Steven Taylor ‘a free transfer target for Manchester City’

Thread Closed 

omenator Offline

Owner

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Steven Taylor has emerged as a free transfer target for Manchester City following the collapse of his contract talks with Newcastle United.

The centre-back is in the final year of his Magpies contract and has been unable to agree terms for a new deal.

According to the People, Manchester City are monitoring Taylor’s situation in the hope of making a bargain signing next summer.

As the situation stands, the 24-year-old will be able to leave Newcastle as a free agent at the end of the season.

If that happens, he will be a target for a host of clubs, but City are in a position to put together a financial package that no one else will be able to compete with.

Taylor was placed on the transfer list last month, as Newcastle officials are desperate to avoid seeing one of their most highly-rated players leave for nothing.

However, the former England Under-21s captain is currently sidelined by a shoulder injury and Newcastle did not receive a single bid from another Premier League club.
5th September 2010 02:21 PM
Find all posts by this user
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite
RE: Steven Taylor ‘a free transfer target for Manchester City’

Good for him, he can go and rot on the bench for 3 o 4 years and then end up at Hull.
5th September 2010 02:37 PM
Tight_Ass_Bramble Offline

Chairman

Bleeds black and White, he does.
5th September 2010 03:07 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

with a hint of green, ey?
5th September 2010 03:40 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

and become a multi-millionaire many times over for just sitting on the bench. It must be sickening for the kid getting your jaw broke and everyone from the fans to the club sticking up for Carroll, can you blame him if he does fuck off for nowt.
5th September 2010 03:42 PM
The Lewis Offline

First Team Starter

He had it coming Big Grin
In all honesty Carroll only seems to have had scuffles with the trouble makers at the club
5th September 2010 03:48 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

didn`t someone post a video on here recently about taylor talking about the initiation ceremonys he does for the younger players,..and that he was the practical joker in the dressing room or summit,..and yet it appears that all the players think he`s a cock,..what to beleive!!??
5th September 2010 03:55 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Come on lewis man nobody deserves to have their jaw broke by a fellow player. the club did fuck all to Carroll which must have been a kick in the gob to Taylor. If Taylor leaves its the clubs fault for 2 reasons, for not giving him a new contract before now Why wait till he has only 1 year to go most players would do the same as Taylor is doing and for not sticking up for him when Carroll broke his jaw.

I know it will fuck us up but he needs to get jailed for what he did to that bloke in the bar, if it were you or me that did the same we would be in jail why not him.
5th September 2010 04:02 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Its hard to say without knowing the exact details but I am sure if Carroll was fully to blame they club would have done something. I am not defending Carrol I don't think Taylor is as clean as you make out Rotti. Can't blame him for going to City anyway. They will win far more than us over the next few years.
5th September 2010 04:30 PM
NE1 Offline

First Team Regular

Is it any coincidence our best run last year was when we lost Taylor ??
5th September 2010 05:54 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

*scratches chin*
5th September 2010 06:01 PM
mcshaniac09 Offline

Youth Team

*scratches balls*
5th September 2010 06:45 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

He's an average defender at best. No way is he good enough for Man city. It's only because he's a local lad he gets off with his shitty defending time and time again. With AC on the scene we don't need to yearn for a local boy making it and no longer need to sugar coat Taylor. Average defender trying to milk the club and swear blind his loyalty away from the scene

And this is all paper talk
5th September 2010 07:19 PM
Workshy Fop Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I have no problem with Taylor, and consider him to be a decent defender with significant potential to become a very good defender if he stops buying into the bullshit, and knuckles down to actually try.

But.

If he demands more money than our new system allows, and seeks to upset the balance of that team then he can go fuck himself. I would rather we had a commited team of Kyrgyzstanis than a bunch of wastrel geordies who are only interested in the size of their cocaine bonus.

NUFC or fuck off.
5th September 2010 07:43 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

How do we know he hasnt been offered £45k pw but in the case of Relegation his wages get halved. We simply dont know whats gone on.

I think £45k pw is bloody good money and i dont think any of our crop of players are good enough to earn that much pw.
5th September 2010 08:25 PM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team

no way on this earth with cashley let him gan for nowt .cert to go in jan window and my opinion good fucking riddance
5th September 2010 08:49 PM
rotti Offline

First Team Regular

Why would he go then m8 he only needs to say im going nowhere and in the summer i can leave for nowt.
5th September 2010 08:54 PM
14andout Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

They would be lucky to get 45 grand a year if it was up to me! Big Grin
5th September 2010 10:02 PM

Thread Closed