Physioroom

Thread Closed 
Physioroom

mikeydad Offline

Reserve Team
Physioroom

According to Physioroom Bassong, Taylor, Viduka and Barton will all be fit for Saturday.

I would expect Bassong and Taylor to start (Colo dropped) and the other two to be on the bench:

Harper

Beye......Taylor......Bassong.......Enrique

Guthrie..........Butt..........Guttierez

Martins.......Carrol.......Owen

That should be enough to beat Stoke any day with Viduka and Barton coming on after 60 minutes probably for Carrol and Butt who will both be knackered.

2-0 the Toon

COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!
(This post was last modified: 8th April 2009 11:29 AM by mikeydad.)
8th April 2009 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user
tino Offline

First Team Regular
Physioroom

id drop Guti and play barton

apart form that i agree with your line up, get the fullbacks to provide the width
8th April 2009 11:44 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
Physioroom

tino Wrote:id drop Guti and play barton

apart form that i agree with your line up, get the fullbacks to provide the width

Surely Butt would get the heave ho before Guti.

Barton, Guthrie & Guti are all energetic workers, which is what we need if we have 3 up top.

Plus there is always the chance that Guti may at some point produce something (I know we aint seen it, the bloke has it in him), whereas am sure Barton can do Butts job & more.
8th April 2009 11:46 AM
mikeydad Offline

Reserve Team
Physioroom

I would leave Barton out just because of his lack of match fitness and the fact that the refs will be after him big style. He could mistime a tackle or two and find himself banned for 3 games, so 30 minutes gets him eased back in and doesn't give the officials too much time to nobble him.

Hopefully his fitness will improve quickly and the ref's and the media will let him get on with his life.
8th April 2009 12:10 PM
Jackal Offline

Youth Team
Physioroom

Sal Wrote:Surely Butt would get the heave ho before Guti.

Can't see AS dropping Butt until the end of the season unless he's injured mate. I would think he's no.2 on the team sheet after Owen.Eek
8th April 2009 12:41 PM
De Sade Offline

Youth Team
Physioroom

According to Physio room Barton and Viduka were going to be fit last week, they make it up as they go along.

Barton and Viduka are not doing full training yet and Shearer said neither will be playing at Stoke.

Bassong has a decent chance but Taylor is behind him in the progress stakes
8th April 2009 04:42 PM

Thread Closed