Kadar is hungry for first-team spot

Thread Closed 

omenator Offline

Owner

NEWCASTLE United starlet Tamas Kadar is targeting a regular first-team place after finally returning to full fitness.
The Hungarian youngster's pre-season was disrupted by a groin injury which sidelined him for a number of weeks.

He battled back to fitness, and starred in Newcastle's 3-2 Carling Cup victory at Accrington Stanley, hardly putting a foot wrong in the centre of defence.

And he hopes that performance can act as the spring board to more first-team opportunities.

Kadar – on international duty with the Hungarian Under-21 side – said: "I'm happy to be back.

"It (the Accrington Stanley match) was my first game, and it was tough.

"It was the first game I'd played 90 minutes, and I really enjoyed playing again with the lads, and now I'm looking forward to more games.

"I was training with the lads for the first week of pre-season, and then I got injured.

"I missed all the pre-season games – everything. I was working very hard with the fitness coach so I could play 90 minutes. I'm happy to come back.

"I don't want to get any more injuries – I want to be fit every time, and show the fans I can play in the first team.

"I'm always ready for my chance. I'm just working very hard to see what will happen."

Kadar has been used primarily as a centre-half by Newcastle boss Chris Hughton, though he can play left-back too, and looks the natural cover for Spaniard Jose Enrique this season.

And with Sol Campbell nearing full fitness, and Mike Williamson and Fabricio Coloccini having started the season in fine form, he has a fight on his hands to land a regular starting spot in the United back four.

Kadar must put his club thoughts to one side for the minute as he prepares to take on Bosnia Under-21s in a European Championships qualifier in Budapest tomorrow night.

The defender got another 90 minutes under his belt on Saturday as the Hungarian side lost 1-0 against Wales.

Kadar has been on the fringes of the senior side, and as well as pushing for a first-team place with his club this season, hopes to break into the full Hungary squad as well.

He added: "As I was injured, there was no chance I could play for the first team, but maybe I will get the chance to make my debut for the senior team."
6th September 2010 02:14 PM
Find all posts by this user
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular
RE: Kadar is hungry for first-team spot

I must admit we do have quite a few decent youngsters in out squad
Kadar, Vuckic, Ranger, Carrol, Simpson, Krul

The future looks bright (If MA doesn't sell them for a small profit)
6th September 2010 02:20 PM
ToonArmy1892 Offline

Fan Favourite

dunno about simpson like... championship standard at best from what ive seen
6th September 2010 02:47 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

I was thinking that too, but I thought the rest are decent and Simpo is still young.
Saying that there aren't many RBs who are decent particularly defensively in the PL

sagna and G.Neville at his prime are/were top class
Ivanovics more of a CB
6th September 2010 02:52 PM

Thread Closed