stev Bruce is mildly better than kinnear and co, but heavens we want top 4

Thread Closed 

Brassneck

Unregistered

..i would never want Bruce to manage us, i hate his teams even if they are seventh, these people who are calling for bramble for england FFS, even if his performances have improved slightly gradually since Bruce got hold of him, he is still a fuckin accident waiting to happen,..the dilemma for us is that he is mildly better than joe and suppose he must be doing a few things right, also on a tight budget which he will need to accept if he did come here under ashley, ..but whelan gobbed off last week that bruce would never work for ashley.

Oh if its true then give him a fuckin shot at it,..i`m a bit past caring and we all are :mad:
30th March 2009 04:09 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

George Graham, David O'Dreary, El Tel Venables, Graham Taylor, Glenn Hoddle and even Howard fuckin Wlkinson would all be a better bet than Joe "Heart attack imminent" Kinnear.
30th March 2009 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

King Sentinel I Wrote:George Graham, David O'Dreary, El Tel Venables, Graham Taylor, Glenn Hoddle and even Howard fuckin Wlkinson would all be a better bet than Joe "Heart attack imminent" Kinnear.

that actor luvvey who plays clough in damned united could do fuckin better than the current shambolic lotRolleyes
30th March 2009 04:25 PM
David Blackwell Offline

Youth Team

we are miles and miles away from the top 7 nevermind 4. so bruce is a good choice
30th March 2009 04:33 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

David Blackwell Wrote:we are miles and miles away from the top 7 nevermind 4. so bruce is a good choice

aye , probably now when we`re on our knees,...but realistically the ugly cunt shud have been nowhere near the opportunity to manage us, its the sign of the times like, and if you ask me Bruce would fuckin KILL to manage the toon, whether its working for ashley or any other fucka, despite what Whelan saysRolleyes
30th March 2009 04:41 PM
David Blackwell Offline

Youth Team

hopefully we will find out
30th March 2009 04:46 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

David Blackwell Wrote:hopefully we will find out

yes of course its all smoke and mirrors and cloak and dagger but he will know seriously if offered the job and he turns it down he may never get another opportunity, obviously we all know he will be eyeing the manure job when taggarts liver finally fuckin packs up,...but so will many others, i heard mourinho saying he would consider the manure job, so Bruce could be well down the pecking order for that dream job like
30th March 2009 04:51 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I agree that Bruce would kill for the opportunity to manage this club, and that would make a refreshing change to have such a manager in my opinion. I've never been a great fan of Bruce by any means, but I have to say his work at Wigan has impressed me. They actually play good football under Bruce which they didn't do under Jewell. I know Brum were diabolical, but, he didn't have access to players such as Valencia and Palacios whilst at Brum, and having good players in the Wigan team, he clearly felt he could play a more expansive passing game, so good on him for having the nous to play to the teams strengths instead of being an arrogant one dimensional prick like Allardyce who would impose his shitty percentage style if he found himself manager of Barcelona.

He can do no worse than Kinnear at worst, and he's shown he can play the right kind of game given the right players. He'll never be the answer to the top four question, but he very well might be the right man for the job right at this moment in time, although I still hope we stay up and Man City have a change of manager so we can nick Sparky, though I may be in a minority there Wink
30th March 2009 04:56 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Tongue
count, i would slit my wrists if Sparky came here, is that really what you want?? Big Grin
30th March 2009 05:02 PM
David Blackwell Offline

Youth Team

I like mark hughes too and i'd love to see him at the toon, however after having many to spend at man shitty he may feel to good to manage us buying players from the bargain bin
30th March 2009 05:05 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

David Blackwell Wrote:I like mark hughes too and i'd love to see him at the toon, however after having many to spend at man shitty he may feel to good to manage us buying players from the bargain bin

mate, look at the difference in the shite performances from citeh theis season compared to how erikson had them playing,..that can only be one mans fault,...SPARKEY!!!, he`s managed to turn them as dull as blackburn and beleive me he will do the same wherever he goes
30th March 2009 05:08 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Brassneck Wrote:Tongue
count, i would slit my wrists if Sparky came here, is that really what you want?? Big Grin

Dafty Big Grin

Sparky is a good manager my dear sir, I'd be overjoyed to see him here. The way Man City is at the minute I think anyone would struggle. He's a team builder with a solid idea of where he wants to get to. And even a card carrying Sparky hater like yourself would have to admit he's a better shout than Jade Kinnear.

30th March 2009 05:09 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:Dafty Big Grin

Sparky is a good manager my dear sir,

no he isn`t, he`s as dull as fuck,.. at least bruce has some sign of enthusiasm about him when interviewed, Sparkys like a wet weekend , so thereTongue
30th March 2009 05:15 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Brassneck Wrote:mate, look at the difference in the shite performances from citeh theis season compared to how erikson had them playing,..that can only be one mans fault,...SPARKEY!!!, he`s managed to turn them as dull as blackburn and beleive me he will do the same wherever he goes

Possibly. I think he's having a hard time at Man City because it's fairly clear he isn't in charge of that team. I've said it many a time before, but ironically enough, the best man for that job right now would be Sven as he rather likes galacticos wandering in off the car park that he knows nothing about, but that isn't Sparky's style. If he would have had £30 million plus handed to him, no way would he have spent it on Robinho.

There's massive trouble at Man City whoever goes there. Apparently Robinho has the batphone to the powers that be at Man City, telling them who they should sign and how they should be playing. You cannot give a player that kind of authority over the manager, no wonder it's all going to shit over there. You can't blame Sparky for that kind of stupidity, or highlight his supposed failings as a manager at a club that won't let him be the boss and undermines him at every turn.

So THERE TongueBig Grin
30th March 2009 05:28 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

lets get realistic here, and stop living in cloud cuckoo land.

No premeir league manager would want to manage us at the moment. I reckon Stever Bruce wouldnt come near us, his home town or not.

We are badly run from top to bottom and everybody can see that, that is why we have joken ear in charge rather than any noticeable manager.

Ashley has done a job on the club, and its going to get rougher before it gets better.
30th March 2009 05:59 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

In fairness, no Premier league manager has been asked, but I see your drift.
30th March 2009 06:04 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:

There's massive trouble at Man City whoever goes there. Apparently Robinho has the batphone to the powers that be at Man City, telling them who they should sign and how they should be playing. You cannot give a player that kind of authority over the manager, no wonder it's all going to shit over there. You can't blame Sparky for that kind of stupidity, or highlight his supposed failings as a manager at a club that won't let him be the boss and undermines him at every turn.

todays top managers will have to get used with that behaviour as the players become more and more expensive and wage packets swell,..i do blame sparky for the general play of citeh, the overall 90 minutes performances of the cunts this season, the fans i know are unhappy and know that hughes is well out of his depth, hughes will never EVER manage a top 4 side, never,..like i said football is going much more that way, where coaches need to cope with big money egotistic players who can unsettle the whole squad if not kept on a tight leash,....sparky is limited in man-management skills which is why robinhos ruling the roost, hughes knows he`s taking citeh no-where, but he aint gonna admit it is he,..he`s clearly awaiting a sacking and grab the money and run,..who gives a fuck and then challenge bruce for the manure job,...its all mapped out, i can see itWink
30th March 2009 06:15 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

That being the case, if he isn't good enough for Man City, how the fuck is he going to challenge for the Man Utd job? Tongue
30th March 2009 06:22 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:That being the case, if he isn't good enough for Man City, how the fuck is he going to challenge for the Man Utd job? Tongue

exactly.

i was trying to communicate the way sparkys mind is working,..having been sacked by citeh the arrogant welsh (Wink) cunt would still see manure as the next step in his career,,..and then Barca obviously...deluded i tell theeRolleyes
30th March 2009 06:29 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

We will have to agree to disagree my friend Wink

The way things are going I don't think we'll have the opportunity to attract Sparky in any case, though you never know. If he doesn't end up here, we'll have to see how he does at his next job, and if he does shit there, I'll have to agree with you Big Grin
30th March 2009 06:32 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:We will have to agree to disagree my friend Wink

The way things are going I don't think we'll have the opportunity to attract Sparky in any case, though you never know. If he doesn't end up here, we'll have to see how he does at his next job, and if he does shit there, I'll have to agree with you Big Grin

theres no doubt i agree that it is difficult for managers to cope with big money signings with massive egos who they didin`t particularly want at the club, but that is how its going now and will do for more and more managers in the future,...theres the top players, now go and win the league, only the strong survive and personally i don`t think sparky cuts the mustard like
30th March 2009 06:38 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

That might make him perfect for us though, with low grade clogging shit coming through the door and no hope of superstar ego's even coming near the place unless it be on a tour bus. Sad
30th March 2009 06:40 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

he carnt cut the mustard as he carnt get the best out of robinho ect..
30th March 2009 06:40 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:That might make him perfect for us though, with low grade clogging shit coming through the door and no hope of superstar ego's even coming near the place unless it be on a tour bus. Sad

yes but, hughes can`t win either way, anyone must admit that blackburns footie was fuckin WOEFUL under sparky, agreed its not much better now with allershyte, but if blackburn were on football first on sky i would turn the cunt off as the dullness of the footie was too frightening, .....so he couldn`t get a team to play good football when he had no money,..and now he can`t get citeh to play good flowing entertaining football and he has world class playersEek,..
30th March 2009 06:51 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

He doesn't have world class players man, he has Robinho, a big name with an ever bigger head and a suspect temperament, who also spends most of his time pissing of the rest of the squad and management by phoning up the chaps in Abu Dhabi and moaning about who they should be signing and where Hughes is going wrong! How on earth can any manager work under those conditions!

Oh aye, he's shit because he can't get the best out of Robinho, as if Robinho has just fulfilled a lifelong dream as a Brazillian international to follow in the footsteps of Francis Lee and Rodney Marsh, a player who went on strike at Real fucking Madrid unless they let him go to Chelsea, then joined Man City when he burned his bridges and had nowhere left to go. Oh aye, what a fucking gem of a player he is, Jesus, I can't imagine him causing any problems, I bet he couldn't believe his dreams had all come true at once getting to finally play for Man City after all those years slumming it as a prodigy for Brazil and Real Madrid. Fuck all do to with the daft wages he was offered, and that no fucker wanted the shit stirring little prick, but this is Sparky's fault as well no doubt, I'm sure Mark Hughes was overjoyed to have a whining precocious little shit like Robinho on his books.

Hughes is a crap manager because he can't get the best out of a prissy little showpony who thinks he's bigger than Real Madrid? Give me a fucking break. Why do you think he went to Man City? For the opportunity to coach a decent English academy? Or for stupidly crazy money? The sort of mercenaries who have plagued and bankruped many a Prem team, and been bemoaned on this very forum time after time after time?

Can'g get the best out of Robinho, for fucks sake! Big Grin
30th March 2009 07:04 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:He doesn't have world class players man, he has Robinho, a big name with an ever bigger head and a suspect temperament, who also spends most of his time pissing of the rest of the squad and management by phoning up the chaps in Abu Dhabi and moaning about who they should be signing and where Hughes is going wrong! How on earth can any manager work under those conditions!

well,..that his problem really, like i said above he has the choice just to walk away if he thinks his authority is being threatened, he will lose the dressing room eventually, the players will know robinho is a disruptive little cunt and will be expecting a strong manager to deal with it,..if hughes doesn`t like it then why doesn`t he fuck off,..your not telling me he desperately needs the money, any supporters of any club can see what sparkys doing, if he was a man he would walk, but like the lot we`ve had, souness dogliesh allershyte, he will hang on
30th March 2009 07:19 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

David Blackwell Wrote:we are miles and miles away from the top 7 nevermind 4. so bruce is a good choice

the sad thing is we are NOT miles away from the top 7. The Prem league is overrated crap outside the "big 4". Any club putting a half decent team together with mediocre manager and players and a bit of cash can function as a top 7 side - Everton, Villa, Wigan, Fulham prove this.

But this goes all the more to illustrate how truly awful Ashley's regime is. What he is doing takes some fucking doing. It actually takes quite a lot to fail so spectacularly at a club our size. Well done Mike.
30th March 2009 07:24 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Now that I do agree with. He should just fuck off and be a man about it. The longer he clings onto the job, the more desperate it seems, and is not in keeping with a man of character. It's all going a bit wrong for him at City, and he should just fuck it off really and come out and say so now, not when he inevitably gets fired this Summer and then tries to claim it was out if his hands.

Still think he'd do well for us though WinkBig GrinTongue
(This post was last modified: 30th March 2009 07:27 PM by countofbiarritz.)
30th March 2009 07:26 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

countofbiarritz Wrote:Now that I do agree with. He should just fuck off and be a man about it. The longer he clings onto the job, the more desperate it seems, and is not in keeping with a man of character. It's all going a bit wrong for him at City, and he should just fuck it off really and come out and say so now, not when he inevitably gets fired this Summer and then tries to claim it was out if his hands.

Still think he'd do well for us though WinkBig GrinTongue

but if he is hanging on for his big payoff,..then whos to say he won`t do the same if he came here and it all went tits up,.. with him sitting on a three or four year contract,..hehe
30th March 2009 07:40 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Brassneck Wrote:..i would never want Bruce to manage us, i hate his teams even if they are seventh, these people who are calling for bramble for england FFS, even if his performances have improved slightly gradually since Bruce got hold of him, he is still a fuckin accident waiting to happen,..the dilemma for us is that he is mildly better than joe and suppose he must be doing a few things right, also on a tight budget which he will need to accept if he did come here under ashley, ..but whelan gobbed off last week that bruce would never work for ashley.

Oh if its true then give him a fuckin shot at it,..i`m a bit past caring and we all are :mad:

Don't know what's been said in reply to the original post, as I couldn't be arsed to read the rest of thread so sorry if I repeat a few things from above...oh I saw someone mention Sparky...whoever said that should be shot.

As for Bruce...he's done really well at Wigan, and has shown he can make a good signing. Palacios, Valencia and Zaki...N'Zogbia is a great signing for Wigan. And they've played some good football with those players in the side. Since Palacios has gone they've not been quite as good.

Obviously Bruce isn't the manager we'd wish for, but he's probably the best available.

Having said that, I don't even think Bruce would come here. We signed Kinnear because nobody else would take it...presumably that includes Bruce...so what's changed?
31st March 2009 09:03 AM

Thread Closed