Thread Closed 
Williamson Suffers Broken Hand
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

NEWCASTLE United will be without Mike Williamson for at least three weeks after the defender broke a bone in his hand during an accident at home.

The 26-year-old was doing his own fitness exercises when he slipped, suffering the injury.

Williamson was missing during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough, and, speaking to nufcTV after the game, boss Chris Hughton said: "Unfortunately we'll be without Mike for between three and four weeks.

"He has broken a bone in his hand. He was doing some fitness work at home and he slipped and caught his third metacarpal in the back of his hand.
"It was a freak accident really. It was one of those unusual ones and unfortunately for us and unfortunately for him, he will be out for a short period of time."
13th March 2010 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular

He was doing some fitness work at home and he slipped and caught his third metacarpal in the back of his hand.

is that a magic trick?
13th March 2010 11:03 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

I heard he broke it while surfing...
13th March 2010 11:06 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Surfing in the North sea! He has probably broken his knackers.
14th March 2010 04:51 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Honest, I'm not making this up! I heard it last night someone but can't remember where! :o
14th March 2010 10:41 AM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

Not the fucking metacarpel, ah geez *rolls eyes*
14th March 2010 10:53 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Why can't he play with a broken hand...he doesn't use his hands.
14th March 2010 11:13 AM
Tboz Offline

Youth Team

The Steve Wrote:Why can't he play with a broken hand...he doesn't use his hands.

If he fell on it it would be reasonably painful I would imagine. I broke a bone in my finger once and I couldn't do anything with that hand for a month Smile.
14th March 2010 12:02 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:NEWCASTLE United will be without Mike Williamson for at least three weeks after the defender broke a bone in his hand during an accident at home.

The 26-year-old was doing his own fitness exercises when he slipped, suffering the injury.

Williamson was missing during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough, and, speaking to nufcTV after the game, boss Chris Hughton said: "Unfortunately we'll be without Mike for between three and four weeks.

"He has broken a bone in his hand. He was doing some fitness work at home and he slipped and caught his third metacarpal in the back of his hand.
"It was a freak accident really. It was one of those unusual ones and unfortunately for us and unfortunately for him, he will be out for a short period of time."

wanking accident?

often associated with a black eye - slippage due to over eagerness (usually if Nigella Lawson on the telly).
14th March 2010 10:06 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

The Steve Wrote:Why can't he play with a broken hand...he doesn't use his hands.

No you are right, but I can imagine the mess he would make on an opponents nose if his cast smashed into it.

H&S reasons.
15th March 2010 08:31 AM
Thread Closed