Sunday Express sez "We could go into admin"

Thread Closed 

Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team

According to John Richardson - It would only be implemented as a last resort and not until Newcastle’s Premier League destiny is decided.

Oooo er!

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
29th March 2009 06:35 AM
Find all posts by this user
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

let the cunt try it and lose all his money..

fuck him its all his fault..
29th March 2009 08:44 AM
nunthorpe mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Nothing would supprise me with pugsley at the helm
Draged us right into the shite the southern cunt :mad:
29th March 2009 08:59 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Not only are we fucked this season but for years to come if this idiot remains owner.
29th March 2009 10:19 AM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Wasent this mentioned on here a few days ago?
29th March 2009 10:39 AM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

The one postiive vibe is that it sounds like he wants to fob the club. THough I do think the article is bullshit.
29th March 2009 10:46 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

im beyond caring now.

Im on bus going to the gate with brother to see dammed united and then on the booze and prob have under cooked kebab near haymarket

Have fun all in the sun.

Fuck ashley and his gang and the players for this shite
29th March 2009 10:47 AM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

Does he realise the ramifications of all this? I honestly don't think he does.
29th March 2009 11:34 AM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

any no club denial as yet
29th March 2009 01:44 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Texasmag Wrote:Does he realise the ramifications of all this? I honestly don't think he does.

I think its worse than that: he doesnt give a damn.
29th March 2009 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

This story does have me a bit worried, because John Richardson is a very good journalist, and unlike most of them, is very pro Newcastle Utd. He isn't writing that piece to have a cheap pop at the club like some of them would, and he isn't prone to wild exaggerated claims in his articles either. Something is definitely up.

Huntface had the right of it the other day in another thread about this. If the club get relegated the only way for Ashley to make his money back without having to spend on a promotion push is to call in the receivers. As all the "debt" that has been written off is attributable to one Mr M. Ashley, the club would be forced to repay him the money in full. Maybe not upfront, but he would eventually get it back.

The only positive is that we would have new owners, and whatever the current state of the club, it would stil be a very attractive proposition to a lot of people, and with administrators handling the sale, it would be sold for a realistic price.

What was that quote about Ashley when he first rolled into town? Something about how he likes to "park his tanks on other peoples lawns.."? If he pulls this stunt, he might well have to park a few on his own back garden. I wonder if he could be sued for gross negligence or fraud or something?
29th March 2009 02:11 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

what about people who signed 3 year deal with season tickets can they all take mike ash to court if the club goes into admin?

What happens to there money?
29th March 2009 02:37 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Ive not heard anything if this had any substance it would be all over the news.
29th March 2009 02:39 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I really hope that there is no substance to it, and for the moment it is just speculation, though speculation with a good deal of logic behind it, and that is what worries me. It's actually plausible, though a bloody long shot it has to be said.

If it did happen, as regards three year season tickets, I assume people would be entitled to their money back, or at least have the difference refunded to reflect Championship prices, but that would be no different than if the club were relegated and Ashley were here or not. If the club went into administration (very big if), it wouldn't cease to exist, it would simply be passed into the hands of people who would look to sell it to the most appropriate bidder.
29th March 2009 02:52 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

would the likes of smith and shola fuck off as they carnt pay they wages

If above is yes i want it to happen..lol
29th March 2009 03:02 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

Depends what they earn per week I suppose. One of the reasons that clubs struggle badly when relegated to the Championship is the wage bill they're saddled with. If they don't make it out before the parachute payments, they are pretty much fucked, Southampton being a good example. Clubs like West Brom, Brum, Wolves, Stoke et al are pretty much alright because they cut their cloth with one eye on the drop, so they go back down with excellent and financially sustainable teams at that level, wereas for us it would be horrific because the wages structure has been impletmented with the Premiership in mind, the idea of relegation hasn't even been entertained by the boardroom, it's too frightening for them to even think about it, which is why I believe there is some truth in these stories of administration.

Jesus, who in the seven hells of Dante would pay Smith £65,000 per week in the Prem, let alone the Championship? Thing is though, unless they are at the end of their contract, or there is someone willing to buy them, we are stuck with these players and their wages, further fucking up the club even more.
29th March 2009 03:51 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I wouldnt pay Smith minimum wage.
29th March 2009 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

countofbiarritz Wrote:This story does have me a bit worried, because John Richardson is a very good journalist, and unlike most of them, is very pro Newcastle Utd. He isn't writing that piece to have a cheap pop at the club like some of them would, and he isn't prone to wild exaggerated claims in his articles either. Something is definitely up.

Huntface had the right of it the other day in another thread about this. If the club get relegated the only way for Ashley to make his money back without having to spend on a promotion push is to call in the receivers. As all the "debt" that has been written off is attributable to one Mr M. Ashley, the club would be forced to repay him the money in full. Maybe not upfront, but he would eventually get it back.

The only positive is that we would have new owners, and whatever the current state of the club, it would stil be a very attractive proposition to a lot of people, and with administrators handling the sale, it would be sold for a realistic price.

What was that quote about Ashley when he first rolled into town? Something about how he likes to "park his tanks on other peoples lawns.."? If he pulls this stunt, he might well have to park a few on his own back garden. I wonder if he could be sued for gross negligence or fraud or something?

there seems to be an assumption here that going into administration would mean the back of Ashley, but I'm pretty sure this does not necessarily follow. For instance Ken Bates sent Leeds into administration and was given permission to buy the club back at a minimal cost.
29th March 2009 04:15 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

That is also very true, but surely Ashley's life wouldn't be worth living if he did that? I don't know, I think he's looking to bail out ASAP myself, it's just going from bad to worse on all levels. I think his chronic naivety is starting to give way to the reality of the situation. This is a man who not all that long ago stated in some programme notes that the club were worth a punt on UEFA qualification, who thinks that the Arsenal model can be achieved simply by wishing for it, and seems to think a half dead manager with an appalling track record can somehow drag the club out of the shit despite all evidence to the contrary and in the face of his senior players asking for a replacement, and who has previously admitted that he was shocked by the scale of anger directed towards him over the dismissal of Keegan.

Jesus, I've just talked myself out of disagreeing with you Lip. Taking all that into account I wouldn't put anything past the thick cunt.
29th March 2009 04:27 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

we are damned united..
29th March 2009 04:29 PM
Shepherdsaslug Offline

Youth Team

countofbiarritz Wrote:That is also very true, but surely Ashley's life wouldn't be worth living if he did that? I don't know, I think he's looking to bail out ASAP myself, it's just going from bad to worse on all levels. I think his chronic naivety is starting to give way to the reality of the situation. This is a man who not all that long ago stated in some programme notes that the club were worth a punt on UEFA qualification, who thinks that the Arsenal model can be achieved simply by wishing for it, and seems to think a half dead manager with an appalling track record can somehow drag the club out of the shit despite all evidence to the contrary and in the face of his senior players asking for a replacement, and who has previously admitted that he was shocked by the scale of anger directed towards him over the dismissal of Keegan.

Jesus, I've just talked myself out of disagreeing with you Lip. Taking all that into account I wouldn't put anything past the thick cunt.
that just about sums him up a thick fat cunt who got way out of his depth why buy us? Sad
29th March 2009 05:08 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

It could of course come full circle, we go down, go into administration, and then we are snapped up on the cheap by a certain Frederick Shepherd.

I would like to think it inconceivable, but its frighteningly not.
29th March 2009 08:30 PM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

fuck shepherd he was to blame as well..

spending money that we didnt have..
29th March 2009 08:34 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Figs Shepherd was just the chairman he would have to get the backing of every shareholder to spend the money he did. The Halls need some blame just as much as Fatty does regarding the clubs demise.

IF the Halls didnt go behind Shepherds back Ashley might not have got to buy the club then who knows where we would be.
30th March 2009 05:54 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

If he doesn't come out and deny this story then there must be a hint of truth in it. If it were my club I would be straight out with a press release denying it because it's potentially so damaging to player morale and potential season ticket renewals.
30th March 2009 06:46 AM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

aye - looks like we is super fucked now.

Mike Ashley - CUNT
30th March 2009 06:46 AM
Lucian Offline

First Team Starter

well he hasn't come oot or let one of his ring leaders say on his behalf

So its looking like the fat cunt prob ganning ahead with the fucking idea,,

The cunt the final nail in our coffin they set oot to fuck the toon

And they won prob we were a threat to the prem 4 years ago champ league top 4 now fizzy league bound..

Thanks a bunch cockney bastards,,
30th March 2009 08:36 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Lucian Wrote:fuck shepherd he was to blame as well..

spending money that we didnt have..

How was he supposed to compete on our behalf , if he didn't...??

ManUre = £850m in debt

Chelsea = £750m in debt

Liverpool = £ 580m in debt

We wanted to be up with the 'Big' boys, we are all to blame..
30th March 2009 08:37 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Jinkyjim Wrote:How was he supposed to compete on our behalf , if he didn't...??

ManUre = £850m in debt

Chelsea = £750m in debt

Liverpool = £ 580m in debt

We wanted to be up with the 'Big' boys, we are all to blame..

Yeah...but they can afford to be in debt, they get a regular income from Champions League, they appoint good managers, unlike Shepherd... and they spend money they don't have wisely....unlike Shepherd.
30th March 2009 08:40 AM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

agreed - Shepherds main failing - in my eyes - was the appointment of a succession of shite managers.

the list includes dalgleish too in my eyes. in reality after KK went the 1st time and we were on the crest of a wave thats when he shouldve got the big one.

but thats all ancient history now Sad
30th March 2009 08:50 AM

Thread Closed