Thread Closed 
A review of Scunny.
Venegoor Offline

Captain
A review of Scunny.

It isn't always possible to draw conclusions from one way matches, as last night's was, but I think we went about it well. I'm admiring Hughton more and more, in his way of not allowing complacency to creep in, in what is surely a promotion winning campaign, in all but name. Yes, there was a bit of showboating near the end, but the way we set about the task impressed me greatly.
We didn't take the piss out of them, we just methodically took them apart, and if Nolan's perfectly good goal had been allowed to stand, it would have been game over after 15 minutes. Yes, chances went begging, but there was generally good shooting, good, swift build-up play, and even imagination around the penalty area instead of just lumping it in! All 3 goals where taken beautifully, and if it hadn't been for the poor twat in nets for them, it would have been a cricket score.
A really good, professional performance, that was never allowed to be complacent given the shittiness of the opposition, and that is as much credit to Hughton and the players, as victory over our nearest rivals. Prepare for the Premiership boys and girls, we are up. Big Grin

cav
18th March 2010 12:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
A review of Scunny.

Venegoor Wrote:Prepare for the Premiership boys and girls, we are up. Big Grin

You foolish foolish old man. We're doomed now, I tells thee, doomed!
18th March 2010 12:21 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
A review of Scunny.

Workshy Fop Wrote:You foolish foolish old man. We're doomed now, I tells thee, doomed!

Big Grin

Tish and pish sir!!! Be along to your tailors, and have him cut you a celebration drinking suit! Big Grin
18th March 2010 12:23 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
A review of Scunny.

Fair assessment. Like you say, we weren't cocky with the ball we just got on with it and di the job. Very well, finishing aside for the most part.
18th March 2010 01:24 PM
Thread Closed