Thread Closed 
Like clockwork
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

All it takes is an away draw and all of a sudden hughton is shit all of a sudden..

Fickle fickle fickle

I don't want the guy as manager but if we are top of the league, no one can complain
13th March 2010 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter
Like clockwork

Fickle?...that's rich coming from you, you were quick enough to slate Lovenkrands.
13th March 2010 06:27 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

Yeah that wasn't based on one match
13th March 2010 07:29 PM
furrygiblets Offline

Reserve Team
Like clockwork

Do you know what's like clockwork. You and your shit windups
13th March 2010 07:51 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Like clockwork

Morgy, since you refuse to accept your opinion of lovenkrands is unjust, you have no fucking place trying to preach to anyone else on who ( or who not ) to cheer or jeer.

Why not just start another Ashley thread where you say the same shit again and again.

There's a good lad.
13th March 2010 08:00 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

Ashley out what's the problem?

Lovenkrands i don't rate him, although my opinion is wavering I'll judge at season end.

Don't be patronising. Ashley out. Fickleness is criticising him after one result.
13th March 2010 08:24 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman
Like clockwork

No you're not waiting to judge him at the seasons end. You've repeatedly critisized him and refuse to accept that you're ill-founded views are illegitimate. So, by that rationale, and avoiding hypocrisy, what people want to think about Hughton is up to them.
13th March 2010 08:32 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

Tab surely u agree that hughton shouldn't be slagged for an away draw?

My not rating lovenkrands is due to his inadaequcy to find thr target for a sustained period of time and his talking up the mackems. I said at seasons end if he ha enought goals I'll admit I was wrong, as I did with keegan.

I was not a fan o hughton, and still am not but I won't slagg a manager who's top of his division.
13th March 2010 08:52 PM
Chris_NUFC Offline

First Team Starter
Like clockwork

9 points clear of Forest in third, we have to play them at SJP, and also have a game in hand over them.We are looking in good shape for promotion, in fact imo, we are up.I do not care if it is in 1st place or 2nd.

Its next season i worry about, Ashley's lowly transfer budget, and Hughton will face a real test, if we continue to play the way we have in many of our games this season, we will get humiliated in the premier league.
13th March 2010 09:11 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

As I said before Ashley has no faith in hughton, if he did why bring in shearer last season?

Hughton is a good lad, but I worry for next season. With or without him, as long as Ashley I here.
13th March 2010 09:14 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

Chris_NUFC Wrote:9 points clear of Forest in third, we have to play them at SJP, and also have a game in hand over them.We are looking in good shape for promotion, in fact imo, we are up.I do not care if it is in 1st place or 2nd.

Its next season i worry about, Ashley's lowly transfer budget, and Hughton will face a real test, if we continue to play the way we have in many of our games this season, we will get humiliated in the premier league.

my sentiments too
13th March 2010 09:46 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Like clockwork

You were wrong about Lovenkrands. Admit it.
13th March 2010 11:13 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

yOu weree wrong abt best

admit it
14th March 2010 12:04 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Like clockwork

What did I say about Best other than "give him a chance"?
14th March 2010 10:34 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Like clockwork

I think despite him not scoring neither does Smith he does put in a shift and got some pace and can cross the ball and set things up. yes it would be great for him to get his

1st goal but im happy with him..
14th March 2010 10:36 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Like clockwork

I think we could mould him into a creative midfielder. He's got a bit skill, is quick and can certainly pick up a pss given that he's got about 3 assists already for us.
14th March 2010 10:40 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Like clockwork

Well we molded Smith into defensive midfielder so why not...

But with Creative midfielders you got to be able to score as well..
14th March 2010 10:48 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Like clockwork

Well after seeing the stupid fucker take off Lovenkrands for Butt yesterday i just know he isnt going to do a thing when were under pressure in the premiership.

Tactics alot like allarshyte, away from home if we go 1 up then we defend or go out playing for the draw.

That substitution was disgraceful, im sorry but nicky butt gives us nothing, i've watched him so many times and i can count one one fucking hand the amount of matches he's had that were run by him in the midfield.

His passing is to hard or too far in front of the player, he turns slower than c3po,
he gets far too close to his own player like a schoolboy player, so fucking frustrating seeing him come on for probably our most in form player in recent matches was just demoralising especially when theres young hungry players like nile ranger itching to come on.

Yes were top yes hughton is manager but to be honest lokking at the squads in this division would you expect us to be anywhere else? Neutrals would choose us champions on paper.

Imagine a proper manager in charge of this team? We'd be champions by now.

The mans tactics are awful. Especially away from home.
14th March 2010 10:53 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Like clockwork

To be fair, Nicly Butt had a brilliant season when he came back from Birmingham on loan. Since then...he has been shite.

Hughton did get most his subs wrong yesterday to be fair. That said even Keegan and Robson got it wrong at times so lets not jump on his back given the first opportunity eh? Remember, we drew...didn't get beat.
14th March 2010 11:12 AM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Like clockwork

Keegan and robson wouldn't of brought on a player to play for a fuckin draw either. Especially in a derby match.

Not jumping on his back mate, just really dont want to see us playing for draws should we get in the premiership.
(This post was last modified: 14th March 2010 11:28 AM by Tinosghost.)
14th March 2010 11:20 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Like clockwork

I know. He probably got it wrong yesterday. However, we could all see that we were getting battered and over ran in midfield. I can kind of see now...looking back...why he might have done that even though, like you say, we should be playing to win.
14th March 2010 11:32 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter
Like clockwork

But the last 5mins of the game we were on top and looking to score that 3rd goal..

But should of been ontop allthrough the game...
14th March 2010 11:36 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
Like clockwork

Yep, we should have. But they had 2 players who ran the show. Robson and McDonald.
14th March 2010 11:51 AM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

Tinosghost Wrote:Keegan and robson wouldn't of brought on a player to play for a fuckin draw either

If only he did TG, we would have been Champions in the mid 90s
14th March 2010 02:36 PM
Tinosghost Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Like clockwork

NE1 Wrote:If only he did TG, we would have been Champions in the mid 90s

True too true

God them times seem a million years away now Sad
14th March 2010 07:52 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

Tinosghost Wrote:True too true

God them times seem a million years away now Sad

The best of times,

The worst of times.
15th March 2010 08:32 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Like clockwork

Chris_NUFC Wrote:9 points clear of Forest in third, we have to play them at SJP, and also have a game in hand over them.We are looking in good shape for promotion, in fact imo, we are up.I do not care if it is in 1st place or 2nd.

good post and i share your thought's, but am prepared to give hughton a damn good chance. he deserves a it after this season's overall stat's..
15th March 2010 08:46 AM
McCreery Online

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

I genuinely think that the squad Hughton will put together for next season will be no where near as good on paper as the one that brought us down last season

Having said that I believe that every player will be here for the right reason and they will be playing for the club, for Hughton and for each other

Even if we do become a yoyo club I'd much rather that mentality than over payed prima donnas milking us for every penny while they lie on the treatment table when things are getting a bit tuff

(This post was last modified: 15th March 2010 08:54 AM by McCreery.)
15th March 2010 08:52 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

McCreery Wrote:I genuinely think that the squad Hughton will put together for next season will be no where near as good on paper as the one that brought us down last season

Having said that I believe that every player will be here for the right reason and they will be playing for the club, for Hughton and for each other

Even if we do become a yoyo club I'd much rather that mentality than over payed prima donnas milking us for every penny while they lie on the treatment table when things are getting a bit tuff

Agree with that. We might actually stay up next year if the players play for the club.

And agree with Viana, it's always the same reaction to a bad result, it's boring now. I think fickle is the wrong word though. Miserable cunts would be more appropriate.

Performance wasn't great but it's a good draw.

I haven't read back through the threads, but there was probably people slagging Hughton off against Barnsley for the fact we failed to score in the first 20 minutes.
15th March 2010 12:02 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

That Lovenkrands sub, I didn't understand it, I thought Lovenkrands must be injured or something?

But nothings been said so I guess it was just a strange decision.

Looking back at it though, Boro were playing much better and certainly looked more like scoring. Yes they still ended up getting a goal with Butt on the field, but there's nowt wrong with trying to play more defensively when you're getting caught on the counter every time we failed to pass to a black and white shirt.

Butt came on, and things changed. I mean, it started badly, Butt gave a free kick away, and they scored. Not Butt's fault cause it should still have been defended, but it was not good because the reason we brought him on was to defend and we conceded straight away.

But after that it worked well. Apart from the goal, Lovenkrands wasn't really offering anything, other than the luxury of him being able to finish anything we created. But we weren't creating anything so he was wasted. We changed our style to a more direct one and it worked.

Butt came on and to be fair, he played well. I don't know why people are slagging him off cause he came on and controlled things for us. Didn't dominate the midfield like, but he'd get the ball, slow things down and allowed us to build more meaningful attacks. And it also allowed Nolan to push forward with Carroll and we ended up getting the equaliser.
15th March 2010 12:12 PM
Thread Closed