So, who do you believe?

Thread Closed 
So, who do you believe?

The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
So, who do you believe?

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:cast your mind back to last time the club was for sale. clowns from all over the shop making claims.

this spilling of the beans by this Profitable Group to the medis stinks to high heaven. Why do it? They know the price and they know its for sale. Its yet more bullshit.

Would not surprise me in the least if the deal that finally ousts Ashley happens totally by surprise and very quickly as REAL players would want it all carried out in secrecy.

Very true. Thing with the Nigerian/South African story was that all we has was that Nathanial blabbing to the press with no word on who it was backing the deal. The rest was all gueswork on the part of the media.

The Profitable Group have been in touch with the Chronicle, telling them of their intentions. I think when the BBC tried to call them up they got a comment that they were aware of the plan but had no comment to make at the time.

I really do think there is foundation to this one. If it goes through, I'll be mightilly releived.
10th June 2009 10:32 AM
Find all posts by this user
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
So, who do you believe?

[Image: Fred.jpg]
10th June 2009 10:34 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
So, who do you believe?

Granted the story has more credibility than that blinged up home-boy from Nigeria had, but fook me,so did the offer of a curly wurly to buy the club.

I really want it to be true, but I dont understand why they would bother spouting off about it if they were genuine. If anything, it just attracts more competition for them, aside from it being rather unprofessional, which sort of contradicts what they claim to be all about.
10th June 2009 10:38 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
So, who do you believe?

Maybe. Given that it seems to be a case of "first come, first served" it is a bit strange that they're letting their competition know of their intentions.

I think we all just wish this was all over with so we can look to next season and getting promoted again. Every day passed is a day wasted.
10th June 2009 10:48 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
So, who do you believe?

Sal Wrote:Hahaha, I guess you are on a windy up!!!

Carlos Slim Helú (Arabic:كارلوس سليم حلوWink (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkaɾlos slim eˈlu]), simply known as Carlos Slim (born January 28, 1940) is a Mexican businessman and philanthropist largely focused on the telecommunications industry. He is currently the third wealthiest person in the world with a net worth of around US$35 billion through his holdings.[2]

Slim has a substantial influence over the telecommunications industry in Mexico and much of Latin America. He controls Teléfonos de México (Telmex), Telcel and América Móvil companies. Though he maintains an active involvement in his companies, his three sons — Carlos, Marco Antonio and Patrick Slim Domit — head them on a day-to-day basis.

The real Slim Shady eh? Big Grin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ohalGNCAo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3ohalGNCAo[/ame]
10th June 2009 10:50 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
So, who do you believe?

*Disclaimer*

The posting of the Eminem video in no is to be taken as an endorsement of the posters musical leanings. The poster wishes it to be known that the artiste in the video is a ludicrous, talentless shytehawk on a musical parr with Robbie Williams and Orville the Duck. Thank you. Cool
10th June 2009 10:52 AM
Stoner Offline

First Team Regular
So, who do you believe?

So - I'm glad we've cleared those damned rumours up, then.

Its perfectly clear that NUFC is/isn't/may be bought by a company which is/isn't/might be credible.

Splendid.
10th June 2009 10:57 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
So, who do you believe?

Bet its Fat Fred's Consortium just to sicken Flip LOL.
10th June 2009 10:59 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
So, who do you believe?

steveof1985 Wrote:Very true. Thing with the Nigerian/South African story was that all we has was that Nathanial blabbing to the press with no word on who it was backing the deal. The rest was all gueswork on the part of the media.

The Profitable Group have been in touch with the Chronicle, telling them of their intentions. I think when the BBC tried to call them up they got a comment that they were aware of the plan but had no comment to make at the time.

I really do think there is foundation to this one. If it goes through, I'll be mightilly releived.

oh I think we all hope its true steve, but as Sal says, why ring the Chronicle? Ashley is not running a "X factor" popularity contest to see who the nicest potential buyer is - he just wants his £100m. And to be honest if they did ring the Chronic it makes me wonder what sort of Mickey Mouse people run this organisation.
Of what possible benefit was it to blab to the press without actually making a bid? Unless they are yet another bunch of jokers just trying to ring out free publicity like those other berks last time.
That arch fantasist and self promoter Simon Clifford springs to mind Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

As soon as buyers blab to the press my initial reaction is to write them off. We shall see.
10th June 2009 11:22 AM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter
So, who do you believe?

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:Ashley is not running a "X factor" popularity contest to see who the nicest potential buyer is

Coming to ITV4 soon, Mike Ashley's Britain's Got the Toon Factor
10th June 2009 11:28 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite
So, who do you believe?

Or it could be a cunning marketing ploy that because they have issued an statement of intent that Shearer will be the next manager..... that there is money to be spent in the right way......they are going to improve the ground blah blah blah.... that they expect season tickets sales to go through the roof when they take ownership in two weeks times

aye ..I know.........I'm full of shite
10th June 2009 11:30 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular
So, who do you believe?

huntface Wrote:Coming to ITV4 soon, Mike Ashley's Britain's Got the Toon Factor

if the oaf thought he could make money from it I wouldn't put it past him
10th June 2009 11:31 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
So, who do you believe?

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:oh I think we all hope its true steve, but as Sal says, why ring the Chronicle? Ashley is not running a "X factor" popularity contest to see who the nicest potential buyer is - he just wants his £100m. And to be honest if they did ring the Chronic it makes me wonder what sort of Mickey Mouse people run this organisation.
Of what possible benefit was it to blab to the press without actually making a bid? Unless they are yet another bunch of jokers just trying to ring out free publicity like those other berks last time.
That arch fantasist and self promoter Simon Clifford springs to mind Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

As soon as buyers blab to the press my initial reaction is to write them off. We shall see.

I think it's generally well known that the Chron has such a huge hold on football fans. I reckon that a cery high propotion of readers buy it, and read the sport first and then the rest. I suppose to an outsider, it might be classed a s a voice to the fans.

Or like you say, it could be a very unprofessional action on their part. Not really sure where they would get from simply declaring an interest to simply drum up publicity as would make them look farcical and you'd think people may give them a wide berth in the future. All the sounds coming out of there are quite positive. Or this could be me getting over excited again which tends to lead to disappointment.
10th June 2009 12:32 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
So, who do you believe?

huntface Wrote:Coming to ITV4 soon, Mike Ashley's Britain's Got the Toon Factor

More like Mike Ashley's Hell's Kitchen, the Hell being the fact there is no food to cook, because the fat bastard has ate it all.
10th June 2009 01:28 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
So, who do you believe?

Sal Wrote:Hahaha, I guess you are on a windy up!!!

Carlos Slim Helú (Arabic:كارلوس سليم حلوWink (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkaɾlos slim eˈlu]), simply known as Carlos Slim (born January 28, 1940) is a Mexican businessman and philanthropist largely focused on the telecommunications industry. He is currently the third wealthiest person in the world with a net worth of around US$35 billion through his holdings.[2]

Slim has a substantial influence over the telecommunications industry in Mexico and much of Latin America. He controls Teléfonos de México (Telmex), Telcel and América Móvil companies. Though he maintains an active involvement in his companies, his three sons — Carlos, Marco Antonio and Patrick Slim Domit — head them on a day-to-day basis.

I have emailed him to ask whether he was interested in the opportunity of a lifetime. I await his response with baited breath.
10th June 2009 01:31 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
So, who do you believe?

Workshy Fop Wrote:I have emailed him to ask whether he was interested in the opportunity of a lifetime. I await his response with baited breath.

I think you'll have Hula-va wait :o

*Slinks into pun sin-bin and hides under towel*
10th June 2009 01:35 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
So, who do you believe?

Oh dear.
10th June 2009 01:40 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
So, who do you believe?

Workshy Fop Wrote:Oh dear.

"I'm so sorry, but it was within the rules................er, I was a struggling messageboarder at the time, I needed the money to buy replica shirts......................:o
10th June 2009 01:49 PM

Thread Closed