C HUGHTON

Thread Closed 
C HUGHTON

jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
C HUGHTON

is he up to the premier league or are we maybe beginning to question him soley on the two defeats we have had at home?
after a brilliant season in fizzy pop league he more than deserved his chance in the big time and hopefully he can sort it out (quick) but ultimately the buck stops with him and i am wondering if its just knee jerk reaction's or is he really so far out of his depth that maybe fat mike may be having the same thought's?
28th September 2010 10:24 AM
Find all posts by this user
Sal Offline

First Team Regular
RE: C HUGHTON

Harry Redknaps Champion League club got beat at home off Wigan, they arent questioning his credentials.

Its far too early for any of that. Hughton is loyal to a winning side, which I agree with entirely. He dropped Smith & Jonas after the Blackpool game because of poor performances (and the defeat) and replaced them with Ben Arfa & Tiote. He now has to make a decision on Routledge, Nolan, Perch & perhaps Carroll too. I think its worth at least trying with Ben Arfa behind Carroll and Nolan on the bench sooner rather than later. It wont kill Nolan to sit one game out.

The unfortunate thing is that we play Man City next which will be no indication of how good or how shyte we are, just as the Man Utd game wasnt. After that it is Wigan at home which is an absolute must win for me like.
28th September 2010 10:49 AM
toonarmy10 Offline

Reserve Team

we are newcastle united ya nah whats gan to happen beat man shitty....then get beat at home to wigan wouldnt surprise me at all that like
28th September 2010 11:37 AM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Hughton is the man for the job. One loss does not make him a bad manager....just like a big win against Villa and Everton does not make him a great.
28th September 2010 01:22 PM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

aye. the topic was to judge opinion and nothing more. i see in the days ronnygill he is sticking by perch for city.
28th September 2010 01:27 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

(28th September 2010 01:27 PM)jack Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.aye. the topic was to judge opinion and nothing more. i see in the days ronnygill he is sticking by perch for city.

I think he will play the same side again, maybe switch one of the wingers for Jonas.

Not necessarily a bad thing mind.
28th September 2010 01:37 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(28th September 2010 10:24 AM)jack Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.is he up to the premier league or are we maybe beginning to question him soley on the two defeats we have had at home?
after a brilliant season in fizzy pop league he more than deserved his chance in the big time and hopefully he can sort it out (quick) but ultimately the buck stops with him and i am wondering if its just knee jerk reaction's or is he really so far out of his depth that maybe fat mike may be having the same thought's?

don`t think you can start blaming hughton untill the team are consistently shit,..at everton the same players looked rather good and worked very hard,..at times on sunday they looked a bit flat, it wouldn`t surprise me if they turned in a really professional performance at citeh
29th September 2010 07:52 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I didn't want CH in the first place .... BUT he has proved me wrong and he has done an outstanding job so far. As was said above one defeat doesn't make him a bad manager same as one win doesn't make him great, he's learning on the job in difficult circumstances with very little money.

The last thing we need at the moment is a change of manager, the players are behind him and we should stick with him for this season and see where that takes us.

If MA sacked Hughton who would you get to manage the club ? I doubt you would get any proven top manager to work under fat cunt and arrogant cunt so you would end up with another young unproven manager which is exactly what we've got in Hughton.
29th September 2010 09:33 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Martin o`neill might fancy it instead of returning to leicester shitty again!!,..altho i`m not a yowge fan of the poikey professor, he did a reasonably good job at villa
29th September 2010 09:40 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Can't see it Brassy after he walked from villa cos they didn't or wouldn't give him money and sold their best players. Can you see him lasting more than 5 seconds under these tight arrogant fuckers ?
29th September 2010 09:43 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

(29th September 2010 09:43 AM)Ryton Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Can't see it Brassy after he walked from villa cos they didn't or wouldn't give him money and sold their best players. Can you see him lasting more than 5 seconds under these tight arrogant fuckers ?

nope,..but he is considering going to leicester and they`ve got fuck all
29th September 2010 09:46 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Aye but I bet he has total control there, players contracts who comes and goes the lot. Don't think he had final say on everything at Villa and he deffo wouldn't get that here.
29th September 2010 09:49 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Or have they

"A return to Leicester for O'Neill might seem an unlikely proposition to many but the paper notes that Thai businessman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn, who took over the club for £39 million in the summer, is prepared to stump up a big transfer kitty in bid to try and entice O'Neill back to the East Midlands club, where he enjoyed five hugely successful years between 1995-2000. "
29th September 2010 09:51 AM
The_Flaming_Lip Offline

First Team Regular

(29th September 2010 07:52 AM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(28th September 2010 10:24 AM)jack Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.is he up to the premier league or are we maybe beginning to question him soley on the two defeats we have had at home?

don`t think you can start blaming hughton untill the team are consistently shit,..at everton the same players looked rather good and worked very hard,..at times on sunday they looked a bit flat, it wouldn`t surprise me if they turned in a really professional performance at citeh

I heard a pundit (prob Lawro the tit) say that NUFC would be better away from home when they don't have to attack and break teams down. Its starting to come true innit.
This is mainly because I think Hughton needs to be more flexible in his approach away and at home. We were far too predictable v Stoke. He must allow his side to be more expressive and attacking when it is required. If not he will be lucky to keep his job this season.
29th September 2010 11:01 AM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

Hughton needs to change tactics for home games, we look good away.

and certainly far too early to start crucifying him or even thinking about crucifying him, hell he got us promoted when a lot of us were contemplating 5 years down there or more.

10th at this stage isnt all that bad.
29th September 2010 11:06 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

The puzzler is that we were clearly a lot more attacking and expressive against Villa. Yes they had an off day, but it wasnt them moving the ball around and creating chances for us was it?

Perhaps the mindset of playing Villa was to be less cautious as we were expected to get nothing and they arent in direct competition with us, whereas with clubs like Stoke the opposite is true? Meaning we were too concerned with not losing as opposed to ensuring we got all 3 points.
29th September 2010 11:07 AM
McCreery Offline

Fan Favourite

as Sal suggests....could it be something as simple as the games they've identified as winnable are actually causing more pressure and we are stuttering in them
29th September 2010 11:20 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(29th September 2010 11:07 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The puzzler is that we were clearly a lot more attacking and expressive against Villa. Yes they had an off day, but it wasnt them moving the ball around and creating chances for us was it?

Perhaps the mindset of playing Villa was to be less cautious as we were expected to get nothing and they arent in direct competition with us, whereas with clubs like Stoke the opposite is true? Meaning we were too concerned with not losing as opposed to ensuring we got all 3 points.

What I saw on the TV of the villa game was they came at us a bit more and there were gaps at the back we could exploit whereas against Stoke they sat back and defended for most of the game and we couldn't break them down.
29th September 2010 11:35 AM
Brassneck

Unregistered

i heard that the players were out to avenge villa for sending us down like
29th September 2010 11:36 AM
jack Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

(29th September 2010 07:52 AM)Brassneck Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

i do wish the thread's are read fully.where do i blame him?

aye. the topic was to judge opinion and nothing more.

doh!
29th September 2010 12:10 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

i never meant "you" as in you,..more like "you" as in everybody, including myself.

Hughtons doing ok, only his substitutions have us scratching our heads a bit, ..and fans seem divided over Nolan partnering Carroll, and also over Perch,...but apart from that he`s doing fine
29th September 2010 12:17 PM
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

speaking of Jack and his avatar, when at Tynemouth market in May, I came across pens with a golliwog on the end of them. NO way on earth could you do that in Aussie these days, political correctness has gone mad here, so I bought half a dozenSmile
30th September 2010 07:33 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Its generally accepted that a newly promoted team needs the full season to get settled into the premiership: thats the very reason they are seen as likely to go straight back down. Thats any promoted team, not just us. This is exactly what we are doing now, its true for the players and its true for the manager.

I think the players are probably freezing in front of the home crowd: dont want to sound all "andy gray" here, but expectation is massive. And so it should be, this is Newcastle United, and the players need to know that.

Hughton is learning, and although he wasnt my choice, he impresses: he has got the basis of a good team here, and something to build on. It wont be as quick as we would like but so long as we are progressing, that will do me,
30th September 2010 07:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Vic Offline

First Team Starter

I agree with that Pete.
30th September 2010 07:53 AM

Thread Closed