Thread Closed 
Like clockwork
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Like clockwork

richyNUFC Wrote:That Lovenkrands sub, I didn't understand it, I thought Lovenkrands must be injured or something?

But nothings been said so I guess it was just a strange decision.

Looking back at it though, Boro were playing much better and certainly looked more like scoring. Yes they still ended up getting a goal with Butt on the field, but there's nowt wrong with trying to play more defensively when you're getting caught on the counter every time we failed to pass to a black and white shirt.

Butt came on, and things changed. I mean, it started badly, Butt gave a free kick away, and they scored. Not Butt's fault cause it should still have been defended, but it was not good because the reason we brought him on was to defend and we conceded straight away.

But after that it worked well. Apart from the goal, Lovenkrands wasn't really offering anything, other than the luxury of him being able to finish anything we created. But we weren't creating anything so he was wasted. We changed our style to a more direct one and it worked.

Butt came on and to be fair, he played well. I don't know why people are slagging him off cause he came on and controlled things for us. Didn't dominate the midfield like, but he'd get the ball, slow things down and allowed us to build more meaningful attacks. And it also allowed Nolan to push forward with Carroll and we ended up getting the equaliser.

That Carroll's shite an' all mind Wink Smile
15th March 2010 12:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

Big Grin
15th March 2010 12:33 PM
McCreery Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

I fuckin hate being wrong but Carroll has definitely made me eat my words just lately

he got off to slow start but he's getting the important goals when we need them

[SIZE="1"]
can't believe we scored six against Barnsley and that useless cunt didn't get one of them mind......*fuckin begrudged winky thing*[/SIZE]
15th March 2010 12:36 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Like clockwork

McCreery Wrote:I fuckin hate being wrong but Carroll has definitely made me eat my words just lately

[SIZE="1"]
can't believe we scored six against Barnsley and that useless cunt didn't get one of them mind......*fuckin begrudged winky thing*[/SIZE]

Big GrinBig Grin

Now, if only we can get Viana to get 'Lovenkrands' on his top i'll start to believe in God Big Grin
15th March 2010 12:38 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

McCreery Wrote:I fuckin hate being wrong but Carroll has definitely made me eat my words just lately

[SIZE="1"]

hehe, I'm glad Harewood fucked off cause he was just starting to prove me wrong Big Grin
15th March 2010 12:40 PM
viana45 Offline

Banned
Like clockwork

Lover is turning my head and is in great form

(fuck sake)
15th March 2010 01:26 PM
BIFFAPOTAMUS Offline

Youth Team
Like clockwork

NE1 Wrote:The best of times,

The worst of times.

No, just the Best of times....
15th March 2010 03:35 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Like clockwork

BIFFAPOTAMUS Wrote:No, just the Best of times....

Tongue in cheek mate,

You cant say you enjoyed the 4-3 at liverpool or the 2-1 at Blackburn results. Finish 2nd was a bitter pill to take after being so far ahead.
15th March 2010 03:37 PM
Thread Closed