Confirmation - Perch signs from Forrest.

Thread Closed 

TheBiscuitBandit Offline

Youth Team

Its a start.
5th July 2010 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Confirmation - Perch signs from Forrest.

It is.

A few people have mentioned this bloke as a player we should be after. Hopefully they're right.
5th July 2010 10:10 AM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain

James Perch eh?

On a scale of 1-10, i'd say 6, but at least we've hooked somebody.
5th July 2010 10:12 AM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

most of the forest fans are over the moon he's left. thought he was one of their best players, but they don't seem to rate him at all.
5th July 2010 10:20 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(5th July 2010 10:20 AM)Silent Bob Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.most of the forest fans are over the moon he's left. thought he was one of their best players, but they don't seem to rate him at all.

Aye I was reading those forums too.

Isnt too encouraging when the fans are pleased to see the back of new signings like. He did play well against us though, so he has good games in him.
5th July 2010 10:28 AM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

So far as I can see, one of the main failings of our team is the lack of depth in the squad. A utility player who can cover the whole of the defence and DM too is pretty much just what we need.

A bit worrying that he was only a squad player at a championship club, but on the two occasions I saw him play (both against us) he looked like a decent player. I know you can't judge someone from 2 games, but that's all I've got to go on, so for now I'm going to say "good buy".

Unless we blew our entire transfer budget on him.
5th July 2010 10:43 AM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

(5th July 2010 10:43 AM)Workshy Fop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So far as I can see, one of the main failings of our team is the lack of depth in the squad. A utility player who can cover the whole of the defence and DM too is pretty much just what we need.

A bit worrying that he was only a squad player at a championship club, but on the two occasions I saw him play (both against us) he looked like a decent player. I know you can't judge someone from 2 games, but that's all I've got to go on, so for now I'm going to say "good buy".

We had a budget????? Things are looking up.
5th July 2010 10:50 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(5th July 2010 10:43 AM)Workshy Fop Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.So far as I can see, one of the main failings of our team is the lack of depth in the squad. A utility player who can cover the whole of the defence and DM too is pretty much just what we need.

I wouldn't exactly call him a squad player...in six years he's played arounf 190 games, which equates to about 31 games per season.

I find it odd that they are delighted to be rid of him...I always thought he was alright. I suppose they know more than us.
5th July 2010 10:57 AM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

i asked a lad i know who's a forrest fan and he said

he's not that bad, when he's switched on he can have a great game, sometimes a brilliant game. It's pot luck though, when he's not on it he can be majorly shit... I've always liked him but he's a bit hit and miss. Seems a strange signing to me, he's definitely not Premiership class... If you were still in the Championship I could understand it.
5th July 2010 11:01 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

He was their captain the season before last and I'm sure last season he didn't play until January due to injury or something? Huh
5th July 2010 11:02 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(5th July 2010 11:01 AM)amble_ball Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i asked a lad i know who's a forrest fan and he said

he's not that bad, when he's switched on he can have a great game, sometimes a brilliant game. It's pot luck though, when he's not on it he can be majorly shit... I've always liked him but he's a bit hit and miss. Seems a strange signing to me, he's definitely not Premiership class... If you were still in the Championship I could understand it.

Oh dear...worried now!
5th July 2010 11:22 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Why worry m8 fuck all can be done about what the club does.
5th July 2010 11:23 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Brb i get my m8 who goes to all the forest games on his own words what we are getting.
5th July 2010 11:42 AM
omenator Offline

Owner

Was at the club the same time as Calderwood, so it's not like it's a stab in the dark deal
5th July 2010 11:53 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Aye he worked with him all through the youth set up and tbh i think he would be a good squad player that will keep simpson and taylor at bay for right back spot..
5th July 2010 11:56 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

(5th July 2010 11:23 AM)rotti Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Why worry m8 fuck all can be done about what the club does.

*sigh*
5th July 2010 12:20 PM
Wally McFool Offline

Reserve Team

Good luck to the lad however I am totally underwhelmed at this signing.
5th July 2010 02:20 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I dont think its meant to be a significant purchase.

It does mean that we now have cover across the whole back four.

I was always happy going into the season with Enrique, Colo, Taylor & Simpson as our first choice. I know Simpson has his doubters, me included, but I think the rest will be fine. Simpson now has some extra competition, that in itself might push him on if Perch himself cant make right back his own.

We needed a utility man at the back, I would rather we took Perch than JLoyd Samuel, at least Perch has room to improve.

Now on to bringing in a winger, centre forward and central midfielder please.
5th July 2010 02:41 PM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Perch can also play in midfield as well give Smith Something to think about this coming season as Ginger nut gone...
5th July 2010 03:09 PM
Silent Bob Offline

First Team Regular

Simpson and Perch are not upto the task and its as simple as that.

You'd think they would have went and bought someone who's had some proper premiership exp, instead of having 2 players who will most likely be ripped to shreds in the premiership.
5th July 2010 03:35 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

look's like a decent prospect imo..good age so will be hungry and wanting to play as much as he can i see it as no bad thing regardless of what forest fan's say or think.

look at the slating some of our previous player's have had and they were not all bad...
one more bod in the door bring on the rest............
5th July 2010 04:54 PM
TheBiscuitBandit Offline

Youth Team

(5th July 2010 03:35 PM)Silent Bob Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Simpson and Perch are not upto the task and its as simple as that.

You'd think they would have went and bought someone who's had some proper premiership exp, instead of having 2 players who will most likely be ripped to shreds in the premiership.

Who do you reckon we should get then??
5th July 2010 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I'm just hoping that Hughton knows what he's doing.......

I wouldn't necesarilly have been happy with Routledge, Williamson, Van Aanholt Best and Hall but they all played a part in a very succesfull season...

I'm at the point now where I don't expect any one of any note coming in but if they have the right attitude and don't crumble in the goldfish bowl I'll be relatively happy
5th July 2010 07:00 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(5th July 2010 07:00 PM)McCreery Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm just hoping that Hughton knows what he's doing.......

I wouldn't necesarilly have been happy with Routledge, Williamson, Van Aanholt Best and Hall but they all played a part in a very succesfull season...

I'm at the point now where I don't expect any one of any note coming in but if they have the right attitude and don't crumble in the goldfish bowl I'll be relatively happy

Just about sums my state of mind on the matter too
5th July 2010 07:44 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

championship player FFS.
although i know fuck all about him, time will tell.
give the cunt 6 months and see how he gets on.
mates a forrest fan and says he makes laurent robert look consistent. but give the cunt a chance and see how he gets on. still would prefer ryan taylor or stevie taylor at RB over this guy.
make him earn his place in the team.
5th July 2010 07:58 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team

Has Chris let us down in the transfer market so far ?
5th July 2010 09:57 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(5th July 2010 09:57 PM)hpoolmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Has Chris let us down in the transfer market so far ?

Not yet mate, Best hasnt really done anything of note but to be fair, I dont think he was bought to be a key player.

The rest have been ideal for the purpose.

Finding a bargain for the PL is a whole new ball game though.

We shall see soon enough
5th July 2010 10:00 PM
hpoolmag Offline

Youth Team

(5th July 2010 10:00 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(5th July 2010 09:57 PM)hpoolmag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Has Chris let us down in the transfer market so far ?

Not yet mate, Best hasnt really done anything of note but to be fair, I dont think he was bought to be a key player.

The rest have been ideal for the purpose.

Finding a bargain for the PL is a whole new ball game though.

We shall see soon enough

Forgot about Best, WHAT THE FUCK WHERE YOU THINKING OF CHRIS Bang Head at the end of the day though i'd rather sign a player like Perch instead of a Geremi or a Rozenthal or any other player big fat sam signed.
5th July 2010 10:22 PM
viana45 Offline

First Team Regular

Hindsights a great thing.
I'd rather take a risk on a player who potentially will be great.
Rather than buy a decent championship player. If that's what perch is.
5th July 2010 10:35 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He is a squad filler mate, thats all.

A player that will be potentially great would cost most of our budget no doubt.

Our money needs to be spent on a midfielder and a forward in my very humble opinion, and I think iot will be too.
5th July 2010 10:39 PM

Thread Closed