Newcastle should shut up or risk losing Carroll'

Thread Closed 

muff Offline

Youth Team

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Newcastle United must be the most stupid football club in the world.

Apparently they knew Andy Carroll had an injury after the game with Fulham on Saturday (a game in which Carroll completed 90 minutes). Yet they let him join up with the England squad.

Carroll trains, Fabio Capello says he will start the game, and then Newcastle decide to demand his withdrawal.

Compare that with Arsenal, a club that knows how to deal with such situations. They subbed Jack Wilshere at half-time because of a knock, and then let him join up with the England squad, knowing that if Jack was injured England would send him back to his club. And that’s exactly what happened.

If I let the cynic in me take over for a second, it smells like Newcastle want to keep their star striker fresh for the weekend game at Bolton.

Well, I’m sorry, but if Carroll doesn’t play for England he should not be allowed to play for Newcastle on Saturday.

Newcastle should just shut up and stay out of it. Do they think the England medical team don’t know what they’re doing?

The fact Newcastle pay his wages means nothing. They get enough benefits from Carroll being an England player, and it’s about time clubs started to listen to players more.

Carroll’s desperate to play for England. He can go to whichever club wants him right now, but there’s only one country he wants to play for and that’s England.

If Newcastle stand in his way and rob Carroll of his England debut I suggest the player’s loyalty to his club will vanish, and rightly so.

Carroll wants to play for England, the FA’s top medical staff are right on top of the situation so Newcastle should stay out of it.

Or they may end up losing their player.

What are your thoughts on this article........
17th November 2010 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer
RE: Newcastle should shut up or risk losing Carroll'

Load of shite, just trying provoke a response from their geordie listeners which I'm sure they'll get.
17th November 2010 03:33 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

Well, I’m sorry, but if Carroll doesn’t play for England he should not be allowed to play for Newcastle on Saturday.

why Confused
17th November 2010 03:38 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

A load of shite
Talkshite always

Tossers
17th November 2010 03:39 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

I hope he has better judgement than Owen did where England are concerned.
17th November 2010 03:39 PM
Geordie_leg Offline

First Team Regular

This line summed it up

Carroll’s desperate to play for England. He can go to whichever club wants him right now, but there’s only one country he wants to play for and that’s England.

Shame he was considering Scotland a while back...
17th November 2010 03:40 PM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

"The fact Newcastle pay his wages means nothing. They get enough benefits from Carroll being an England player, and it’s about time clubs started to listen to players more."

You have to laugh, what benefits do NUFC get out of him playing for them useless buggers ? The fact that we pay his wages means everything. It only means nothing if you don't care about NUFC and are only interested in the useless bunch of overpaid wankers that are the Engerland team.
17th November 2010 03:42 PM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Good luck to the lad, I hope he has a great career for England....but I dont have much faith in the England hierarchy looking after players: been down this road with Owen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Brassneck

Unregistered

lol,.GL,...nearly as funny as chopra wanting to play for india
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

(17th November 2010 03:42 PM)Ryton Mag Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links."The fact Newcastle pay his wages means nothing. They get enough benefits from Carroll being an England player, and it’s about time clubs started to listen to players more."

You have to laugh, what benefits do NUFC get out of him playing for them useless buggers ? The fact that we pay his wages means everything. It only means nothing if you don't care about NUFC and are only interested in the useless bunch of overpaid wankers that are the Engerland team.

Only a bunch of fat sweaty, greasy heeded cockneys could conjur up a gem like that....I hope there guts burst open the fat bastards.
(This post was last modified: 17th November 2010 03:44 PM by liam1708.)
17th November 2010 03:44 PM
muff Offline

Youth Team

This Line sums it up - The fact Newcastle pay his wages means nothing.

What planet is he on ,its as if every one hates us , if it was a top 4 club this would be a completely different article.........
17th November 2010 03:45 PM
Brassneck

Unregistered

at the end of the day if he plays well tonight and scores a couple of goals his confidence will be sky high going into the bolton game, which will be good for us,..but if he niggles that suspect groin tonight and misses the bolton match and it costs us 3 points.................!!!
17th November 2010 04:02 PM
King Sentinel I Offline

First Team Regular

Oh dear.....and so the wheels of Andy's departure from NUFC slowly roll into motion.
17th November 2010 05:12 PM
Venegoor Offline

Captain

Considering Talkshite has all the credibility of a politician, i'll treat the arrticle with the contempt it deserves. How anybody can listen to that steaming pile of shite of a station is beyond me. It is just a repository for discredited, disreputable down-at-heel nobodies grubbing a living at the only station that will have them. A sort of sporting European Union.
17th November 2010 05:13 PM
liam1708 Offline

First Team Starter

A very good analogy.
17th November 2010 05:14 PM
The Steve Offline

Fan Favourite

Im sure he'll excuse a bit of anxiety given that we lost Owen for the best part of a year due to an injury playing for England.
17th November 2010 11:30 PM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

Aye and Owen still gets slagged off for risking it when he wasn't 100% fit, so why does Carroll get away with it.

Is it cause Owen's black?
18th November 2010 09:45 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

No, its because AC is more than willing to put in a shift week in,week out.
18th November 2010 09:48 AM
Jinkyjim Offline

First Team Regular

Haha.. Roughy, Toughy Geordie comes through unscathed.. Squeeky Scouser limps off...
(This post was last modified: 18th November 2010 10:01 AM by Jinkyjim.)
18th November 2010 10:01 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(18th November 2010 09:48 AM)lundypete Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.No, its because AC is more than willing to put in a shift week in,week out.

There were comments regarding Owen saying that NO player should risk playing for their country if they're not 100% fit.

But Carroll does it and it's ok?

Haha.
18th November 2010 10:32 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

No one would begrudge a player representing his country.

Carroll "gets away with it" because he clearly demonstrates a passion and love for the club week in, week out. An England cap is icing on the cake for him.

England caps were the reason Owen came here in the first place: we were a means to an end for him.

There is a world of difference.
18th November 2010 10:41 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

No there isn't.

I'm not begrudging Carroll of anything...but then I didn't have a go at Owen for it...
18th November 2010 10:48 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

Nor did I at the time. I think the Owen episode was a disaster for us and him: I cant blame him for getting injured, its not like he wanted it. I have no doubt when he came here he thought he would do more for us. On the whole, the whole saga smacked of another Shepherd fiasco.

I resent MOs more recent snide comments though.
18th November 2010 10:54 AM
Ryton Mag Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I would have preferred AC not to have played last night, just me being selfish. It was however a meaningless friendly and we have a very important game on Sat at Bolton. If he had got injured we would have all been crying about it, thank goodness he seems to be ok.
18th November 2010 10:55 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

I don't like Owen's recent comments either mate, I just fail to see how anybody could criticise Owen for playing for his country in that World Cup.
18th November 2010 10:58 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

I wouldnt criticise him for that: it was fucking bad luck all round. I just wish the whole episode had ended on a brighter note.

At the end of the day, I have no doubt Freddie painted the big picture to him, more investment to come, etc.....and it went sour.

I think the criticism levelled at MO for his England career was frustration that we werent getting much from him (not his fault), coulped with some resentment that he didnt bleed black and white. And thats why Carroll doesnt get slammed: he is one of our own, and he is doing the business for us as well.
18th November 2010 11:18 AM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

And he played Last Wednesday, last Saturday and no doubt this Saturday.

Therefore he isnt injured and there is no call to slate him at all surely????????????

Just because the media tried to make a big deal of us asking for caution doest mean he was actually unfit.

We did the same with the dutch FA who sent Krul home, he wasnt injured either.
18th November 2010 11:41 AM
lundypete Offline

First Team Benchwarmer

It does make you think though....Wenger was allowed to pull his player out of the squad, our requests were pretty much ignored.
18th November 2010 11:44 AM
richyNUFC Offline

First Team Regular

(18th November 2010 11:41 AM)Sal Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Therefore he isnt injured and there is no call to slate him at all surely????????????

No, of course not, but if it was Owen, he'd be slated.
18th November 2010 12:15 PM
Sal Offline

First Team Regular

Owen was always injured though, so it's not the same really.
18th November 2010 01:21 PM

Thread Closed