I've got a dumph feeling about Sat

Thread Closed 

The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:I love Dumph's optimism aswel but we are in the bottom 3 for a reason. please tell me how the players who have been utter wank for most of the season will raise their game enough to get any result against a team that are challenging for the title.

I honestly think there will be a lot of disappointed people on here come 5pm with all this Shearer stuff.

The bloke isn't a miracle worker he hasn't even got any managerial experience and i think other clubs fans are going to have a field day come 5pm on Saturday telling us we are deluded.

can we just nail this fiction on the head once for and all. Shearer HAS got managerial experience - in case anyone has forgotten (which they have), he was assistant manager to Roeder when we finished 7th. Some of us pointed out at the time that his influence must have been substantial due to Roeder's abysmal showing without Al by his side.

Obviously I expect the media to tell ill informed lies about our club and its heroes but lets at least us lot get it right.
3rd April 2009 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

thats true enough, shearers input was phenomenal we all know that,...on the flip side though roeder took all the credit which landed him another contract, whereas if we had finished 4th bottom we could have had roeder booted out and possibly o`neill in, the talk at the time was that he was very interested in the job,..where would we be now if only we had`nt finished a glorious seventh that season...??
3rd April 2009 07:17 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I actually can't wait for a NUFC game!

Its been such a long time to be happy about football again.

Even if only lasts until 3:15pm tomorrow, I'm grateful for these few hours of hope Alan has given me.

As for experience? Bollocks!

What does it matter? Far too much is made of it. The fact of the matter is a really big name in footbal has never been given a decent club straight away.......apart from John Barnes Confused
3rd April 2009 07:58 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Brassneck Wrote:thats true enough, shearers input was phenomenal we all know that,...on the flip side though roeder took all the credit which landed him another contract, whereas if we had finished 4th bottom we could have had roeder booted out and possibly o`neill in, the talk at the time was that he was very interested in the job,..where would we be now if only we had`nt finished a glorious seventh that season...??

I don't really agree. We got roeder because he was cheap and would do what he was told
3rd April 2009 07:59 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

huntface Wrote:I don't really agree. We got roeder because he was cheap and would do what he was told

your probably right like, excuse my bad memory,..but i thought that if we had finished in the bottom 6 or 7 that roeder would have been out on his arse,..we had a run of great results that were inspired mainly by shearers input and finished 7th , roeder got a new contract off fatfred when the betting was on o`neill to get the job and i remember reading that he would be interested at the time, bloody papers eh??Rolleyes

but the fact that he was willing to splash £12m on milner is confusing, so perhaps he wouldn`t have been so great for us, but villa are playing some reasonably good footie at times and we are fucked unless shearo can turn things around,.its a funny owld game lad :o:o
3rd April 2009 08:18 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I think it was nailed on Roeder would have stayed no matter what to be honest.

No way would O'Neil take over us if his transfer budget would have been equivalnt to his wife's weekly tesco bill.
3rd April 2009 08:33 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

huntface Wrote:I think it was nailed on Roeder would have stayed no matter what to be honest.

No way would O'Neil take over us if his transfer budget would have been equivalnt to his wife's weekly tesco bill.

i beg to differ there mate,...shepherd was ready to nuke rodent like, the results we got towards the end of the season saved him,..i`m not bigging up fatfred here mind, far from it,..the fans were baying for rodents blood and i honestly beleive that he would have gone if not for the sudden rise up the league table.

Looking back now though i wish we had finished near the bottom of the league cos it went tits up big time after thatRolleyes
3rd April 2009 08:44 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I think you may have your seasons confused.

In the 10 or so games roeder had with shearer he won something like 7 drew 1 and lost 2. Those might jnot be right, but I remember it was the equivalent of champions league form.

The next season the fans went mental with the shepherd out stuff, roeder though did the decent thing and quit
3rd April 2009 08:49 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

huntface Wrote:roeder though did the decent thing and quit

i think you`ll find that he was sacked,..or "mutual consent", like i said it was unfortunate that he did so well in that season,..finishing 7th was an amazing achievement, but it was shearers achievement,...rodent was clueless really
3rd April 2009 09:06 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Well thats a moot point.

I always like to think the best of Roeder, that he knew he was miles out of his depth and jacked it in rather than wait to get sacked and therefore the pay off
3rd April 2009 09:10 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

huntface Wrote:Well thats a moot point.

I always like to think the best of Roeder, that he knew he was miles out of his depth and jacked it in rather than wait to get sacked and therefore the pay off

allershyte had just left bolton a few days before i recall, so clearly it was all done behind poor glenns back like,...o`neill or allershyte???...like i said before o`neill may have flopped here as well, but we`ll never know
3rd April 2009 09:15 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

O'Neil had been at Villa for a year when Allardyce snarled his way up Barrack road, so it wasn't a choice between the fat fucker and O'Neil
3rd April 2009 09:20 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

huntface Wrote:O'Neil had been at Villa for a year when Allardyce snarled his way up Barrack road, so it wasn't a choice between the fat fucker and O'Neil

yes mate,..i meant if rodent had been sent on his way and thanked for his services after he got us to 7th in the prem then o`neill was available yer see??,..but because he was rewarded by fatso for doing so well he was given a new deal,..o`neill then went to villa, there is no doubt in my mind that o`neill would have taken the job like,...i was only using the o`neill or allershyte thing as a comparison of like if o`neill had been offered the job then we would never have had to suffer allershyte,..thats all Smile
3rd April 2009 09:28 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

It was always my understanding that O'Neill never went for high pressure jobs, or is that just a myth?
3rd April 2009 09:34 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Ahhh right with you.

However, I doubt Shepherd would have gambled on a free spirit life O'Neil at the end of 05/06 (crikey was it that long ago). It would have cost him too much money.

I think Roeder would have stayed even if we'd have finsihed 17th.

I can see the fat fucker now "Well Glenn deserves his chance, he's saved us from relegation"

As much as Ashley is a runny shit mixed with some puke, it should never be forgotten that Freddie Shepherd is the route of all evil. Past and ongoing
3rd April 2009 09:37 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

The Lewis Wrote:It was always my understanding that O'Neill never went for high pressure jobs, or is that just a myth?

No you're thinking of cookers
3rd April 2009 09:37 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

huntface Wrote:I think Roeder would have stayed even if we'd have finsihed 17th.

Nope,...he would have been on his bike, he was offered the job on the strength of a good finish to the season and finishing 7th a lot of fans agreed that he deserved the opportunity,.....i wasn`t one of them and i will say it now,..i wanted MARTIN O`NEILL Big Grin
3rd April 2009 09:45 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

I didn't want roeder either....in fact I can't think of anyone who would have.

Then again, who'd have had Souness??? Oh yeah, the bloke who gave Roeder the job
3rd April 2009 09:51 PM
Alfie Noakes Offline

Youth Team

Very interesting debate going on here and I am no expert on football matters but my reading of the last few years and especially those of the latter few months, combined with the really mad few weeks we have had recently, topped with the appointment in the last few days of Shearer is that we will either win this game, we could of course lose it or we might even draw.
3rd April 2009 11:02 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:we will either win this game, we could of course lose it or we might even draw.

Big Grin Get your money on it alfie i think you might be onto a winner m8 Wink

Honest lads nobody wants us to get a result more than me but we are in the bottom 3 for a reason and we happen to be playing the team in 2nd place in the table.

I think people are letting their hearts rule their heads, maybe if we were playing a lesser club than Chelsea i would be agreeing with all of you.

Im quite willing to take the stick tomorrow after the game if we win and nobody will be more pleased than myself.

Nutty get on Kens board after the game IF things don't go well for us you will sharp see the cunts giving us stick.
3rd April 2009 11:11 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

rotti Wrote:Nutty get on Kens board after the game IF things don't go well for us you will sharp see the cunts giving us stick.

yes of course they will,..i wasnt criticising your post rotti if thats what your thinking, i know they will think we are deluded,...but fuck them, we are excited about the thought of staying up when there was no real hope of that happening before wednesday/thursdays events,...we were going down with calder/hught,..with shearer we may do as well, but we cannot hide our excitement cos those two mugs were boring the fuckin shyte out of every cunt man Big Grin
3rd April 2009 11:22 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Nah m8 i never thought that at all . What i meant was with all the media attention with Shearer and IF we get beat the cunts will take every opportunity to slag Shearer off.
3rd April 2009 11:24 PM
merton7 Offline

Youth Team

Rotti, I have to agree I with you, that we are where we are for a reason. If we get a draw I think we will have done well. The big thing is that suddenly we all have hope, and some belief that we may do well. When jkf was brought in the gloom and despondency started and boy has it continued. All of a sudden there is a buzz again and some excitement about us with Shearer coming in. I also think that the players too have not had much belief lurching from the sudden end of KK, then the club going up for sale, then the appointment of Kinnear, his heart problems and then Hughton and Calderwood - a club run by amateurs with no ideas and really crap management appointments - if I was a player I do not think I would be really motivated to play out of my skin. But as with the buzz and excitement we now have, I'm sure the team have that too - and I do think that they will start to believe again in themselves and the club - and that has to bring some sort of improvement.
3rd April 2009 11:30 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

merton totally agree even a draw would bring confidence i just wished it wasn't against Chelsea.
3rd April 2009 11:42 PM
merton7 Offline

Youth Team

In a perverse kind of way I think getting the potentially hardest game out of the way first will be OK. The atmosphere will be electric, and as long as the team plays well then even a draw will be seen as a good result. If it was, say, against Stoke then expectations would be for a win and a win only. There will not be too much disappointment whatever the result tomorrow, as Shearer has only been in charge a couple of days. It is a very short honeymoon period, and to get Chelsea first probably will be no bad thing.
3rd April 2009 11:48 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Aye true enough.
3rd April 2009 11:49 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

lets get one thing straight about being a NUFC fan. From Hughie onwards we as fans have thrived on heroes. When Al retired we were just another club. When KK come back we had belief. With Al back we have someone to give us a bit of belief. If that transfers to the players then we are in with a fighting chance.
4th April 2009 01:52 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Oh well, so much for that. Two nowt to Chelski, still think we'll beat the drop, only just though.
4th April 2009 06:27 PM
toonarmy09 Offline

Reserve Team

i spoke to jimmy after the anouncement was made and said nowt has changed except the atmosphere still shite team... players no passion still got the same teams to play only thing that changed was shearer give the place a lift

continue playing r taylor and collo we are truly fucked
4th April 2009 06:36 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

oh well at least i had the excited feeling back before the match lol.
4th April 2009 06:39 PM

Thread Closed