omenator2

Unregistered

Weekly NUSC Statement

so come on the de sade, what are you doing in protest against ashley and co
27th March 2009 01:59 PM
Jackal Offline

Youth Team
Weekly NUSC Statement

There's a lot of love going around isn't there? Love it, just love it.

Condescension 'll not get you very far on this board, even if it 'amuses' you.

NUSC membership holders hands up please?

Top and bottom of it is - is there a need for any type of organised group? No. The fans will rise up if and when they have had enough and can be arsed.

Personally I think 15,000 will just walk at the end of the season, including myself, regardless of relegation. Shit football club aside, there's a fucking recession about to bite down.
27th March 2009 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

Jackal Wrote:There's a lot of love going around isn't there? Love it, just love it.

Condescension 'll not get you very far on this board, even if it 'amuses' you.

NUSC membership holders hands up please?

Top and bottom of it is - is there a need for any type of organised group? No. The fans will rise up if and when they have had enough and can be arsed.

Personally I think 15,000 will just walk at the end of the season, including myself, regardless of relegation. Shit football club aside, there's a fucking recession about to bite down.

What's condecension mean like? Big Grin

*hands up*

An organised group isn't needed, especially when it isn't fucking working.

Not necessary, but one with many members, would be good.
27th March 2009 02:34 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

De Sade Wrote:Like I say when people would rather slag the only organised fans group off than join and influence them then Llambias' job is done.

I'll bet he never thought it would be so easy.

Loving it,loving you.

Of course we slag them off, they are a self appointed, opiniated bunch of hypocrites who change their weekly views depending on what the papers print. They would rather take £10 off a supporter than actually welcoming them into the membership fold.

They stand for one cause, and thats the cause of NUSC.
27th March 2009 02:42 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

NE1 Wrote:Of course we slag them off, they are a self appointed, opiniated bunch of hypocrites who change their weekly views depending on what the papers print. They would rather take £10 off a supporter than actually welcoming them into the membership fold.

They stand for one cause, and thats the cause of NUSC.

And it's opinions like that which doesn't let them get anywhere.

If thousands of fans joined, would they still print views which seem to differ everyweek?

No.

Because they'd get one solid view from the majority of fans that would not change every week.
27th March 2009 02:44 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Weekly NUSC Statement

i would have more time for them if you could go to a meeting then decide if you wanna join, not having to join and pay your £10 before you can go to their meetings
27th March 2009 02:45 PM
joe harvey 69 Offline

Youth Team
Weekly NUSC Statement

We shouldnt really have a snipe at the NUSC members, its their choice to join the club and have their say rather like peoples opinions on here, we do it on a forum they do it in meetings, their opinions are just as valid and I think we all want the same thing in the end. Leave them be I say.
27th March 2009 02:45 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

omenator Wrote:i would have more time for them if you could go to a meeting then decide if you wanna join, not having to join and pay your £10 before you can go to their meetings

The protest was free, and I'm not sure, but do they not have public talk in every month where people can come down, and join IF they want. And those who aren't members are still allowed to put their point accross.
27th March 2009 02:46 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

richyNUFC Wrote:And it's opinions like that which doesn't let them get anywhere.

If thousands of fans joined, would they still print views which seem to differ everyweek?

No.

Because they'd get one solid view from the majority of fans that would not change every week.

That just it Richy, they get one solid view from the top 10 NUSC members.
27th March 2009 02:47 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

But would they, if there was 10,000 or so members, I don't think so.

And I think they have 300 members at the minute, and I doubt many of them go to these meetings, because they know nobody else will, so the meetings are probably empty, leaving thise 10 commitee members to base their approach on their own opinion.

Every now and then they'll get an opinion from a few fans, and that's where the "hypocrisy" kicks in - there's not a solid base at the minute.
27th March 2009 02:51 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

Thats everybodys point on here, in one way or the other.

They need more members to get a better voice for the majority, but they have cut their noses off by charging £10 fee to join, then trying to justify it.

I am no "apprentice" but surely a smaller "admin fee" would have been more beneficial to everybody and then have an open vote to see who would sit on the board, so to speak.

It seems that all the decision making is made by a select commitee of a handful of people, which is noway to run a supporters club.

They idea of setting up NUSC is sound, but the actual execution of it, is a bag of nails.
27th March 2009 03:10 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

Even if they had 100k members what exactly would they have as leverage over NUFC. UNLESS they organised a mass protest they are pointless.
27th March 2009 03:30 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Weekly NUSC Statement

from what ive read they talk a lot of shit too like.
27th March 2009 03:35 PM
De Sade Offline

Youth Team
Weekly NUSC Statement

Loving it, Llambias that is
27th March 2009 04:51 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain
Weekly NUSC Statement

And there we have the reasoned voice of the opposite view, no substance, no answers to questions, just loving it. Splendid.
27th March 2009 07:19 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

De Sade Wrote:The more people that join the more the agenda becomes what the majority of fans want.

Llambias is scathing of the Nusc because he knows he'd have a real problem if the membership rocketed. It's been easy for him to belittle them and have other fans snigger at them. It suits his purpose.

Nuscs agenda can be influenced from the inside if enough join but no most would rather slag it off

He's still loving it.

[Image: istockphoto_2634771_hitting_a_nail_on_the_head.jpg]
27th March 2009 09:01 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

How exactly would Lambias be scared if the NUSC had thousands of members. Unless they have a mass protest what power have they over the club.

Funny how the only thing that got to Ashley were those so called chav kids who protested when KK walked.

Even that Steve Wraith has done more regarding slagging off Ashley than the NUSC. How long have they been going the NUSC and they have only 300 members, why is that. surely if fans thought they were any good they would be signing up in their thousands.
28th March 2009 02:23 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

omenator Wrote:aye while lining their pockets at the same time

£10 membership fee gets you a 42p membership card (figures taken from them meeting minutes) so that's a £9.58 profit on each member the recruit

They can spout costs of venues and all that shyte, however they could easily find somewhere that would let them use a venue for free or for a small donation (like community halls for a start) and i can imagine alot of the venues they choose (pubs/clubs) won't mind for a small fee as they are getting more member supping their beer making the venue more money.

As for admin costs don't make me laugh, what admin work is there to do

Don't FUCKING Join Then...!!!!!!!!
28th March 2009 12:59 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Weekly NUSC Statement

what so we can't we have a debate on them, richy is the only NUSC member who I have spoken to willing to

Could look at this is your time to try and convince people to join up since you keep saying if they had a larger fan base they would be able to do more. As of yet none of the question raised in this thread have even been attempted to be answered by anyone else
28th March 2009 01:14 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

Please tell me which you disagree with..????

The Association’s main objectives are:

to strengthen the bonds between the Club & community and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the Club;

to benefit present and future members of the community by promoting encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity and focus for community involvement;

to encourage the Club to take proper account of the interests of the community in its decisions;

to encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the boards of the Club and ultimately to be the vehicle for democratic elections to the Board;

to promote excellence in all aspects of Newcastle United Football Club.
28th March 2009 01:31 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Weekly NUSC Statement

and can you please tell me where I have objected to any of their goals?

i have never stated anything against the goals, I have raised questions about the way it is run, that is not having a go at the members or the objectives, but the people running NUSC
28th March 2009 01:35 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

That was a question to everyone slagging us off..

I am a member, so as such, you are slagging me aswell...
28th March 2009 01:40 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Weekly NUSC Statement

so questioning the finances and the admin costs etc.. is having a go at the membership?
28th March 2009 01:41 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

The Association may be dissolved by the consent of three-quarters of the members who sign an instrument of dissolution in the form provided by Treasury Regulations.

Any monies or assets that remain following the winding up of the Association will be donated to:

The Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Trust or if this Trust is not in existence:
One or more societies or charities established for the benefit of the community operating – sporting or otherwise
28th March 2009 01:43 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

It's a good job your not a Scouser, they charge £29.99 to join their Supporters Club..

And you don't even get free fucking Shell Suit...
28th March 2009 01:47 PM
omenator2

Unregistered

Weekly NUSC Statement

yes i've seen that one on their website and promo stuff

but hasn't answered my question

You join for £10 yes

for this £10 you are given a 41p (cost price) membership card, a car sticker (lets say £1 cost) and a pin badge (lets say £2 cost)

That still leaves a 6.59 excess on each member that joins, now they state that this is used for admin costs. However they have never went into detail what these admin costs are and how much these admin costs are. I am not having a go at the people who pay £10 who join.

Just me personally would like to know where my money was going if i did decide to join up.
28th March 2009 01:48 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

That's Ironic, NUFC fans debating a value for money issue, considering the team we all support..
28th March 2009 01:55 PM
Jackal Offline

Youth Team
Weekly NUSC Statement

Jinkyjim Wrote:That's Ironic, NUFC fans debating a value for money issue, considering the team we all support..

Not ironic, oxymoronic. Joining NUSC is a choice isn't it, supporting NUFC isn't otherwise NUSC wouldn't exist in the first place would it? Confused

Big Grin
28th March 2009 02:24 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular
Weekly NUSC Statement

Its only a fucking tenner Big Grin
28th March 2009 02:44 PM
Jackal Offline

Youth Team
Weekly NUSC Statement