RIP Jackie Sinclair.

Thread Closed 
RIP Jackie Sinclair.

NE1 Offline

First Team Regular
RIP Jackie Sinclair.

Jackie Sinclair, who played for Newcastle when we won the Inter-City Fairs Cup in 1969, has passed away after losing his fight against cancer.

[Image: 016_jackie_sinclair.jpg]

Jackie was 67, and played 52 games for Newcastle from 1967 and 1969, and scored 8 goals, and one of them helped Newcastle beat Glasgow Rangers in the Fairs Cup Semi Final second-leg at St. James’ Park.

Jackie was born in Culross in Fife, and played on the wing for Dunfermline and Leicester City, before arriving on Tyneside for a near record fee of £67.5K in December of 1967.

Jackie left to join Sheffield Wednesday after a two year stay with the Magpies, and he had let it be known recently that he had cancer, and that the outlook was not good.

Newcastle manager Chris Hughton said this on the Newcastle web-site today:

“Everyone at the Club was very saddened to learn of the untimely death of Jackie Sinclair. We knew he had been bravely battling cancer and had been unwell for some time.”

“I’m told Jackie was a terrific player during his time at St. James’ Park and was instrumental in helping the Club win the Fairs Cup back in 1969.”

We offer our condolences to his family, and thank Jackie for everything he did for the Newcastle United club.
(This post was last modified: 2nd September 2010 01:24 PM by NE1.)
2nd September 2010 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user
Venegoor Offline

Captain
RE: RIP Jackie Sinclair.

Aye R.I.P just read this. A cracking little winger who Rangers fans will remember with affection Wink
2nd September 2010 02:18 PM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular
RE: RIP Jackie Sinclair.

R.I.P.. Jackie Lad..
3rd September 2010 12:22 PM

Thread Closed