I dont agree with this teach ashley a lesson crap..

Thread Closed 

adam Offline

Youth Team

Yes? And he was at one point a part of one of the best attacks in the premiership. He's fucking shite now lol. Think fergie ruined him trying to make him the next Roy Keane.
25th March 2009 02:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

They all ammounted to pretty much nothing. My point has been totally lost by people on this thread.

We will bounce back up, because of the fact that the Ashley regime has got only one thing right. Investing in youngsters.
25th March 2009 03:32 PM
adam Offline

Youth Team

You're just too naive to admit who is a good player from a different club when you see one.

Investing in youngsters is great, but how many of them do we still have? People like the italian lad left without anything being said.
25th March 2009 03:36 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

Don't patronise me
25th March 2009 03:40 PM
tino Offline

First Team Regular

Lee Clarke captained the England schoolboy team and was a great player at that level

good as he was for us and at Times for Fulham his playing career was dissappointing
25th March 2009 03:41 PM
adam Offline

Youth Team

I'm just saying I don't think you can say that all of those players turned into nothing. Robinson was the England no.1 until he suddenly became a bit of a calamity. Kewell was excellent and then was plagued with injuries. Woodgate is one of the best English defenders about but is a injury case - also one of our best CB's in a long time etc.

I can't think of ONE of our youth players from the last 10 years who has done anything to that level, that's my point!

Also us having excellent kids coming through is all very well, but they will just get bought up by the big clubs if they are actually any good when we're down in the championship.
25th March 2009 03:43 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

They were good I'm not dis-agreeing, they never really hit the heights though, did they?
25th March 2009 03:45 PM
adam Offline

Youth Team

Out of that lot i'd say that Kewell did.

Robinson, guess he's still got time. The rest, mostly due to injuries, probably never will.

Woodgate without injuries would be like Terry is now, but better.
25th March 2009 03:49 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

When did Kewell hit the heights? He barely played for Liverpool... I'd say Smith was closer at Man UTD, that season when he was the only fit striker, he banged in some goals.
Robinson no chance, his career as a keeper will be shot now, very much a confidence position, same with Carson. Lennon under the correct tutalage should become a very good player, he has raw pace and talent. Trouble is, if the rumours are true he'll be off to Liverpool in the Summer, if that's true, career over. Can't really say Woodgate was/is class, doesn't play enough to warrant that. Milner is just gash!
25th March 2009 03:53 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Ryton Mag Wrote:yep, total disaster. However if/when we do go down the world won't end. Sooner or later MA will sell the club and someone will buy us and invest and we'll come back up. I see in the Journal this morning they are saying if we go down it will be almost impossible to sell the club, I don't think so, it will be impossible for Ashley to get his money back but this club will be a good buy for someone at the right price because of the vast potential. SJH made a fortune out of it and someone else could easily do the same sort of thing. In this world as we all know nothing stays the same for long.

trouble is Ryton, I'm the same age as you. I thought the days of waiting to become a top club again were over when we got rid of MacKeag. Fuck me, when we go down we are back to square one - 1978 all over again. Look how long it took before we were challenging for honours again. We'll be fucking 61!!!!
25th March 2009 08:21 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

adam Wrote:I'm just saying I don't think you can say that all of those players turned into nothing. Robinson was the England no.1 until he suddenly became a bit of a calamity. Kewell was excellent and then was plagued with injuries. Woodgate is one of the best English defenders about but is a injury case - also one of our best CB's in a long time etc.

I can't think of ONE of our youth players from the last 10 years who has done anything to that level, that's my point!

Also us having excellent kids coming through is all very well, but they will just get bought up by the big clubs if they are actually any good when we're down in the championship.

Woodgate easily the best defender in a NUFC shirt I have seen in 30+ years.

Bassong has the potential, but when we go down we'll lose him.
25th March 2009 08:23 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

we'll lose him even if we stay up TFL. another season of dross playing with shite, or a move to arsenal?

no brainer.
25th March 2009 08:32 PM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

Rod100 Wrote:we'll lose him even if we stay up TFL. another season of dross playing with shite, or a move to arsenal?

no brainer.

well to be perfectly honest though Rod, name me one period in our history ever (apart from a couple of seasons perhaps in the mid 90's) when a player would not leave us for Arsenal given half a chance!
25th March 2009 08:41 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

The_Flaming_Lip Wrote:well to be perfectly honest though Rod, name me one period in our history ever (apart from a couple of seasons perhaps in the mid 90's) when a player would not leave us for Arsenal given half a chance!

N'Zogbia got sick of waiting for them and went to Wigan Smile
25th March 2009 08:52 PM
Rod100 Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

the point is TFL - staying up or going down we will lose or better or most promising players.

the owner/management and coaches are a shambles and clueless - what top class player in their right mind would want to sign for us? we have had several seasons of turmoil on the spin now and can only see the next few being the same; barring a dramatic turnaround by MA and him investing hyge sums of money.

and getting a proper manager in ffs.
26th March 2009 08:14 AM

Thread Closed