Caroll this season

Thread Closed 
Caroll this season

Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
Caroll this season

Assuming he stays fit and healthy and out of prison, how many do you think he will get this season ???

I reckon 15. If CH plays more attacking formations then he could get more.
3rd September 2010 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

RE: Caroll this season

i predicted he`d get 15 this season,..in the premiership alone,..he does deserve to do 6months or so in jail like not just for the glassing incident and breaking taylors jaw,..but also a few years ago he beat ramage up in the town, plus when he was out with my niece in town two lads yelled summit at her, and he chased them all over town and beat them up,..and threatened someone in the metrocentre for doing something simiiar,..thats five incidents and i`m certain there will be more.

Anyone who pulls on a toon shirt and puts the ball in the net is naturally gonna be seen as a hero,..but this lad is a fuckin loonball, and seems to think he can simply knock people about for fun and seriously needs knocking down a peg or two
3rd September 2010 08:50 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(3rd September 2010 08:50 AM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i predicted he`d get 15 this season,..in the premiership alone,..he does deserve to do 6months or so in jail like not just for the glassing incident and breaking taylors jaw,..but also a few years ago he beat ramage up in the town, plus when he was out with my niece in town two lads yelled summit at her, and he chased them all over town and beat them up,..and threatened someone in the metrocentre for doing something simiiar,..thats five incidents and i`m certain there will be more.

Anyone who pulls on a toon shirt and puts the ball in the net is naturally gonna be seen as a hero,..but this lad is a fuckin loonball, and seems to think he can simply knock people about for fun and seriously needs knocking down a peg or two

If he's as bad as that mate then he won't get far in life.
3rd September 2010 08:55 AM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Thing is though he will do something while out to someone and he will get a right kicking which could end his footballing career. He needs to keep himself out of situations that could end up with him in bother.
3rd September 2010 09:14 AM
amble_ball Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

what happened with rammage?
3rd September 2010 09:33 AM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

(3rd September 2010 08:50 AM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.i predicted he`d get 15 this season,..in the premiership alone,..he does deserve to do 6months or so in jail like not just for the glassing incident and breaking taylors jaw,..but also a few years ago he beat ramage up in the town, plus when he was out with my niece in town two lads yelled summit at her, and he chased them all over town and beat them up,..and threatened someone in the metrocentre for doing something simiiar,..thats five incidents and i`m certain there will be more.

you should admire him for how he stuck up for your niece, and he must've been 12 when he kicked the fuck out of Rammage
3rd September 2010 09:40 AM
steve_smiths Offline

Youth Team

can we not praise the lad for what he's doing on the pitch? 20 plus goals last season started off fantastic this season and all we talk about is off field antics, he is 1 of our own a geordie a number 9 and we still criticise the lad, fuk sake what has he got to do to be praised
3rd September 2010 10:06 AM
Figs Offline

Fan Favourite

Win us the league Wink lol
3rd September 2010 10:18 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(3rd September 2010 09:40 AM)The Lewis Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

you should admire him for how he stuck up for your niece, and he must've been 12 when he kicked the fuck out of Rammage

hehehe,..you crackpot
(3rd September 2010 09:33 AM)amble_ball Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.what happened with rammage?

they were in a pub in town about 4 year ago,..andy thought ramage had been talking about him so told him to get outside, they went round the back of the pub so as not to be seen cos carroll was meant to be on a curfew for an incident weeks earlier
(3rd September 2010 10:06 AM)steve_smiths Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.can we not praise the lad for what he's doing on the pitch? 20 plus goals last season started off fantastic this season and all we talk about is off field antics, he is 1 of our own a geordie a number 9 and we still criticise the lad, fuk sake what has he got to do to be praised

i praised him all last season mate, always said that he would come good and fulfill his potential, which he did in the second half of the season,....but the lad is now an important player for us, so his off-the-field antics need to be discussed as well because they could mean us losing him for half of the season,..there is cctv footage of him glassing that lad allegedly, so it doesn`t look good for him really
3rd September 2010 10:20 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

I didn't think he was very good at the start of last season.....he proved me wrong

I didn't think he'd be very good this season......three games in he's already proving me wrong

I didn't think he would improve much.....he's proved me wrong

I didn't think he'd get into double figures this season but he's nearly half way there already.....I reckon a return of 14 or 15 goals this season would be fuckin amazing from a young lad in a team that many thought were automatic relegation fodder

I still don't think he's ever going to be prolific in the sense that he'll score 1 goal from every two or three decent chances but he seems more than capable of popping up with the important goals

As I say, if he gets any where close to 15 goals this season he's done as much as anyone can have expected from him

(This post was last modified: 3rd September 2010 11:31 AM by McCreery.)
3rd September 2010 11:30 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

He seems to have gained a yard of pace over the last 6 months or so, perhaps they have been working on that behind the scenes.

He still has no right foot mind, or if he does he has no confidence in it because he won't use the fucker generally.

We could well have a gem in the making, even if he never is prolific, he will be the ideal partner for someone that can be.

He is a beast at both ends in terms of set pieces too.
3rd September 2010 12:13 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(3rd September 2010 12:13 PM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.He seems to have gained a yard of pace over the last 6 months or so, perhaps they have been working on that behind the scenes.

I noticed that too Sal and was talking to an ex player about it and he reckons he isn't any quicker he is just reading the game better and hence his anticipation has improved. He also said that's what Shola has never managed to do and that's one of the big defferences between him and AC.

Interesting comment like .....
3rd September 2010 01:43 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

I dont doubt he is reading things better, but I think he has also worked on his sprinting technique. Doesnt seem to take massive slow strides like he used to, and he moves quicker for it now.
3rd September 2010 01:44 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Maybe, anyhow he's a much improved player, amazing how much he has come on in the past 12 months. It's frightening to think that if we'd not got relegated he probably wouldn't have got his chance.

Wonder if Ranger could improve like that over the next season or so.
3rd September 2010 01:49 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

7 premiership goals in 8 premiership games this season and two seasons ago... he is 21 years old... that suggests he may well be a prolific goalscorer. Defenders can't handle him and he is only going to get better.
(This post was last modified: 3rd September 2010 01:57 PM by ToonArmy1892.)
3rd September 2010 01:54 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(3rd September 2010 10:06 AM)steve_smiths Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.20 plus goals last season started off fantastic this season

19 last season, in all competitions, actually.

That said, he's looking like he might actually be the centre forward we've been crying out for since Shearer retired. I remember years ago suggesting we trawl the lower leagues looking for a big lad with a decent touch who we could mould into a "proper" centre forward, and he was cleaning boots at the academy all along.

Sadly, he was cleaning his boots with other people's faces which leads to our greatest concern. Having finally found a gem in the steaming turd factory that is our academy, how long will we have him before he Drunken Duncans off to end his career in an HMP XI?
3rd September 2010 01:55 PM

Thread Closed