Sunday Express sez "We could go into admin"

Thread Closed 

Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

No one complained, when he appointed Dalglish, or Gullitt..!!!

At the time, they were at the Top of their game..
30th March 2009 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Jinkyjim Wrote:No one complained, when he appointed Dalglish, or Gullitt..!!!

At the time, they were at the Top of their game..

Not too sure about Dalglish, can only vaguely remember it, but aye he won the league with Blackburn, so can't fault that appointment.

Gullit, was nowt special as a manager though was he? I guess there'd have been a few moans at his appointment.

SBR obviously his best appointment...but the managers after that. They were shite.
30th March 2009 08:58 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

richyNUFC Wrote:Yeah...but they can afford to be in debt, they get a regular income from Champions League, they appoint good managers, unlike Shepherd... and they spend money they don't have wisely....unlike Shepherd.

Another media Lie, most of those team make about £30m from a good Champions league run..

Which they have to reinvest each year to stand still, why do you think their overall debt never reduces...

They are all Insolvent...
30th March 2009 08:59 AM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

i must have been the only one who was absolutely devasted when dalgleish and gullit was appointed then.

my thoughts on this are well documented Smile

richy - he won the league by default really. spent a considerable amount on average players to fit his system. the fact that shearer was pinging them in from all angles helped too lol.
got knocked out of europe by part timers, and showed up for what he was - ten years out of date. in fact his blackburn side, and ours to a lesser extent, reminded me of an allardyce team - but with better players.
(This post was last modified: 30th March 2009 09:16 AM by Rod100.)
30th March 2009 09:14 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

hehehe..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mK0Lw7FKp4[/ame]
30th March 2009 09:39 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Rod100 Wrote:i must have been the only one who was absolutely devasted when dalgleish and gullit was appointed then.

my thoughts on this are well documented Smile

richy - he won the league by default really. spent a considerable amount on average players to fit his system. the fact that shearer was pinging them in from all angles helped too lol.
got knocked out of europe by part timers, and showed up for what he was - ten years out of date. in fact his blackburn side, and ours to a lesser extent, reminded me of an allardyce team - but with better players.

spot on.

KD won the league with a Liverpool side that could have been managed by Glenn Roeder.
Jack Walker bought the league - the Abramovich of his day. And Blackburn was a fucking awful side to watch. As soon as Al left they were fucked.
30th March 2009 11:36 AM

Thread Closed