Thread Closed 
Bummer
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Bummer

Peter Lovenkrands blow for Newcastle: Striker ruled out by ankle injury
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 12:58 AM on 19th March 2010
Comments (0) Add to My Stories

Newcastle striker Peter Lovenkrands has suffered an injury blow ahead of the Championship leaders' visit to managerless Bristol City tomorrow.
The Denmark international, who scored his 11th goal in 12 games in Wednesday's 3-0 win over Scunthorpe, has had a scan on the ankle injury which forced him off in the same game.

Hot shot: Lovenkrands has scored 11 goals in 12 games for Newcastle
Lovenkrands, who is now Newcastle's joint top scorer with Andy Carroll on 14 goals, is out of the trip to Ashton Gate and the club are waiting for the results of his scan to see how long the former Rangers striker faces on the sidelines.

I guess its time for Leon Best to show whether he has anything to offer. Hope he gets off the mark tomorrow.
19th March 2010 08:35 AM
Find all posts by this user
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Bummer

Um, is that not a complete nothing bollocks story - he left the pitch with an ankle injury which we knew, but not one that caused him any great stretcher-me-straight-to-hospital pain, and this story says he's now had a scan on it, the results of which we don't know, and even the article doesn't go as far as to suggest that he might miss even saturday's game.
19th March 2010 08:48 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Bummer

Workshy Fop Wrote:Um, is that not a complete nothing bollocks story - he left the pitch with an ankle injury which we knew, but not one that caused him any great stretcher-me-straight-to-hospital pain, and this story says he's now had a scan on it, the results of which we don't know, and even the article doesn't go as far as to suggest that he might miss even saturday's game.

I think he will miss the weekend mate.

He left the field with a limp but 2 days ago. I dare say he wont have trained either.

I cant see it being anything serious like, just a shame with he and Carroll scoring so many goals of late.
19th March 2010 08:51 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Bummer

I kind of agree with Fop here...there's no real facts in this story. Just assumptions. Hope it isn't true though because he's on fire at the mo.
19th March 2010 08:56 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter
Bummer

In the mail?
19th March 2010 09:28 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Bummer

Was The Mail like. Chronical say its a calf injury!

CHRIS HUGHTON is sweating on the fitness of in-form Toon striker Peter Lovenkrands ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Bristol City.

The Dane has picked up a knock on his calf against Scunthorpe meaning Hughton must re- assess his options for Ashton Gate.

Morning reports indicated that Lovenkrands had sustained an ankle injury and undergone a scan but United today confirmed this was not true.

Hughton may revert to the 4-4-1- 1 formation and play Kevin Nolan off the shoulder of Andy Carroll, with Nicky Butt poised for a return or hand Leon Best or Nile Ranger a start alongside the Geordie gem.

He surely wont start Butt.
19th March 2010 09:43 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Bummer

If he's out i think he play Nolan just behind Carroll.

And prob play either Butt in the middle with Guthrie...
19th March 2010 09:46 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Bummer

Lucian Wrote:If he's out i think he play Nolan just behind Carroll.

And prob play either Butt in the middle with Guthrie...

Perhaps even Barton Stir
19th March 2010 09:55 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Bummer

Prob.. But i would play either Best Or Ranger.. One got to break there duck and other got to impress...
19th March 2010 09:59 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Bummer

Just please not Nicky Butt.
19th March 2010 10:10 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Bummer

But you can see it carn't ya away from home going for a point..

We need to go for a fucking win hughton as this is a game we can win as well sacked there manager and only won 2 games out of 12...
19th March 2010 10:22 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Bummer

Butt did alright at Boro.
19th March 2010 12:56 PM
Thread Closed