Anyone actualy think we stand a chance of stayng up?

Thread Closed 

countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

I'm getting a bit fatalist about it. But I suppose Fulham fans were as well this time last year. We'll be alright one way or the other, it still carries on regardless. Twatting Man Utd 5-0 one day, possibly Colchester away the next, plus ca change.

Bah! We shall see madam, a moments darkness followed by "who knows"? Whatever happens that grinning fat clueless bastard needs to go, otherwise I think this discussion will go on regardless of what league we end up in.
27th March 2009 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

What gets me is that Ashley has only been at the club 5 minutes, and caused so much mayhem and made us a laughing stock.
27th March 2009 09:27 PM
countofbiarritz Offline

Chairman

It'll come home to roost. His reputation in business must be less than shite, because God knows he has shown the commercial acumen of an alcoholic tramp with a fifty pound note in Bargain Booze. If you are of a vindictive mindset, which I know you are not Tex, but regardless, rest safe in the knowledge that whatever damage he has done the club, it reflects more on him than it does Newcastle Utd; for once, everyone from the man on the street to Fleet Street regard Ashley as one of the worst owners of a football club in modern history, and that includes Charles Koppel and Michael Knightly.

27th March 2009 09:37 PM
huntface Offline

First Team Starter

Texasmag Wrote:What gets me is that Ashley has only been at the club 5 minutes, and caused so much mayhem and made us a laughing stock.

Yeah its quite impressive the mess he's made.
27th March 2009 09:43 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

huntface Wrote:Yeah its quite impressive the mess he's made.

you'd think he'd done it on purpose...Confused
27th March 2009 10:22 PM
Texasmag Offline

First Team Regular

ToonArmy1892 Wrote:you'd think he'd done it on purpose...Confused

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Yes Count, you are right and that was a good post. I couldn't have said it better myself.
28th March 2009 01:19 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

And people still think fatty has done the most damage to us. Sorry like but Ashley is much worse because he has the money to make a difference but chose not too. Fat Fred didnt but at least he had the ambition to bring in at that time a world class Michael Owen.

And before people state the debts we were in Fatty wasnt the main shareholder, he was to blame but so was the Halls who conveniently dont seem to get stick.
28th March 2009 02:32 AM
toonarmy09 Offline

Reserve Team

lads and lasses its irelevant if we stay up or go down cos with this regime its just a matter of time cos if they do stick with them 3 in charge we are just prolongig the agony till next season .come the summer any amount of players will leave got nae doubt about that .martins owen taylor bassong .and they wont spend the money we recive for them as proved ..so he spends 10mill max on a couple of players thru kinnears scouting network and we stumble from one game to another .

so if we go down so be it yeah we will be gutted and could take a few year to get back up but that fat low life fucking scum will lose a fortune
28th March 2009 09:03 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:but that fat low life fucking scum will lose a fortune

Aye m8 thats the only crumb of comfort if we go down for me. Also do you think if we do go down Michael Owen will feel guilty knowing we have spent over £38m on him in total in his time here (it could be more) including his transfer fee and we have nowt really to show for it.
28th March 2009 09:47 AM
joe harvey 69 Offline

Youth Team

Not sure of the exact stat but we have only won 2 out of the last 20 odd games and thats relegation form for sure.
28th March 2009 10:14 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

1 game won since xmas m8 as you say relegation form.
28th March 2009 10:16 AM
David Blackwell Offline

Youth Team

We have 8 games left to save a season, we need at least 3 wins and a draw more likely 4 wins. We have a shite owner shite managment team and not a very good squad, regardless of what pundits that haven't seen us play all season say, we are not too good to go down. However we have better squads than teams in the past that have stayed up had, i.e west brom and fulham last year.
So the players have to stand up , i for one will forget how shit they have been so far if they get the points needed infact most people will. My advice to them would be to ignore whatever hughton/calderwood/kinnear say to them and fight like bastard for 90 mins once a week for 8 or so weeks if they do that they'll stay up.
That's all they have to do.
lets see if they can do it.
28th March 2009 11:03 AM
toonarmy09 Offline

Reserve Team

they can do it proved that in the man utd game and the first half of the arsenal game but then we hit a bottom half side and we are total shite ...i have been thru shite like a lot of lads on here with the westwoods mcgeags shepard the halls cos in my opinion the halls as much to blame as anyone else yeah they had the vision but by fuck they got well payed for it put 6 million in took 114 million out ...........but in the 44 years i have gone to sjp thru good times and bad ashley is without doubt the worse thing to happen to nufc EVER

and yeah rotti mate i think owen will be off like a shot come the summer for me villa is where he will end up he dont give 2 fucks the money he has taken out the club
28th March 2009 12:45 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

rotti Wrote:Aye m8 thats the only crumb of comfort if we go down for me. Also do you think if we do go down Michael Owen will feel guilty knowing we have spent over £38m on him in total in his time here (it could be more) including his transfer fee and we have nowt really to show for it.

£38m... a figure plucked out of thin air??
28th March 2009 02:38 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Quote:£38m... a figure plucked out of thin air??

Hows it plucked out of thing air he cost the club £17m and god knows how much his wages has come to.

Here you go NE1 pick holes in this

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Quote:Add the £17m that Newcastle dished out to Real Madrid, the figure comes to £39,320,000. A ridiculous figure

Yes the soccerlens.com website might be crap but the figures will be true or the club and Owens advisor's would have came out and disputed this amount.
(This post was last modified: 28th March 2009 11:52 PM by rotti.)
28th March 2009 11:49 PM

Thread Closed