcelona took some snobbish decision not to go to these games, and now they'll get to go to the game which could ultimately see us win a trophy.

As I've said a million times, the reason they got rid of the points scheme is because of lack of demand. In that case, they shouldn't get special treatment for this particular game.

First of all you dont get loyalty points for European Away games, so they will have had to go to other games to get over 50.

At the end of the day its been cheaper to go this year, no £48 chealse away tickets??

going to the same old grounds like Bolton, Wigan etc and not seeing us win aint "glory" to be fair either.

if the fans that are going now went to games in the Prem league then its they'd have enough points..

Loyalty system is the fairest way, there are always people that will miss out, but its the best way to sort it out.
22nd March 2010 07:08 PM
LeazesLoyal Offline

First Team Starter

How do you know that the loyal fans with more points have stopped going?

The points system was there as many many games were oversubscribed.

I remember the days before we had it and it was fucking chaos getting tickets for games.

The cup ties at Rotherham and Blackburn in the early 90's were a complete farce for anyone old enough to remember.

I would suggest to you it is more likely that the games are not oversubsribed due to the KK Jonny come latelies who are not applying for the less high profile games rather than the loyal diehards to be honest.

So with less demand from those people there are plenty of tickets for the ones who are left.

The points system has had to be introduced for the QPR game as there will be huge demand with it being last game of the season.

Obvious really.

I still see the usual 'faces' that I have seen for decades at away games plus especially this season and most of last a new batch of Toon fans.

Our support is phoenomenal regardless compared to how thoroughly unsuccessful our club has been in the last 5 decades or so.

No other club in the country would average over 40,000 having suffered the last 5-6 seasons, the humiliating relegation, the disgraceful treatment of two of their legends and mass boycotting of the ground by large numbers, almost 10,000 if you compare capacity to our still unbelievable average gate this season.

I don't care what anyone says we are the loyalest support in this country by a mile.

People point to our late 80's early 90's crowds and try to beat us up with it, but crowds in the whole of football were shit then, due to the hooliganism of the 80's destroying the national game.

The Premier League put English football back on the map and every club saw a surge in crowds.

Our average gates over time will be up there with the best of them, far more than our performances on the pitch deserve.

Oh for the day someone finally realises our potential and gets things right both on and off the pitch at NUFC - KK and SJH so nearly done it, but for 2-3 results going our way it would have happened and who knows how history would have changed?

Would KK have broken Fergie's grip on the Premiership if we had held on in '96?

Quite possibly.

Anyway I digress.

I remember the days of queuing over night outside the Gallowgate for tickets and believe me the current system is far fairer than them days, when people scrapped for a place in the queue once the pubs kicked out and the club sold bundles of tickets to the first few in the queue, meaning if you wanted to buy 70 or more tickets in one go you could, ensuring those who had queued for hours missed out.

You get a point for every single game you apply for regardless of whether you are successful.

So if you have supported the Toon for more than 3 years and applied for every away game in that time, you would have much more than 50 points.

If you haven't applied for those previous games, then you can't whinge really can you?

That is how you will get yourself further up the list.

I would estimate there are only a few hundred who actually go to every single game, so you can always gain points on people each year if you really want to.

We perhaps have a few hundred never miss a game, a thousand to fifteen hundred who apply for almost all games, a couple of thousand who apply for most and then thousands who go to between 2 and 10 games away a season and therefore get to some and miss out on others.

Keep applying and you will move up the priority list.
22nd March 2010 10:37 PM
Blind Faith Offline

Youth Team

Leazes couldnt put it better myself.. this is the fairest way going...

keep going to games mate and you'll get to the next "big" game, ive had the same experience, jut missed out on a ticket for the 1-4 SMB game, but only missed one game since then, now have over 100points and will comfortably get to any game.
23rd March 2010 02:14 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Is Scotty Parker holding the Intertoto Trophy are a fucking game of Sudoko!!!
23rd March 2010 02:21 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

The Steve Wrote:Notice KS is getting grief on another forum for deciding to go back for the last few games of the season. This is no different.

Leave me out out of this you complete and utter twat.Nana
23rd March 2010 04:49 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

King Sentinel I Wrote:Leave me out out of this you complete and utter twat.Nana

Uh oh....
23rd March 2010 04:54 PM
Thread Closed